Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] NHS CV19 tracing app.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Instead you just post your movements, what you’ve had to eat/drink and where and what improvements you’ve made to your rental portfolio on here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or maybe it’s all a carefully crafted and elaborate smoke screen? Who knows who is really typing this, or making those runs on Strava, or eating those dishes on Insta?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The gestapo in nazi Germany was in fact a very small organisation in itself. It relied on citizens grassing up their fellow citizens - as you suggest above - citizens spying on citizens. However, I'm not sure you would describe nazi Germany as "communist" would you?

"Citizens spying on citizens" is / has been used by regimes at both ends of the political extremes both communist and fascist to instill fear in the populace and exercise tight controls on the activities of the people.

The next step will be to have the army out on the streets and heavens forbid we end up with that scenario. We tried that in the north of Ireland for decades and those of us of a certain vintage will remember that that didn't exactly work well.

This scenario could easily unfold again at some point in the future (if it’s not already in motion now) and a huge amount of our society would blindly fall into line and follow the ‘rules’. Even here you can see anyone who’s not prepared to just accept what they’re told is true by the powers that be are labelled a ‘nut job’ or other snide weak comments.

It seems we have learnt nothing from the past

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Or maybe it’s all a carefully crafted and elaborate smoke screen? Who knows who is really typing this, or making those runs on Strava, or eating those dishes on Insta?

Sarcastic [emoji736]
Middle class sounding [emoji736]
Pretending to be controversial [emoji736]

No it’s definitely you [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd be amazed if GCHQ didn't have the wherewithall to track and trace all of our movements anyways, long before covid was a thing

As I read elsewhere people are more than happy to give all their personal information to Supermarkets, Airlines etc to get a £.000001 reward per x of activity but not to give fairly innocuous information to help prevent someone dying.

Do I really care if someone knows where I am or where I have been? Not a bit. Are they interested for any other than good reason? Seemingly so!

Beggars belief

downloaded it this morning, I can not think of a rational reason not to do so, anyone who thinks along the lines that its all a big conspiracy and has a smart phone has already given every bit of information and data to big brother anyway, so this isn't anything more. So if it is all a big con there is no harm, if on the other hand this virus exists then anything we can do to help is a no brainer.

There are those who can not for various reasons use this app,and wear masks and thats fine, but the more that do the better for those who cant. Those who won't rather than cant, and refuse to follow any kind of preventative behaviour really need to take a good long look at themselves, using whatever brain cells they have. The reason we can't go back into football stadiums, and do the other things we all want is down to people like them.

This, didn't think twice about downloading it. My perverse logic is that the more apps. you have with data the more confused the "men in black" will become with information overload and give up :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Excellent move.

I have never held with this exemption idea anyway. Even if wearing a mask causes "anxiety" tough shit. Wear a mask or stay at home. If a mask or similar doesn't suit then wear a plastic face shield. It only takes one of these people claiming exemption (whether they are really exempt or not) to have the virus and dozens of people are put at risk.

If HMG has evidence that wearing a face covering reduces transmission risk EVERYBODY wears them when and where required. End of.

Sigh ...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This, didn't think twice about downloading it. My perverse logic is that the more apps. you have with data the more confused the "men in black" will become with information overload and give up :)

a reasonable view. or more accuratly, they just dont give a toss about 99.9% of the population. those who do want to know about us, advertisers, people give data to willingly. :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So 1 in 3 false positives on the app, and Johnson has confirmed that if you get a notiffication via the app, there is no legal requirement to self isolate, and no fines are applicable. You must only self isolate when contacted by the track and trace team.

So more money well spent by the Government.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Comes down to the same ol' thing: responsible members of society trying to do what's best for people they know and people they don't know vs selfish covidiots convinced of their own immortality and furk everybody else :shrug:

100% THIS
Okay, the figures are low for our area, but I have to carry out surveys in peoples houses, my daughter works for WRAS wildlife rescue service, so she also
has to visit strangers properties before coming home to us, so hopefully it will help protect me and my family, and the householders that we visit too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It's [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] isn't it? I knew you were his seventh account! How's life as a lizard these days?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's not very popular at the moment, with a rating of 1.6 out of 5.

1 Thumbs Up!
Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
No, I think you've got the right one.

In the Play Store I believe it was the IoW trial and the updated version of the app (dated yesterday or today) is the one for everyone.

This is the link anyway: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d19.production

Unfortunately it was always likely that a certain demographic of our society would leave bad/1-star reviews in volume as soon as they could.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not totally sure, but has this by any chance been mentioned anywhere else?

I think you whooshed me about something yesterday. Just thought I'd acknowledge it, somewhere where nobody will notice :whistle::rolleyes::lolol::bigwave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Do I have to download it to give it my 0 out of 5 rating?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So 1 in 3 false positives on the app, and Johnson has confirmed that if you get a notiffication via the app, there is no legal requirement to self isolate, and no fines are applicable. You must only self isolate when contacted by the track and trace team.

So more money well spent by the Government.

He says that now....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As already posted, there will be a whole heap of people who are undoubtedly going to be involved in some sort of mutual wankathon to celebrate how clever they've been in leaving a bad review as soon as the app dropped.

You know when Albion are going through bad times, or losing, there's that small group of people who seem to take delight in that misery, just waiting for another defeat so they can jump on here, or on twitter, to revel in an unfortunate event?

Is strikes me that there's a similar group of people who can't wait for any government mis-step on Covid-19, so they can stick the boot in. That real or perceived government failings are bad for all of us, almost seems secondary, such is their glee to jump on it.

It's an app that uses independently-provided technology from two of the world's leading technology companies, the same tech deployed by other countries in similar apps.

If I install it, there's a chance I could save someone's life.

If I don't install it, there's a chance I might not save someone's life.

I don't find the choice a difficult one to make.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone. Those who won't install it, were probably never going to do so and won't be persuaded by me, nor by anyone else.. As Starsailor once sang:

Thank goodness for the good souls
That make life better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here