NFL season 2012

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I picked up a link to The NFL (back on page 15) and have watched 2 Packers matches on it, all fine and dandy.
They seemed to show all the games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm finishing the Fantasy season quite strong.
I guess that's what happens when you fill your team with Pats and have Rodgers as your QB.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
3 games to go and the Houston Texans are top seed in the AFC having wrapped up their first Divisional title with a big win at Cincy. Playing poorly and still winning - the mark of any successful team.

2 games at home left against Panthers (4-9) and Titans (7-6) shouldn't prove too much of a threat, nor should the away trip against the hapless Colts (0-13).

As for the rivals, I fear Baltimore - their run-in v Chargers, Browns and Bengals looks easy.
Steelers still have to play at the 49s.
Patriots have the Tebow enigma in their way next.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Packers now 12 - 0 but wow what a game last night !!

38 - 35 againstthe Giants.

Can we remain unbeaten throughout the regular season?

What an amazing game this is.

Did ANYONE think that the Packers would come unstuck to the Chiefs, or indeed that the Colts would break their duck vs the Titans. Another superbly unpredictable weekend. Giants look to have regained form then stink the place out vs the 'skins, while the Ravens (a team I thought would be the most likely to stop the Packers) get Ray Lewis back and get turned over quite brutally by the Chargers.

It's unpredictability of sport that has me on the edge of my seat, and that's why I love this game, and grow ever more bored and dis-illusioned with the Premiership.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good to see the Pats beat the Broncos and secure the AFC East title with Tom Brady showing he’s still the Man. The whole Tebow thing was starting to get a bit irritating.

Big New York fixture on Christmas Eve with the Giants and the Jets battling it out. I’d back the Giants.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Gutted that the Packers lost last night, as we're going to their final regular season game against Detroit on New Year's Day, and I would have loved to have seen the final game that made it 16-0

Shame - but still have the Bears to play and beat on Christmas Day, and maybe it shows that they are not invincible - still backing them to make it back to back Superbowl wins though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I watched the Packers game.
Their defence gave Rodgers no time, in the pocket.
Our offensive line, got really banged up which didn't help.

The GB defence did a stellar job, in The Red Zone.
Rodgers just wasn't able to hit a barn door, although he did march down the pitch for one TD, but that was it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants won the New York derby (I suppose that’s really the New Jersey derby). Once again it shows what a fat, useless, tosser Rex Ryan is and what an overrated QB Mark Sanchez is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is how to score a TD:-

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d8255d978/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Jumpin-Jerome-Simpson[/video]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I don't post on here much as I record games to DVD and play catch up on viewing them when I am working away, I know a lot of you watch online streams and this may have been posted already so apologies if fictures.

I used this code on nfl gamepass last week GPMYVOUCHER and got the £15.99 weeks pass for £12.79, deal runs out tomorrow, I have been very impressed, my laptop is HD and the picture quality and streaming has been top notch. I had no idea you can watch any game from the whole season and you can either watch the full game of a 30 minute version of just the plays. I have really had my Grid Iron fix this week and loved it. I reckon I will invest in this next season a quality product. Its only good in the UK for the regular season games so next week the Sky is going on for the wild card games etc.

NFL Gamepass Discount Codes | NFL Gamepass Vouchers Promotional Codes

As for the Simpson jump, Kazenga should try that on a defender soon...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good piece in the local paper today saying the Dallas Cowboys should no longer be called ‘America’s Team’ as they haven’t been to the Super Bowl since 1996. Admittedly they did win 3 times out of 4 years back then. In their poll the Packers are currently top.

Should Dallas Cowboys still be 'America's Team ?'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good piece in the local paper today saying the Dallas Cowboys should no longer be called ‘America’s Team’ as they haven’t been to the Super Bowl since 1996. Admittedly they did win 3 times out of 4 years back then. In their poll the Packers are currently top.

especially as the Eagles made them look pretty poor the other night

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I agree the Pack or Steelers seemed to have the most support at the Wembley game, however the Jerrytron may win a few back over time.

Who is going to stop the Pack getting to the Super Bowl this year...

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Enough of the football gloom and doom, time for some football.

Cannot believe that my black-and-silver boys still have a chance of making the playoffs despite disciplinary and injury records worse than the Albion's. Sure they are not going to win the big prize but an extension to the season would be nice, and both games on sky tonight are relevant to our chances. Surely Tebow Time does not have one final gasp?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
This is how to score a TD:-

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d8255d978/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Jumpin-Jerome-Simpson[/video]

That was something else. Thanks SB for posting.

Jul 7, 2003
Enough of the football gloom and doom, time for some football.

Cannot believe that my black-and-silver boys still have a chance of making the playoffs despite disciplinary and injury records worse than the Albion's. Sure they are not going to win the big prize but an extension to the season would be nice, and both games on sky tonight are relevant to our chances. Surely Tebow Time does not have one final gasp?

I think that the Orange Crush will go through to post season but only because the Bolts will beat the Raiders rather than because we will beat the Chiefs. For all the talk about Tebow, our season depends on whether Dawkins palys or not as our defence seems to fall apart whenever he is off the field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports