NFL season 2012

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 7, 2003
I'm loving Tebow.
I am 100% on the Bow bus.

I think it's great that everybody, including the people that coach & pay him, think he's sh*te, and not up to the job.
Then every Sunday, he's told this is the week he gets found out, and he still goes on to win.

Pure genius.

(He probably will come unstuck, this Sunday, against the cack Viqueens :lol:)

As a Broncos fan I still maintain that Tebow is not a quarterback - he is a full back who throws the ball occasionally. You can't argue with his win record but let's be honest, it is down to the quality of our D rather than Tebow.

Dumervil, Von Miller, Dawks, Champ, Joe Mays, DJ Williams et al are playing superbly at the moment. I thought we'd get found out by the Bolts but the D played so well in putting Rivers under pressure it kept us in the game. Could have done without the 00:50 finish to the game though when I've got work in the morning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Evening chaps.
Listening to PTI, this morning. The boys were discussing the sackings and the selling of Jacksonville, with a fella from Sports Illustrated.
The guy is question was mulling over a new owner, badly supported team, and no franchise in L.A.

He then throws into the conversation:-
'well of course they might go to London, The London Panthers'.
He was adamant that 'it would happen in our lifetime'.

We all know Wembley/The FA would whore itself for this cash cow.

But what do we do?
I don't know if I could support The Packers & ...

I don't even support a cycling team.
Cycling being my main sport of choice. (The Albion being beyond sport, but Soccerball has left me far behind).

I'm very much an Albion first Then Packers, and that's it.
So adding another team esp in one of my 2 team sports seems unlikely.

I'll stop now, as I'm obviously rambling!.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who would want to play for us, flying over to the States every couple of weeks for a game?

I like the game, but totally ruined by all the advert breaks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No shortage of Americans wanting to play in the NFL.
They could be mooting a team Siberia and it would be competitive within a season.

All they would need is a 'token' local, probably a kicker.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Packers now 12 - 0 but wow what a game last night !!

38 - 35 againstthe Giants.

Can we remain unbeaten throughout the regular season?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As a Broncos fan I still maintain that Tebow is not a quarterback - he is a full back who throws the ball occasionally. You can't argue with his win record but let's be honest, it is down to the quality of our D rather than Tebow.

Dumervil, Von Miller, Dawks, Champ, Joe Mays, DJ Williams et al are playing superbly at the moment. I thought we'd get found out by the Bolts but the D played so well in putting Rivers under pressure it kept us in the game. Could have done without the 00:50 finish to the game though when I've got work in the morning.

You have to give Tebow credit though, he IS a winner. For the technical failings, he does seem to make up for it in sheer determination to find a way to do whatever is necessary to edge home. After keeping opponents to 10, 13 and 13 in weeks 10-12 it became quite popular to give credit to the D, but when they give up 32 points to the Vikings, then you score 35 points to sneak the win again. Sorry, but Tebow has to start getting some love, as any defence that can give up 32 points to the Vikings WITHOUT Adrian Peterson, cannot be taking all the credit here.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can we remain unbeaten throughout the regular season?

YES, certainly until week 17 anyway!
Raiders - not got enough about them to trouble the Pack. If the Fins can put up 34 pts on them, then the Packers could go past 50.
@ Chiefs - won't even be close.
Bears - it's all gone wrong for them. Their D will set the Pack a challenge, but without Cutler and Forte, they won't put up the points to stay close.

The challenge will be the Lions, as they will be fighting for a post-season spot. With everything on the line, (and Suh back in the line-up) then I think week 17 is the week that the Pack will be run close. Until Suh's stupid penalty and ejection from the game, that one was tight. The penalty alone prevented a stop on the Packers, which is not mean feat, but to lose him from the game, and the momentum that gave the Packers, was all too much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T

e

b

o

w

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I felt GB's toughest test would be last night.
The Giants aren't as bad as NO made them out to be. Plus NO play similar to GB, so in essence NY had 2 week to prepare for The Packers.
The thing is, EVERYBODY in that stadium knew what was going to happen in the last 50 seconds, and it still did.
With all that pressure, so much on the line, Rodgers still effortlessly pulled it off.
That's Montana, Elway and Marinoesque. Perfect.

Detroit are on the slippery slide, and won't figure come the last week.
The Bears, like most other teams this season, are heavily reliant on QB so if that isn't sorted by week 16, they are also done.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Detroit are on the slippery slide, and won't figure come the last week.

They are sliding, but looking at the schedules, I can't see that they will be done and dusted in the wild card race by then. I'm pretty confident they will be going into that game with a wild card place to play for. Viking, Raiders, and Chargers to come before then, and even if they go 1-2 (and 2-1 is more likely IMHO) then 8-7 or 9-6 going into week 17 would have them battling the Giants for the final Wild Card spot behind the Falcons, and possibly the Bears, but I think they've lost too much with Cutler and Forte banged up. Even if Forte is only a sprain and is back soon, I still think they're gone.

But back to Lions @ Packers, week 17, the Lions post-season will depend on it, making it the toughest test the Packers have in the regular season ... but I still fully expect the Packers to go 16-0. In fact, I'm not sure there is a team in the NFC who can stop them. I see the Ravens, or Steelers as the only teams who could stop them emulating the '72 Dolphins.

Jul 7, 2003
You have to give Tebow credit though, he IS a winner. For the technical failings, he does seem to make up for it in sheer determination to find a way to do whatever is necessary to edge home. After keeping opponents to 10, 13 and 13 in weeks 10-12 it became quite popular to give credit to the D, but when they give up 32 points to the Vikings, then you score 35 points to sneak the win again. Sorry, but Tebow has to start getting some love, as any defence that can give up 32 points to the Vikings WITHOUT Adrian Peterson, cannot be taking all the credit here.

The D missed Von Miller this week but the big difference this week was that Tebow threw the ball and he threw it well - fairly tight spirals rather than the previous wayward efforts. Still, having overtaken the clowns in Black & Silver at the top of the division I really couldn't be more pleased/surprised. Bears and Pats in the next two weeks will give us a good indication of how we are doing.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I dropped a few $$$ on Denver to make the Superbowl a few weeks back, just for the fun of it! Fingers are tightly crossed haha. Just landed in Denver today actually and everyone seems pretty excited by Tebow and their season right now...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
YES, certainly until week 17 anyway!
Raiders - not got enough about them to trouble the Pack. If the Fins can put up 34 pts on them, then the Packers could go past 50.
@ Chiefs - won't even be close.
Bears - it's all gone wrong for them. Their D will set the Pack a challenge, but without Cutler and Forte, they won't put up the points to stay close.

The challenge will be the Lions, as they will be fighting for a post-season spot. With everything on the line, (and Suh back in the line-up) then I think week 17 is the week that the Pack will be run close. Until Suh's stupid penalty and ejection from the game, that one was tight. The penalty alone prevented a stop on the Packers, which is not mean feat, but to lose him from the game, and the momentum that gave the Packers, was all too much.

I will be at that game !!

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
I think a motivated Raiders front 4 could put pressure on Rodgers.

They can also control the clock with their running game should McFadden return although Bush is more than capable.

They get the running game going, and the deep passes to Moore, Heyward-Bey, Ford and Schilens will come easy off playaction.

I'm picking the Raiders this week.

Mainly because there should only be 1 16-0 regular season team :cool:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My beloved Eagles who are 4 and 8 are playing the dolphins, who are also 4 and 8...... That should be a clash of the titans

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

They can also control the clock with their running game should McFadden return although Bush is more than capable.

They get the running game going, and the deep passes to Moore, Heyward-Bey, Ford and Schilens will come easy off playaction.

Well I'm sure you'll be able to find some favourable odds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watching the Packers stream.
Some of the stats the commentators are saying about the Packers, are jaw dropping.

Rodgers is about to beat GB's season long TD record.
Crosby has only kicked 3 FG's at home all season 'red zone = TD'.
18 different TD receivers this season.

And my personnel favourite quote from early in 1st quarter:-

The Raiders have had 14 snaps, to The Packers 1....The Packers 7-0 up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You should double down, now.
I think you'll find even more favourable odds!

Jul 7, 2003
Another Sunday, another three quarters of appalling offence and then...Tebow Time! If Fox could get Timmy to playing from the first quarter rather than the last one we could be contenders. All of these close wins don't make it easy being a Bronco (especially the OT games when you have to get up early in the morning) but if anyone had said we would win six straight games a couple of months ago I would have had them committed.

Surely it must come to an end against the Pats next week - a real test for our D. At least it is on Sky so no need to pay for GamePass.

Does anyone else pay for GamePass on a weekly basis and if so, have you found that you seem to get some weeks for free?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports