NFL season 2012

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Been a bad few weeks for the Jets, I'm hopeful we can get to 3-3 on Monday with a win against the Dolphins. I'm off to NYC for the Bills game next month. To quote Bart Scott "can't wait"

The Meadowlands Stadium (now Metlife Stadium) is really impressive, haven’t seen the Jets or Giants play there but did see the USA / Argentina soccer game played there and it’s a great atmosphere. Easy to get to by train from NYC and a huge car park for the tailgate parties, Cannot understand why Rex Ryan dumped Derrick Mason. After 3 straight losses the Monday night game against the Dolphins is a must-win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am very busy at the moment and struggle to just catch up with the Ch 4 highlights I record on DVD everyweek. Can you recommend any of the American Football podcasts, as I can often listen when I am travelling. Cheers.

I'm a Tony Kornheister fan, so PTI and his ESPN radio show mainly.
If you are a Skins fan his radio show is a must pre/post match, as the programme is from Washington.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm a Tony Kornheister fan, so PTI and his ESPN radio show mainly.
If you are a Skins fan his radio show is a must pre/post match, as the programme is from Washington.

Yes I like Tony, however he does'nt seem to do any of the TV I record this season. The Skins thing is a Hotchillidog slur, he is trying to swell their numbers, one thing I like about NFL is that I can often be pretty neutral when watching a game. Will check the podcasts out...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes I like Tony, however he does'nt seem to do any of the TV I record this season. The Skins thing is a Hotchillidog slur, he is trying to swell their numbers, one thing I like about NFL is that I can often be pretty neutral when watching a game. Will check the podcasts out...
TK's ESPN radio show is great, and one of my favourite podcasts.
He's a very cantankerous old man, completely out of touch with the 21st century.
The people with him, play up to this and wind him up a treat.

It's supposed to be sports lead, so that's Monday, and half of Friday.
He's political (liberal) so that's Tuesday.

The other 2 and a half days is him reading obituaries and talking about monkeys.
Perhaps not quite like that, but sometimes that's how it seems.
It's a great show, think Jewish Victor Meldrew.

Jul 7, 2003
I certainly will do at some point. The kids are up for holidaying in America, so as soon as I can afford that, I'll be heading somewhere that has teh combination of: sunny, touristy, NFL, and one that doesn't sell out. Miami or Tampa would seem favouriotes then.

I'm a Cowboy fan, with a soft spot for the Browns.

Assuming that the kids are looking to go to the theme parks of Orlando then Tampa or Jacksonville are your best options. Tampa is great fun if you're taking the whole family because of the pirate ship in the corner of the ground but it's easy to get tickets for Jacksonville. Tampa is only just over an hour from Disneyworld whereas Jax is just over two hours. If you don't want to drive so you can really enjoy the whole atmosphere, there is an Orlando based tour company who run trips to Jags and Buccs games.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
that was a brutal loss on monday night, i'm not entirely convinced by the lions (yet!) but our bloody o line, again. i know, i really am a stuck record. i was so irate about it on tuesday that i emailed in to the bears with some choice words. cutler is never going to be an elite qb, but he does have a decent arm and if you give him the chance he can win you games. if you put an o line in front of him that collapses easier than a chocolate fire guard it's just a recipe for disaster.

i have started feeling very sorry for the man. he is trying but any time he tried to drop back and take time to throw the ball he had the lions d on top of him. i just don't understand how when we have picked o-line in the draft in the way we have that we are still completely awful. cutler is getting no protection from them at all, nothing, none. so he has to put the ball in forte's hands and while forte is an awesome rb he can't carry the whole team on his back every single game.

i don't mind if we play well and lose but playing with an o line that just crumbles when the ball is snapped is embarrassing.

royally fed up.

will be back in england for the bears game at wembley and i'm fairly sure that will be a waste of time unless something big changes in chicago. if we carry on in the way we have been it'll be a walk over for tampa.

we're playing the vikings this weekend. we are the two worst teams in the division, have seen the vikings a few times this year truly abysmal to start with but looking a bit better recently. wouldn't surprise me if they beat us too.

we're 3 games back now :(

--

definitely go if you get the chance gritt. i've been to tampa with the whole family and the kids enjoyed the ship, they were playing the jets so no interest in the game really but it was a a fun day out for us.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Assuming that the kids are looking to go to the theme parks of Orlando then Tampa or Jacksonville are your best options. Tampa is great fun if you're taking the whole family because of the pirate ship in the corner of the ground but it's easy to get tickets for Jacksonville. Tampa is only just over an hour from Disneyworld whereas Jax is just over two hours. If you don't want to drive so you can really enjoy the whole atmosphere, there is an Orlando based tour company who run trips to Jags and Buccs games.

I was wondering about Jacksonville as well, but it is a bit further from Disneyworld, and for what, I prefer to watch the Bucs play - albeit they have been hugely disappointed by them so far this season.

Thanks for the tips though, especially the idea of an Orlando tour company. It would be a whole load more fun not to have to worry about driving, and therefore not drinking.

Jul 7, 2003

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So, Hillis was bench in the 3rd Qtr (stories of an MRI on a hamstring inj have been denied).
Shurman has denied he's on the trading block.

Meanwhile, Dallas see Felix Jones go down with a high ankle sprain (2-4 weeks) and he's hardly done much when fit tbh.
Murray and Choice have done little with the chances they have had.
Jerry Jones has denied that Choice is on the trading block.

Trade deadline is today, so how about Hillis to the Cowboys for Choice and a trade pick. Hillis to come in as an immediate starter, while Choice goes to Cleveland as the back-up to Hardesty.

The Browns aren't shy about trading away a RB the year after some great numbers, just ask Jerome Harrison!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well, thank goodness for that attempted trade of Brown for Harrison. The reason that it collapsed when Harrison had his medical, was that they discovered a BRAIN TUMOUR! No symptoms that Jerome was complaining of, so without the proposed trade back to the Eagles, no medical, and no discovery.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
just had the previlage of chatting to the Tampa Bucs cheerleaders at Gatwick, OMG are they fit, not an ugly one amongst them, very short which surprised me, but I was like a kid in a sweet shop!!! Unfortuanlty no photos though!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Brilliant night last night anyone else have another good day out at Wembley, the cheerleader adverts for the swimsuit calender on the big screens adding to the wierdness of the squirrel touchdown and the pitch invasion....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I dropped a fantasy testicle this week.
I managed to only bring in players who were on a bye week. :facepalm:

AR is about my only scoring player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or the Colts defence.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So, assuming the Colts maintain their current "form" through to the end of the season, they have the no.1 overall pick, for a draft that has one of the best QB prospects in a long time. Do they take Andrew Luck, and signal the twilight of Peyton's career, as they surely wouldn't leave Luck on the bench learning for more than a season, or do they look to trade the pick away (and they'll be plenty of takers) on the basis that Manning will be back and has a good few years left in him.

Perhaps, they take Luck and TRADE Manning. It's happened to great QBs before. When Steve Young was sat on the bench, the 49ers sent Montana off to Kansas City, and of course more recently the Packers correctly saw Rodgers as the future and let Favre go off on his will he / won't he retirement journey through New York and Minnesota.

My bet would be they take Luck, as I could see Mannings career being nearly over due to injuries. If he retires this off season, then the future is Luck, whereas if they have both next season then they give themselves a year to assess Luck, then offload Manning as soon as they believe Luck to be the next Aaron Rodgers (in "taking over from a great" not in playing style).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On the NFLUK Fantasy League, a couple of us have used our names from here, so I know who I'm up against, but can the others flag themselves up, so I can attach the NSCer with the NFLUKer in my head?

1. Colpen 787 pts
1. SkintGull 787
3. Gritt23 761
4. Wakeytom 728
5. JohnnyJet 672
6. Stat Brother 629
7. Harrysilkbha 535
8. Shifty89 526

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
So, assuming the Colts maintain their current "form" through to the end of the season, they have the no.1 overall pick, for a draft that has one of the best QB prospects in a long time. Do they take Andrew Luck, and signal the twilight of Peyton's career, as they surely wouldn't leave Luck on the bench learning for more than a season, or do they look to trade the pick away (and they'll be plenty of takers) on the basis that Manning will be back and has a good few years left in him.

Perhaps, they take Luck and TRADE Manning. It's happened to great QBs before. When Steve Young was sat on the bench, the 49ers sent Montana off to Kansas City, and of course more recently the Packers correctly saw Rodgers as the future and let Favre go off on his will he / won't he retirement journey through New York and Minnesota.

My bet would be they take Luck, as I could see Mannings career being nearly over due to injuries. If he retires this off season, then the future is Luck, whereas if they have both next season then they give themselves a year to assess Luck, then offload Manning as soon as they believe Luck to be the next Aaron Rodgers (in "taking over from a great" not in playing style).

I watched a replay of the Stanford bowl game last year. Luck looks bloody good!

Any idea of where the RB from Oregon is predicted? (Think his name is Da-something James)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports