Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL season 2012

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Bills are going well. Makes a change. might have interest for another week or two. Till the running back gets injured, then we will be back to usuall form i supose.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bills are going well. Makes a change. might have interest for another week or two. Till the running back gets injured, then we will be back to usuall form i supose.

Indeed they are, but it's not just down to Jackson. Fitzpatrick has had a pretty special start to the season as well.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Indeed they are, but it's not just down to Jackson. Fitzpatrick has had a pretty special start to the season as well.

Plus the defence is playing as well as I have ever seen. We have surely had more interceptions this season than the last 10 seasons put together. Struggled a bit late on against the eagles, but otherwise very good

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Packers 5 - 0

Whilst I have been to the States to watch NFL before, I have never seen the Packers at Lambeau Field.

Just got my tickets sorted for our trip there over Christmas and New Year, so can't wait!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Packers 5 - 0

Whilst I have been to the States to watch NFL before, I have never seen the Packers at Lambeau Field.

Just got my tickets sorted for our trip there over Christmas and New Year, so can't wait!

Nice one. Be a great day.

Been to see Philly last two seasons at the Linc. Don't think ill get over thus year. Just as well I guess. Shocking.

Paddy Finucane

WW2 Hero
Jul 26, 2004
Redhill
Went to the 49ers game at lambeau year before last - awesome!!

Make sure you do the Stadium tour if you can - try and book the last one of the day - that way the lights will be on and it looks fantastic!!

The club shop is massive and looks out over the payers car park - most have monster trucks or cars!!

Get there early and soak it all up - the tailgating is fantastic - watch out for the "Lambeaulance" in the car park - that is the way to party!!

Packers 5 - 0

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Never been to teh States, but certainly looking forward to my latest Wembley game. 10 days to go ......

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Only seen the 5 games shown on channel 4 so far and they have all been crackers, in fact the Packers game at Atlanta was the most one sided after the initial mishaps by the cheese. Rodgers is looking the buisness and to win a game like that in Atlanta with two big injuries makes them an interseting watch going into some big games.

Really looking forward to the Wembley game, first game since the first one that I am not up in club Wembley but have a more central ticket near the back downstairs. Chicargo are channel 4 game this week so look forward seeing how they look, Tampa are looking exciting and it could be a really competitive game.

The NFL were discussing whether to give Wembley two games next year, my wife said they are trying to bankrupt me, I say bring it on...

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I can't watch the games, so am restricted to highlights, and analysis from the US podcasts I listen to.

I am very busy at the moment and struggle to just catch up with the Ch 4 highlights I record on DVD everyweek. Can you recommend any of the American Football podcasts, as I can often listen when I am travelling. Cheers.

(Off topic but great news about Cav and Bernie going to Sky, will be interesting next year when they try to win Green and Yellow. Did you see next years route was put up online in error - 2012 Tour De France Route Revealed | Cyclingnews.com )

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I am very busy at the moment and struggle to just catch up with the Ch 4 highlights I record on DVD everyweek. Can you recommend any of the American Football podcasts, as I can often listen when I am travelling. Cheers.

(Off topic but great news about Cav and Bernie going to Sky, will be interesting next year when they try to win Green and Yellow. Did you see next years route was put up online in error - 2012 Tour De France Route Revealed | Cyclingnews.com )

I listen to the Football Today podcast on ESPN. It's very good.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

If I recall you are Skins fan, I recommend Skinscast and Harry Hog Football for all your Washington news. The first is journo based and the second a slightly more random fan based one, but both good listens. HTTR!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If I recall you are Skins fan, I recommend Skinscast and Harry Hog Football for all your Washington news. The first is journo based and the second a slightly more random fan based one, but both good listens. HTTR!

Cheers for this, no used to listen to the Skins games live online beacause they used Devo - whip it in the segmants that always entertained me. LA Rams for a while but they have long gone.

I like the idea of a condensed catch up I can hear while I am on the move, although not a Skin, I am loving the failure at Philly, money cannot always buy sucess and Vick aint my favorite man.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gritt, you should try to get over for a game. It's such a great event with the tailgating etc. Who's your team?

I certainly will do at some point. The kids are up for holidaying in America, so as soon as I can afford that, I'll be heading somewhere that has teh combination of: sunny, touristy, NFL, and one that doesn't sell out. Miami or Tampa would seem favouriotes then.

I'm a Cowboy fan, with a soft spot for the Browns.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I listen to the Football Today podcast on ESPN. It's very good.

Or if you want a fantasy slant on your NFL podcast, then take a listen to CBS Fantasy Football podcast. Excellent.

Rich Esien podcast is ok, he certainly gets some great people on, but it does go a bit too "showbiz" for my liking at times. I rarely listen to a whole podcast, but when he's interviewing players, ex-players it's excellent.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

LOL.

It was NOT a case of picking "Americas Team" or anything even connected to success, as it was 1985 and they were very much on a downward spiral. We all just chose teams for various spurious reasons. My brother chose Seattle, because of how similar "Seahawks" is to "Seagulls", whereas I chose the Cowboys simply because I'd seen Texas Stadium on telly before (the opening titles of "Dallas") and they had a player with our family name. Everson is not the most common name, so when I saw they had a corner back called Everson Walls, then that was good enough for me.

Once picked, you can't change your team, but I never had reason to anyway. As the years go by the 1-15 season just makes you want to see them rise again all the more. Useless piece of trivia for you, the opening game played at the legendary Texas Stadium was played on the day I was born!

'ow about d'em Cowboys!!

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
Been a bad few weeks for the Jets, I'm hopeful we can get to 3-3 on Monday with a win against the Dolphins. I'm off to NYC for the Bills game next month. To quote Bart Scott "can't wait"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles are 1-4 at the moment!!

disgraceful scenes!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here