Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL season 2012

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Some amazing games yesterday, I could not believe that Bills result. Still all about the Skins vs Cowgirls tomorrow morning what a way to start Palace day!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
My Bucs finally beat the dirty birds at home. 4 seasons think they said since we did and certainly remember them being our bogey team. A close finish so good game. Youngest team in the league, very few big names at all, 10 wins last season and I think we'll match that but again miss out on PO. NSC South is almost always the best division! Discuss :wink:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Latest news is that Vick is expected to miss 3-4 weeks. That'll really hurt teh Eagles ..... and a fair few Fantasy teams.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And Manning is done for the year!

Surely the Colts go out and sign up a better replacement than Collins now. They're 0-3 FFS, it's NOT working. Plus Collins left the game last night with "some signs of a concussion." David Garrard may not be up to much, but he's better than what they have right now.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Of course the Skins are the best, but it fun watching all the others scamble around for the afters. :unclesam:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are The Colts already writing off 2011 and planning a post Manning era with Andrew Luck?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i think pete carroll will pull out all the stops to bring andrew luck to seattle. shame for manning, but like i said a few pages ago i think we've probably seen him throw his last football.

very cheesed off with the bears. absolute tosh. they showed the game live over here and while i know we're missing two from our d-line it was just poor all over. a lot of sloppy mistakes and if mike martz keeps persisting with his ridiculous play calling (i know i've said this every week and i probably will still be saying the same damn thing in week 16) it's only going to stay the same.
it is far too easy for defenses to get to cutler, then once he's been hit a couple of times he starts panicking and rushing and ends up overthrowing and/or getting picked. the amount of balls i have seen cutler throw in the last two games that just fly to nowhere is embarrassing.

we have a lot of weak points in our team at the moment. thank god that the vikings are abysmal. packers lions 1-2 in the nfc north.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Great to see me top of our fantasy league, even though Romo had a bad points week he should get an extra 50 for the effort and composure he showed, saying that Rex was his usual Gross self!

And grit, what happened in the league? "Come on man"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I had a bad one this week. Cam Newton just bombed, Fred Davis did nowt, while Maclin and Chargers DST were pretty disappointing. All in all, not a good week, but it's a marathon not a sprint.

Jul 7, 2003
i think pete carroll will pull out all the stops to bring andrew luck to seattle. shame for manning, but like i said a few pages ago i think we've probably seen him throw his last football.

very cheesed off with the bears. absolute tosh. they showed the game live over here and while i know we're missing two from our d-line it was just poor all over. a lot of sloppy mistakes and if mike martz keeps persisting with his ridiculous play calling (i know i've said this every week and i probably will still be saying the same damn thing in week 16) it's only going to stay the same.
it is far too easy for defenses to get to cutler, then once he's been hit a couple of times he starts panicking and rushing and ends up overthrowing and/or getting picked. the amount of balls i have seen cutler throw in the last two games that just fly to nowhere is embarrassing.

we have a lot of weak points in our team at the moment. thank god that the vikings are abysmal. packers lions 1-2 in the nfc north.

Real shame that the 'fake' punt return was called back for holding as it was a great play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought you and me must both be the Rodgers fans.

With Romo, the rest of your team must be sh*t hot.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I thought you and me must both be the Rodgers fans.

With Romo, the rest of your team must be sh*t hot.

Last week Romo was 6th in points! Got to move him out for the week, not sure who to bring in with the packers playing the falcans, but also I feel that Vick has got to be due a big week and the Bills are due a big loss, so may look to put "dream team" man in!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Real shame that the 'fake' punt return was called back for holding as it was a great play.

right? but it's just about typical of our luck. was a brilliant play.

was reading matt berry's column today and this

Anyone who still thinks Mike Martz is an offensive genius. As Jeremy Lundblad of ESPN Stats & Information points out, when Jay Cutler throws more than 35 passes, Chicago is 2-12. When he throws 35 or fewer times, the Bears are 17-4.

needs to be glued on the front of mike martz's playbook and highlighted in a million different colours. cutler might have a bullet of an arm but until he has a solid o line in front of him and gets over his 'anxiety' or whatever it is that makes him act like a twerp we need to stop messing around with throwing the ball and putting it in forte's damn hands.

i am so frustrated with this. i watch the bears with a depressing o line and leeds who are just frustrating all around. cheery time for sports in my house.

some more serious news- i think last year i posted on the nfl thread about eric le grand the rutgers player who was paralysed from the neck down during a kick return? told he has a 2% chance to get feeling back - he is standing up and training his legs how to walk again. amazing. really, if you look up the hit on youtube and then read up about his story the fact he is standing now is nothing sort of amazing.

da bears are on tv on monday against the lions, we are already two games back on the lions and packers so a loss on monday and we're really chasing rainbows. i don't see anything other than a defeat but you always have hope. not sure our secondary can stand up to megatron.

Last edited:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Starting dilemma for me at QB. Jets offense had a shocker Sunday night vs the Ravens, but Roethlisberger is down as questionable to start against the Titans. Any ideas?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Starting dilemma for me at QB. Jets offense had a shocker Sunday night vs the Ravens, but Roethlisberger is down as questionable to start against the Titans. Any ideas?

I would go on the match-ups. Sanchez is facing a horrible looking defence who have also lost Jerod Mayo. Yes, Sanchez has some horrible days, but not generally against teh weaker pass rushes. When given time to pass, he has put up some very good games, and the Pats are showing no sign of getting a pass rush together. If you are still nervous, then keep an eye on whether Magold is fit to return to the Jets o-line. If he plays, that should be the final piece of convincing that Sanchez is teh better option.

Big Ben is a great QB, I really like him, but that o-line is just getting torn apart, and Ben is taking far too many hits. He's getting no support from his run game, understandably, considering mendenhall is coming off a 400+ touches season in 2010, and is running behind THAT o-line. Redman is decent cover, but is still not going to give Ben much rest bite from dropping back and taking teh pressure.

Meanwhile the Titans D has been under the radar a bit, but have put together some really good games this year. Plus, they will come at Ben hard and often, knowing that one more hit and he could be off the field again with that ankle injury.

Sanchez all teh way for me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Anyone who still thinks Mike Martz is an offensive genius.

I feel the same about Jason Garrett. Yes, Romo has rightly taken criticism for the pick 6s he threw, but why were we not run, run, RUN by that stage of teh game. We were so far ahead, even if we'd have gone 3 and out twice in a row with our iffy run game, then it still would have eaten the clock to such an extent that teh Lions would have been hard pressed to have the time to come back.

Shocking play calling for me. Cowboys have been far too quick to go away from teh run teh last 2-3 years, but I thought THAT was attrocious from Garrett. You get that far ahead, you run. Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here