NFL 2010 Season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Just checked my NFLUK fantasy results for last week and i scored 93, which was actually wasn't too bad compared to a remarkably low highest score in the country of 127. Can only assume that like me, EVERYONE was expecting more than 2 points from Antonio Gates and Malcolm Floyd vs the Rams! :lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
well, that was a bloody painful month following the bears.

we went to four games and our record is 1-3

the giants game was awful. o line was somewhere other than on the pitch. it was the worst offensive display i have ever seen. cutler was sacked nine times, fumbled, threw an interception and that was all before half time when he flaked out with concussion. then our second qb was nailed and we had to bring our third choice on. but the new meadowlands is an awesome stadium, great tailgating. shame the football spoiled it all for me.

we beat the panthers, purely by running the ball. it was proper bears football but the panthers were awful.

lost to seattle at soldier field - just never really got into the game, then lost to the skins this weekend - can't give the ball away that often and expect to win.

we had fun. but the bears were undefeated before we rolled up to watch and practically ruined the season for them.

ho hum. hopefully a better broncos team than the one that 'played' this past weekend turns up on sunday. don't think it'll be a good game though. shame it looks like alex smith is out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
well, that was a bloody painful month following the bears.

we went to four games and our record is 1-3

the giants game was awful. o line was somewhere other than on the pitch. it was the worst offensive display i have ever seen. cutler was sacked nine times, fumbled, threw an interception and that was all before half time when he flaked out with concussion. then our second qb was nailed and we had to bring our third choice on. but the new meadowlands is an awesome stadium, great tailgating. shame the football spoiled it all for me.

we beat the panthers, purely by running the ball. it was proper bears football but the panthers were awful.

lost to seattle at soldier field - just never really got into the game, then lost to the skins this weekend - can't give the ball away that often and expect to win.

we had fun. but the bears were undefeated before we rolled up to watch and practically ruined the season for them.

ho hum. hopefully a better broncos team than the one that 'played' this past weekend turns up on sunday. don't think it'll be a good game though. shame it looks like alex smith is out.

If it's any consolation Starry sunday's game was just as hard for Skins fans to listen too. What an utterly bizarre game that was.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Is it almost time for a NFL International Series Roll Call?

I will be at Wembley on Sunday - Block 138 of Club Wembley right over the tunnel!

Anyone else?

Jul 7, 2003

I gave up on my Broncos deciding that at 52-14 midway through the third quarter it was time for bed rather than suffer the rest of a humiliating defeat.

I think the game could end up a high scoring game as both sides are so poor on defence at the moment.

Is it almost time for a NFL International Series Roll Call?

I will be at Wembley on Sunday - Block 138 of Club Wembley right over the tunnel!

Anyone else?

Was right behing the posts last time around so I'm in Block 552 this year - wanted sideline but didn't want to be too low down so fairly near the front of the top tier this time.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
yep. will be there but couldn't tell you where. I'm not expecting a game of outstanding quality (unlike Saturday, of course!) but it will be the only live NFL game I get to see this year.

Jul 7, 2003
block 201 club wembley. half way line, by the royal box.

Did you get those when they first when on sale or as part of the US returns that went on sale? I tried Club Wembley when they first went on sale and couldn't get anything near the half way line. Most were down by the corners and not worth the money.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Don't understand your point. Have I missed something?

The Steelers had a contentious call by the officials last week when Big Ben fumbled on the goal line - they probably made the only call available to them as they couldnt see the ball but still there was controversy.

As soon as the words Steelers and Officials are named in the same sentence I am transported back to 2005 and the Superbowl - clearly Steelers fans don't see anything wrong with the officiating that day, but us Seahawks will never forget Ben coming nowhere near breaking the plane of the goalline, or us having a perfectly good TD ruled out (Among other ridiculous decisions).

It was five years ago, surely i should be over it by now? :tantrum:

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Changing the subject to College Football (as I'm wont to do) Saturday sees the forces of goodness in the form of my beloved Florida Gators take on the classless inbred pieces of shit (the Georgia Bulldogs). Can all NSC American Football fans give a nice "Go Gators" in the hope that good prevails over evil? Three defeats on the spin and the wheels coming off in general have us Floridians a bit nervous. Tell me it's going to be alright!!

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Currently sitting in my denver hotel room after coming over to watch the oakland game on Sunday. What an absolute shower that was. Had a wicked week to make up for it. Denver is a wicked place. The stadium went mental at the broncos on Sunday. They were not happy at all. Nor was I after paying such a large amount to watch that shit. Flying back tomorrow and will be at wembley in my new Moreno top. Let's hope we turn up this week

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Did you get those when they first when on sale or as part of the US returns that went on sale? I tried Club Wembley when they first went on sale and couldn't get anything near the half way line. Most were down by the corners and not worth the money.
no, courtesy of a friend at pepsi max.

couldn't get anything half way line ish when they went on sale, the tickets i bought the regular way are in block 502.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Changing the subject to College Football (as I'm wont to do) Saturday sees the forces of goodness in the form of my beloved Florida Gators take on the classless inbred pieces of shit (the Georgia Bulldogs). Can all NSC American Football fans give a nice "Go Gators" in the hope that good prevails over evil? Three defeats on the spin and the wheels coming off in general have us Floridians a bit nervous. Tell me it's going to be alright!!
you'll get a quiet go gators from me, can't stand georgia. it's on tv here tomorrow night so will staying up for that one. really hoped they'd put oregon @ usc on but no joy. oregon are immense this year.

mizzou are doing just fine, win on sunday and we're looking good for the big 12 championship game.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The Steelers had a contentious call by the officials last week when Big Ben fumbled on the goal line - they probably made the only call available to them as they couldnt see the ball but still there was controversy.

As soon as the words Steelers and Officials are named in the same sentence I am transported back to 2005 and the Superbowl - clearly Steelers fans don't see anything wrong with the officiating that day, but us Seahawks will never forget Ben coming nowhere near breaking the plane of the goalline, or us having a perfectly good TD ruled out (Among other ridiculous decisions).

It was five years ago, surely i should be over it by now? :tantrum:

Ta for the explanation. I haven't really followed NFL for the past 5 or so years just look for the results.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Currently sitting in my denver hotel room after coming over to watch the oakland game on Sunday. What an absolute shower that was. Had a wicked week to make up for it. Denver is a wicked place. The stadium went mental at the broncos on Sunday. They were not happy at all. Nor was I after paying such a large amount to watch that shit. Flying back tomorrow and will be at wembley in my new Moreno top. Let's hope we turn up this week
Have a safe trip back and I may see you on Sunday, if not I'll catch up with you Monday/Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports