Neymar OUT of the World Cup

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy to be wise after the event, but as has been pointed out on social media, a spinal board rather than a general purpose stretcher was what was required in this instance. One for the Lessons Learned?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nie ma!

(Only understandable if you speak Polish)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A real shame that after 90 minutes of football, 2 players who have lit up the tournament so far are out.

I'd like to see James win the golden boot on his individual performances, but Muller, Robben, van Persie and Messi still have time.

As for Brazil's challenges on James and Sanchez, what goes around comes around. Fernandinho should shoulder blame here.

With the only recognized defender (Thiago Silva) in the back 4 suspended, Germany should carve them open at will.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Listen we all know they will end up winning it,it's in Brazil FFS do you really think FIFA would allow anyone else to win it other than Brazil in their own country.
I think not.
That referee yesterday must be rolling about on his bed in his hotel room lighting Cuban cigars with $1000 dollar bills as we speak.

Bunch of ****ing corrupt *****.

See 2002 World Cup, how do you think South Korea got to the semis?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isnt that what people have been screaming for? ignoring divers and people that act like they have been shot?

Not that I'm aware of! There is a difference between someone who dives when not touched and someone who exacerbates an actual foul. And by foul, I don't mean just when someone touches you, I mean when the contact is enough to make you fall. If the refs think someone has simulated then they should be booked but they haven't done this because the organisers are more scared about refs ruining the spectacle of the tournament with players sent off or suspended than respecting the laws of the game.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I'm not entirely sure why people are just assuming Germany will win fairly comfortably, they have been quite poor the last few games

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not entirely sure why people are just assuming Germany will win fairly comfortably, they have been quite poor the last few games

What was wrong with yesterday's performance? It was a great demonstration of control, discipline and how to shut a game down once you have the lead. Very professional IMHO.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
refs cannot win
give out cards and people moan that football should be a contact sport
I think the ref did get the wrong blance yesterday
there was a foul on James in the first few minutes which deserved a yellow
and that may have made a difference or a 9 a side game
simular to letting de Jong get away with one early on in the final in South Africa
all in all the standard of refereeing is much higher than the premiership
it seems every match of the day has several embarrassing refereeing decisions
although Brazil have not been brilliant if they do win it will be the hard way
chile were the best of the second placers in the group
Colombia hadplayed the best football up to the quarters
and now Germany in the semis without there best player

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
What was wrong with yesterday's performance? It was a great demonstration of control, discipline and how to shut a game down once you have the lead. Very professional IMHO.

Not much wrong, as they won. However people are saying how poor Brazil have been, and imo I haven't seen much difference between the 2 sides. I thought France had better chances and more of the play yesterday. Germany's saving grace is Neuer, who i think is the best keeper in the world, and he makes his job look so effortless.

But imo, the German side hasn't played particularly well the last few games. Defensively, they have been shakey (not helped by having a lack of full-backs), and offensively they haven't really clicked

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not much wrong, as they won. However people are saying how poor Brazil have been, and imo I haven't seen much difference between the 2 sides. I thought France had better chances and more of the play yesterday. Germany's saving grace is Neuer, who i think is the best keeper in the world, and he makes his job look so effortless.

But imo, the German side hasn't played particularly well the last few games. Defensively, they have been shakey (not helped by having a lack of full-backs), and offensively they haven't really clicked

Fair enough. It's a game of opinions and I saw the victory over France as getting to the semis with minimum fuss.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Listen we all know they will end up winning it,it's in Brazil FFS do you really think FIFA would allow anyone else to win it other than Brazil in their own country.
I think not.
That referee yesterday must be rolling about on his bed in his hotel room lighting Cuban cigars with $1000 dollar bills as we speak.

:ffsparr:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think not.

So I guess FIFA wanted Costa Rica in the semi as well as Diaz should have been sent off twice?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

It reminded me of the classic German teams of my childhood/youth in the 80's and 90's. Efficient, clinical, well drilled, slightly dull, serial winners.

That said, when the French bothered to attack they created a number of dangerous looking opportunities.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It reminded me of the classic German teams of my childhood/youth in the 80's and 90's. Efficient, clinical, well drilled, slightly dull, serial winners.

That said, when the French bothered to attack they created a number of dangerous looking opportunities.

I dont understand the French, no Urgency.

Maybe they where just shattered

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont understand the French, no Urgency.

Maybe they where just shattered

They were chasing the game from early in 30 degree heat and 90% humidity. The Germans (sensibly) were calm, controlled and efficient especially in the second half whereas the French were not. You have to give some credit to the German's for France's lack of urgency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports