Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neymar OUT of the World Cup

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I do think some refs must be as thick as pig shit I really do.
There has no doubt been directives from FIFA sent down to the refs governing bodies to not spray cards out willy nilly but yesterday's game needed a few. The card he finally gave was when James tried to pull out of an incident. Bad referee.

Didn't see this post before I posted something along the same lines.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It was the same ref who failed to send off Godin for Uruguay against England.

As for Neymar, he does sometimes go down a bit easy but comes across as a good guy I think. Brazil will certainly struggle without him as the rest of their forward line is very workmanlike.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6433596 said:
Why don't you like him? He seems a pretty inoffensive chap to me and is such an explosive player to watch!

Because of his diving, he's one of the chief culprits and has been for a number of years. No denying his talent though, a very good player when on form.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't help but think the ref for last night was under pressure not to penalise the Brazilians, either from instructions from his superiors or from the intensity of the crowd or even a combination of both. Either way, it ruined Colombia's chances and I think they were the better team, both last night and in the preceding games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I feel less bad about Colombia going out.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Listen we all know they will end up winning it,it's in Brazil FFS do you really think FIFA would allow anyone else to win it other than Brazil in their own country.
I think not.
That referee yesterday must be rolling about on his bed in his hotel room lighting Cuban cigars with $1000 dollar bills as we speak.

Bunch of ****ing corrupt *****.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
And while I'm in rant mode that little ****er Naymer shouldn't have been on the pitch after 16 minutes in the first match and shouldn't have played in the next two group matches , cheating dirty little **** pig !

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Listen we all know they will end up winning it,it's in Brazil FFS do you really think FIFA would allow anyone else to win it other than Brazil in their own country.
I think not.
That referee yesterday must be rolling about on his bed in his hotel room lighting Cuban cigars with $1000 dollar bills as we speak.

It's always the same. FIFA and UEFA have their favourite teams and refs adjudicate accordingly - IMHO.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think not.

Or the ref was just useless?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Or the ref was just useless?
Useless yes. But as it has been said, Naymar should have been sent off in the first match before he scored. So it's more than just one ref being lenient. Brazil's world cup would have been very different if he'd been dealt with correctly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Useless yes. But as it has been said, Naymar should have been sent off in the first match before he scored. So it's more than just one ref being lenient. Brazil's world cup would have been very different if he'd been dealt with correctly.

Most the refs are being lenient, the Pogba fight in the Honduras game springs to mind - how many red cards have there been? even bookings? not many

Both sides kicked lumps out of each other last night and the ref just let it go.

its led to a better world cup

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most the refs are being lenient, the Pogba fight in the Honduras game springs to mind - how many red cards have there been? even bookings? not many

Both sides kicked lumps out of each other last night and the ref just let it go.

its led to a better world cup

Agree. Most people seem to be judging refs from they're own position based on English football. Not everyone refs the same.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree. Most people seem to be judging refs from they're own position based on English football. Not everyone refs the same.

I disagree. I don't think we look at it from an English perspective but probably more a European one as we see how refs operate in the champions and Europa leagues. I think it seems clear the refs have been instructed to keep the game going as much as possible and not award fouls, especially if the 'victim' makes a meal of it even though it was a genuine foul. I would be interested to see footage of other non world cup games that he has officiated at and see whether he was just as lenient!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Argentina v Brazil would be the dream final for the pundits ,but you would need a strong Ref for what could be 90 minutes of stop start fouling.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I disagree. I don't think we look at it from an English perspective but probably more a European one as we see how refs operate in the champions and Europa leagues. I think it seems clear the refs have been instructed to keep the game going as much as possible and not award fouls, especially if the 'victim' makes a meal of it even though it was a genuine foul. I would be interested to see footage of other non world cup games that he has officiated at and see whether he was just as lenient!

Isnt that what people have been screaming for? ignoring divers and people that act like they have been shot?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really disappointed to see Neymar injured. Not good for the competition. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with last nights quarter finals. Less drama and surprise than we've been used to recently!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here