Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season’s squad in Europe

Which loan players will make the cut next season?

• Total voters

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The lack of accuracy is the main issue. The information they have got wrong is the information you have shared, so a pretty low accuracy rate so far.

Their transfer valuations of players is so inaccurate and fanciful that even Fox News would blush.
Maybe so but I was only using it as a reference. Didn’t realise it would
Well, this is their list of Albion's youngest ever players:-

View attachment 160773

Maybe you can go and do some research on the history of that famous Albion player, Dean Elder.

:facepalm:
Academy players perhaps?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Joao Pedro doesn't class as a HGP. To qualify you must have played for an FA affiliated club for at least 3 years before turning 21.

Joao Pedro turned 21 in September 2022, and only joined Watford in January 2020.

https://theathletic.com/3370929/2022/06/21/premier-league-transfers-homegrown/
That article's not correct - as I said above you can qualify as a HGP if you complete 3 seasons of football in England (or Wales) by the end of the season in which you turn 21.

By this metric, John Peter is a HGP.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Maybe so but I was only using it as a reference. Didn’t realise it would

Academy players perhaps?
Dean Elder is a Scottish non-league footballer who has absolutely nothing to do with Brighton and Hove Albion. The error comes from the fact that his name has been entered incorrectly in an Albion line-up instead of Nathan Elder.

The info on Transfermarkt is entered by a bunch of fans and is only as (in)accurate as you might expect from such a source. A few years ago one of those individuals started asking me a bunch of questions via DM on twitter to correct some of the garbage info on Albion academy players on the site. I'm happy to be helpful up to a point, but not for some huge website and not when he started sending me questions on Christmas Day.

You are much better off seeking out those posters on here who know their stuff (you'll figure it out :thumbsup:).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I guess they categorised them as senior and academy players. Just like any club would. Not so strange
Then the word 'all' was inappropriate, would you not agree? Besides, all the 22 players out on loan are senior or academy players - what others would we loan out?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think Koslowski and Adingra will be the only two getting regular gametime next season. Alzate may have a place with his versatility. They'll probably swap with Ayari and Buonanotte, who probably need a season on loan.

Assuming only Mac leaves and with the addition of Joao Pedro and (seemingly done) Milner, we will still need another CM, GK, CB and RB at least if we are competing in Europe.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Dean Elder is a Scottish non-league footballer who has absolutely nothing to do with Brighton and Hove Albion. The error comes from the fact that his name has been entered incorrectly in an Albion line-up instead of Nathan Elder.

The info on Transfermarkt is entered by a bunch of fans and is only as (in)accurate as you might expect from such a source. A few years ago one of those individuals started asking me a bunch of questions via DM on twitter to correct some of the garbage info on Albion academy players on the site. I'm happy to be helpful up to a point, but not for some huge website and not when he started sending me questions on Christmas Day.

You are much better off seeking out those posters on here who know their stuff (you'll figure it out :thumbsup:).
Then the word 'all' was inappropriate, would you not agree? Besides, all the 22 players out on loan are senior or academy players - what others would we loan out?
I really don’t think any of this has any real importance even if transfermarkt is not an accurate source. The fact is that the poll was designed to see who will make the cut next year which the results have shown so what happens to Nathan or Dean Elder is of such little importance it baffles me why you have to prove the point!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Athletic have had a stab at this today . Doubt we'll be seeing Connolly/Zeqiri/Karbownik again and there's obviously a fair bit of new incoming and perhaps 1-2 u21s being bumped up - but its interesting to see an Albion squad with Lallana, Milner, Koslowski, Lamptey, Adingra, Pedro, Sarmiento, Alzate, Moder, Sima being options - even before the transfer window. I sense the phrase "like a new signing" will be used a lot in the summer !!

My hunch is that only Adingra out of the loanees is definitely nailed on for a first team squad next year. Maybe Koslowski , Alzate and Sima - depending on strength elsewhere.
And will any of these be on loans ? - Moran ? Buonanotte ? Ayari ? Lamptey ? Sanchez ?
And who are going to be the landmark sales (Caicedo , AliMac , Anyone else ? )
incoming - Defence looks thin... and then "replacements" for any landmark sales - presumably players in the pivot / CM and are there any long term teen wonder projects on the go ?

squad.png

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes I hesitated before posting but we’re odds on to finish 6th so it’s all hypothetical
6th? I think it's unlikely that we'll get more than one more point this season (against Saints) with all our injuries.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
can see sima coming back into the fold. seems like RDZ’s sort of player, tall, rangy, quite quick and a decent return in such an awful team. would also give us another option on the right, i don’t really see buonanotte as a right winger, and further CF cover, needed if undav is moved on

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
6th? I think it's unlikely that we'll get more than one more point this season (against Saints) with all our injuries.
With all our injuries we beat Chelsea, Man Utd, Bournemouth and thumped Wolves 6-0 but lost to Forest and Everton so i'm not predicting anything. (against Arsenal, Saints, a likely on the beach Man City and Newcastle and Villa on the last day)

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The Athletic have had a stab at this today . Doubt we'll be seeing Connolly/Zeqiri/Karbownik again and there's obviously a fair bit of new incoming and perhaps 1-2 u21s being bumped up - but its interesting to see an Albion squad with Lallana, Milner, Koslowski, Lamptey, Adingra, Pedro, Sarmiento, Alzate, Moder, Sima being options - even before the transfer window. I sense the phrase "like a new signing" will be used a lot in the summer !!

My hunch is that only Adingra out of the loanees is definitely nailed on for a first team squad next year. Maybe Koslowski , Alzate and Sima - depending on strength elsewhere.
And will any of these be on loans ? - Moran ? Buonanotte ? Ayari ? Lamptey ? Sanchez ?
incoming - Defence looks thin... and then "replacements" for any landmark sales - presumably players in the pivot / CM and are there any long term teen wonder projects on the go ?

View attachment 160791
Thanks for sharing and yes I did see this article. As I pointed out on the comments, whilst it’s good to see all players together it doesn’t factor in players who can cover multiple positions. A full depth chart is needed to see where the full cover is and what the hierarchy will look like.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

View attachment 160791
Read this earlier. It is a standard really poorly written article from Naylor and highlights why I wish we had a stronger writer covering us. Boring, badly written and absolutely nothing new or informative.

Plus he seems to have completed airbrushed Billy Gilmour from our midfield in his comments.

Last edited:

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
That is a standard really poorly written article from Naylor and highlights why I wish we had a stronger writer covering us. Boring, badly written and absolutely nothing new or informative.
I agree it is lacking but the Athletic is a bit hit and miss across the board. Very good for features but not for daily updates. Then again, sometimes there’s nothing to report so you end up with articles like this. I agree that Naylor has perhaps had his time and a younger journalist is needed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for sharing and yes I did see this article. As I pointed out on the comments, whilst it’s good to see all players together it doesn’t factor in players who can cover multiple positions. A full depth chart is needed to see where the full cover is and what the hierarchy will look like.
Agreed. Tough to do that visually perhaps - but of course Gross and March and others can pop up in lots of spots on that map. Part of the strengths of RDZ playing them there and their versatility.

TBH - its hard to see the full picture for a while . There's a massive amount of churn i guess (20 or so loanees coming back or going back out or being sold, u21s stepping up, joining the loan army or being released, the main 25 ins/outs). Will become clearer in July !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

View attachment 160791
Good article. Could have been wrtten by a number of posters on NSC though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here