Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season's kits: Predictions!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
This Porto concept kit even has the Royal Pavillion already built in!!

Capture.JPG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
God it would be nice wouldn't it?
View attachment 135698

I’d be delighted with this concept plus a return of the Inter kit where the blue had a touch of cyan.

Overall the details would need a little tweak IMO. Certainly would like the sponsor to be the same shade as the stripes and the Nike logo inside a stripe and to three be the white of the shirt. Or to be a tertiary colour and to involve that somehow. Ideally not red. Think yellow works but the side stripes on this seasons kit are crude.

Edit. I just remembered I made this in lockdown on the PesMaster Website bc I’m a sad *******.

483B6638-2153-4D19-85A7-D43B954F662B.png

Feb 23, 2013
** Warning, massive kit-geekery ahead **

So, every year I get down a bit of a photoshopping rabbit hole having a play to see what sort of kits we could get each season.

To get a decent prediction you need a few things:

- This season's "templates"
- What other Nike teams have got
- The club's strategy

First off, let's talk about templates.
Every kit we get is a template. There are degrees of customisation, but every kit will be taken from a base structure with interchangable collars, custom patterns, colours etc.

In recent years, we've got a "fully custom" home shirt, where we've got a break in the stripes, an underlying pattern, our own colours etc. But our away kit has been the same 15 quid shirt straight out of the catalogue with a crest and Amex logo slapped on it. Last year though, they made a bit of a change with us and some other teams by offering the catalogue jobby but in custom colours. I'd imagine that trend will continue this year.

The main template being used is the same one the England kit was based on, it's got those lightning bolts down the sides and looks like everyone is getting it but with slightly different collars/sleeves.

What's around now:
View attachment 135685

With that in mind...

Home Kit
Structure: We had a collar this year, they're divisive. We've have v-necks in the most recent seasons. So I think we'll go for the round collar above.
Design strategy: We've had all blue this season, so next year it will either be a traditional return to the stripes OR something really out there and bonkers.
Colours: I love the red numbers. But yellow is all over our branding at the stadium so maybe red will take a backseat for a while.. I know it's a bit . It'll either be just blue/white or blue/white/yellow.

So here's a couple guesses:
View attachment 135681

Away kit
Structure: Bog-standard teamwear kit out of the catalogue.
Design strategy: Assuming we'll keep our yellow as a third shirt, it won't be yellow. We've had black recently, red would be a possibility based on our historic away kits and a chance to contrast against the blue/white and yellow. But I think we might go for a colour we've used a fair bit in our digital marketing stuff. That nice, seafront-railing turquoise colour. I took one of the above kits and I would be pretty happy with that. Or a bit of that colour and a black version.

View attachment 135682
Park Derby III template

So that's it from me. Would love to see some better photoshops than mine based on what we could really get. What do you reckon?

I like all of these!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
More importantly, we should try and work out what ingredients the material will include?

Plastic, Coffee, Bamboo?

Good call, I suppose cotton is out of the question. . . . So whatever it is need to induce 3rd degree nipple chafing after walking ten feet to get anywhere near proper 70's grade nylon.

Hemp and Old fishing line maybe?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d be delighted with this concept plus a return of the Inter kit where the blue had a touch of cyan.

Overall the details would need a little tweak IMO. Certainly would like the sponsor to be the same shade as the stripes and the Nike logo inside a stripe and to three be the white of the shirt. Or to be a tertiary colour and to involve that somehow. Ideally not red. Think yellow works but the side stripes on this seasons kit are crude.

Edit. I just remembered I made this in lockdown on the PesMaster Website bc I’m a sad *******.

View attachment 135700

Away kit is nice, home kit is a touch too ‘Uddersfield for me.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Has anyone calculated the total numbers of seasons the team has spent in stripes versus all blue versus blue with white sleeves versus other variations?

I'd be genuinely interested to know. I'd be perfectly happy if we reverted to stripes but I like all blue (with pinstripes) and so I'm not dogmatically wedded to the stripes as many others seem to be.

After a quick glance at the Historical Football Kits site, it looks like 20 seasons without stripes since we became Brighton & Hove Albion in 1901..

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion.htm

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
My favourite ever away kit was the "Inter Milan" one in the mid-90's, and I would love to see a return.
I think Rochdale have a version of this this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here