Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next seasons football shirts

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Puma don't do bespoke kits, there's about 10 clubs in the football league all with the same style shirt as Watfords home one, I like having a unique kit and want it to stay that way, although no doubt Barber and his shills will tell me otherwise.

I'm all for bespoke kits too, but it isn't always such a winner, foe example this season's home shirt is utter crap, IMO.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm all for bespoke kits too, but it isn't always such a winner, foe example this season's home shirt is utter crap, IMO.

Yes but then our last outing was class. I wouldn't mind a design from a catalogue if we could just have one decent blue/white striped job but obviously they HAVE to change every 2 years so people carry on buying new ones and there's as much danger of us getting something completely shit out a catalogue as there is if we design, at least if we design it then it's OURS.

Once the bespoke kits are gone people will miss them a lot more than they do at the moment.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Both Nike & adidas will mean we get a cheap-looking catalogue kit that's available to every pub team in the country, minus the badges & sponsor logo.

I guess that's the way things go these days. Sigh.

Scarily it's also what the majority of NSC seem to want as long as it's got a swoosh on it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointingly it is Nike I was told by a senior employee of Nike that it was all but signed. The hold up was the final decision on the 'package' we are perchasing, it likely to be three stripes shirt.

Nike with 3 stripes?

Are you covering both bases?

Jimmy Grimble

Scarily it's also what the majority of NSC seem to want as long as it's got a swoosh on it.

I don't think so. Would make for an interesting poll.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Umbro have done some very classy kits, I would love it if it was them, but in this FFP age we probably just took whoever offered the most money.

I guess there will be a drop off of those who just don't want a template kit, and/or those who won't buy Nike products, but they are gambling on a good uptake from others who want the [Puma/Nike/Adidas] brand, and the extra money offered by the manufacturer. Personally I think they will sell fewer replicas if they Change to a template kit of Nike or Puma, especially when people realise the quality of the template stuff, and the fact it is the same as Nuneaton/Exeter/Stoke/A-n-other's kit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wouldn't say no to a puma kit, same for Adidas - their kits this season look pretty good.

No to Nike though - no imagination for any of their kits, especially the keeper shirts which are the same colours for every club - green and purple.

And so the keeper's shirts should be! I remember the days (not so long ago), when the goalkeeper wore a simple plain green shirt, with the same colour shorts and socks as the outfield players, or plain green shorts and socks to match his shirt. Simple and effective. I'd quite like to go back to that.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
And so the keeper's shirts should be! I remember the days (not so long ago), when the goalkeeper wore a simple plain green shirt, with the same colour shorts and socks as the outfield players, or plain green shorts and socks to match his shirt. Simple and effective. I'd quite like to go back to that.

I agree with the colours, but they all look the same !!

Look at Charlton and Barnsley - they pretty much have the exact same kits !!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I know 2/3 months ago the deal was apparently all but signed with Nike but I haven't heard anything since.

Shirt prices will increase if it's Nike.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Puma don't do bespoke kits, there's about 10 clubs in the football league all with the same style shirt as Watfords home one, I like having a unique kit and want it to stay that way, although no doubt Barber and his shills will tell me otherwise.

Indeed. Off the top of my head, Watford, Cardiff, Wolves, Crawley, Plymouth, Chesterfield, Leicester, Colchester all have the kit with the same collar design and broadly identical templates, depending on the nature of the shirt (plain/ stripes etc).

Likewise, plenty of League One & Two clubs have awful Nike template shirts. Including variations on that horrible Barcelona graduated kit. Look at Orient & their ugly red-fades-to-white effort.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here