Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season IF we are in the Premiership.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A year is a long time in football, one thing you can be sure of is that whatever transfer policy he opts for there will be a few calling for his head if we find ourselves in the bottom half of the Premier League this time next year.

"Doesn't play attacking enough football for the Premier League"

"Too many draws, not enough intent"

Hopefully, my ill-conceived prediction will only become half true

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Premier league/Premiership, either is correct. Google The Premiership and up comes the choice of Premiership league table or results referring to the teams in the top flight of English domestic football. So to those who are trying to be clever in what they have posted, you might need to think again.

Because Google are smart enough to have built a filter for the special kind of person to help them find what they are looking for, even if they have typed in the wrong search entry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm convinced we will be there. I hear too many supporters saying that Hughton should give those who get us there a chance to show if they can make it at the higher level. I totally disagree. I hope that Hughton and Co are strong enough to Wheel the axe where necessary. There should be no room for pleasantries. Onwards and upwards.

I think Hughton will do the right thing but don't want to be reinventing the wield.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
! didn't know the actual King James quote is:-

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall
Nor do I, but I assume it's 'a haughty spirit'.

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
I think you would do ok in the premiership from what I have seen of it, maybe a new face or two but I am sure that c h will have plans in place....from what I have seen the bottom six of the prem and top four of the championship are about the same standard but teams coming up have that momentum so have a real fighting chance of survival for the first year and can then build a team for the second.

With the money in the prem now any team getting up has a chance of becoming one of the top ten teams in the country with the right plan and manager in place, you have the added attraction of the south coast too so I am sure C H can attract the type of players that all fans dream of.....good luck (Boro fan)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
bad luck is this fred....slightly disrespectful to the current players too..as many of which are possible should be given the chance,chris will know who will make it.

i have cast a spell of goodness

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
bad luck is this fred....slightly disrespectful to the current players too..as many of which are possible should be given the chance,chris will know who will make it.

i have cast a spell of goodness
Not as disrespectful as singing 'Solly March' the moment Murphy, the then MotM, went down injured.

Poor form.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not as disrespectful as singing 'Solly March' the moment Murphy, the then MotM, went down injured.

Poor form.

Maybe,but more in respect for Solly,Jamie will understand..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Premier league/Premiership, either is correct. Google The Premiership and up comes the choice of Premiership league table or results referring to the teams in the top flight of English domestic football. So to those who are trying to be clever in what they have posted, you might need to think again.

Is that because the mistake is made so often it's embedded though ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm convinced we will be there. I hear too many supporters saying that Hughton should give those who get us there a chance to show if they can make it at the higher level. I totally disagree. I hope that Hughton and Co are strong enough to Wheel the axe where necessary. There should be no room for pleasantries. Onwards and upwards.

If we get promoted I think you'll see Hughton wielding and dealing in the summer months.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we get promoted I think you'll see Hughton wielding and dealing in the summer months.

Aside from Stockdale,Bong and Stephens we don't have too many out of contract witch :lol: bodes well for the summer.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stupid thread to post for two reasons. One being nothing is won in December as many others have said. Secondly, it is ridiculous to say we should wield the axe as it is disrespectful to players who are currently trying to get us promoted and, with a 25 man squad, you need a basis of at least 16/17 players to start with or you are buying 10 or more and that doesn't work.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Putting aside whether it is the Premier league or the Premiership, I have noticed that when one googles the Premiership, football is referred to and not RUGGER, I don't think that it is too early to post a thread of this nature in December. I choose to be happy, positive and optimistic unlike those who would appear to live rather sad and gloomy existences. If I'm wrong and come the end of the season we miss out again, I will appear on NSC wearing only my underpanties which will be of a rather fetching pink and mauve frilly design.
Is this thread disrespectful to our current players? I think not. Can anyone honestly say that every player in the squad expects to be given his chance on the basis that that player helped the club reach the Premier league/Premiership? I'm afraid that society has become far too soft and sentimental. On a happy and optimistic note, WE ARE GOING UP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here