Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Manager to go?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There's been a lot of vocal support for Malkay. I wonder if Tan will have the guts to fire and I wonder if the fans campaign will go the same way as the colour changing - we'll protest, we'll be seething, we'll be outraged, but we'll still be there to enjoy Premier League football.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There's been a lot of vocal support for Malkay. I wonder if Tan will have the guts to fire and I wonder if the fans campaign will go the same way as the colour changing - we'll protest, we'll be seething, we'll be outraged, but we'll still be there to enjoy Premier League football.

I'm not sure he gives a stuff about the fans. He knows very well they can't go off and support a Swansea or Newport County and probably views any sort of protest as a minor irritation. Looks to me like he just wants Mackay to go and then maybe install his 12 year old nephew as Manager ???

Seems to me he's more concerned about building a rep in the Far East where there's likely to be good money from TV and Merch

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So, Ian Moody their head of recruitment is sacked for spending £15Mill more than he should have - and then he turns up at Palace? That seems like a much better fit for him.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
my money is on Mackay jumping before he is pushed - his agent will say resigning as his position untenable after owners comments thereby claiming 'constructively dismissed' as undermined freeing him up to take any other job offered. West Brom clearly an option but Big Sam should watch out, the Hammers may well see Mackay as perfect fit!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The man who forced through a change in colours, sacked a respected player acquirer and replaced him with what is almost the teaboy? I doubt he'd give a flying tbh.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wishful thinking perhaps, but Billy Davies has got to be worth a shout at Forest.

They have a bloody good squad on paper, and started like a train (after finishing last season strongly, the last game notwithstanding) and had very high expectations for this season. For them to see Leicester and Derby close to the top will also make the supporters twitchy.

And of course, they have rich overseas owners, this time from Kuwait, who fired Sean O'Driscoll ruthlessly when they weren't even doing that badly. While Davies was their appointment, it wouldn't surprise me to see them bin him off if they're not top two within the next couple of months.

Hope so anyway. Obnoxious little man.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wishful thinking perhaps, but Billy Davies has got to be worth a shout at Forest.

They have a bloody good squad on paper, and started like a train (after finishing last season strongly, the last game notwithstanding) and had very high expectations for this season. For them to see Leicester and Derby close to the top will also make the supporters twitchy.

And of course, they have rich overseas owners, this time from Kuwait, who fired Sean O'Driscoll ruthlessly when they weren't even doing that badly. While Davies was their appointment, it wouldn't surprise me to see them bin him off if they're not top two within the next couple of months.

I want to see him suffer as much as possible, so lets leave him there for a few weeks more.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I want to see him suffer as much as possible, so lets leave him there for a few weeks more.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Fair point. It's quite handy when an underperforming manager remains in situ, and always disappointing when they sack him (see Holloway, Ian).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course it will.

But I would love it if a fan got to punch one of these foreign owner types in the FACE one day, I really would. And if it was a Cardiff fan giving this Tan bloke a slap, I'd definitely chuck something in the fighting fund for the bloke. Changing colours, changing club names, sacking managers every ten minutes - they can all f*ck off home.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That was my point. No-one is going to do anything about it are they, apart from some fluster outside the ground rejecting red or complaining about it on the internet.

Would Tan still be there if the fans decided not to turn up in their droves and created mass protests? Would it be worth his while to stick around?

As far as the outside world can see, he's done a great job putting Cardiff in the top flight for the first time in decades.

I guess it depends what one wants for their team.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That was my point. No-one is going to do anything about it are they, apart from some fluster outside the ground rejecting red or complaining about it on the internet.

Would Tan still be there if the fans decided not to turn up in their droves and created mass protests? Would it be worth his while to stick around?

As far as the outside world can see, he's done a great job putting Cardiff in the top flight for the first time in decades.

I guess it depends what one wants for their team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I agree 100%. the most obnoxious manager in football, I do not wish anybody harm but hope that he gets the sack and no other club seek his services.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like Danny Wilson is back in business at Barnsley http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25415464

Shame they couldn't have appointed him a couple of weeks ago, I love him to bits but we do have a good record against his teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No point in me giving an answer, by the time I hit "post" another manager will have been sacked.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yes, pretty sure it will. Remember the outcry at Southampton when Adkins was given the boot? I'm guessing most Saints fans are pretty happy with his replacement right now.

Fans are, in the most part, fickle. What REALLY matters to the majority is what happens on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here