Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Manager Betting

Just the mention of John Gregory's name worries me!

I'm surprised Ince is the favourite, he's still got a lot to prove in football management but could we really meet his demands?

Ince is the favourite as he is the preferred choice of the majority of the Brighton Director's. Whether he would come to BHA or if we could afford him is a different matter. (as stated by me at 7.30 am on Saturday morning). Haven't heard anything since.............

If we beat Northampton (who are in free fall) on Tuesday & Crewe on Saturday (we should really beat both) - heaven forbid White/Booker as managers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Ince is the favourite as he is the preferred choice of the majority of the Brighton Director's. Whether he would come to BHA or if we could afford him is a different matter. (as stated by me at 7.30 am on Saturday morning). Haven't heard anything since.............

If we beat Northampton (who are in free fall) on Tuesday & Crewe on Saturday (we should really beat both) - heaven forbid White/Booker as managers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If DK makes the same mistake again by making another internal appointment, he really would deserve to cop the flack - but I don't think he will somehow - even if we win on Tuesday.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
down-in-boondocks-billy-joe-royal-cd-cover-art.jpg

Drop 1 name from these 3 and you have our next manager. over to you

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

The club definitely contacted Ince this morning (not a great scoop, I know), but as I understand it terms and a reaccommodation package are the issues. Can't see it being concluded by tomorrow if we are going to get him. Cotterill is definitely the easy option here if the guv'nor doesn't want it, so I've stuck a tenner on both and the small stake on Stevens.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just put a tenner on Ince.

Could be bullshit but someone claiming to be Jim McNulty's dad told me Ince has already been approached. He was a scouser so his claim about being McNulty's dad might have at least been true!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If Dick Knight signs the deal with Ince, can he put a bet of £800,000 on Ince becoming manager before the announcement is made, and make lots of money in order to pay MA off?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Dick Knight signs the deal with Ince, can he put a bet of £800,000 on Ince becoming manager before the announcement is made, and make lots of money in order to pay MA off?
indirectly , of course , but the bookies might be a bit suspicious if all that cash suddenly flooded the market. :laugh:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ince now 2/1

This is almost certainly due to the prices being put up on here/the 'inside information' from Paxton Dazo.

VC have probably had 10 or 20 bets on Ince since the link to their site was posted and have lowered their prices accordingly.

Could be Bloom though couldn't it! (we've got managers to pay off after all)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No! The bookies are not that stupid!

I would be surprised in our market whether they would take a bet of more than £100 max.
This has been raised in another thread where an online bet was refused as the stake was too high.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Not possible I'm afraid to say. You may get bets like that on the next England manager but not Brighton. I wouldn't think the whole next Brighton manager market would be worth more than £10,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here