Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next leader of the Labour party

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So who's the best deputy pairing with Kier S?

I have a vote but don't know much about Labour, just whoever is best to hold these crooks in power to account...

Personally I’m thinking Murray. If you go Starmer I’d worry going with Rosena as it looks all too London. I also like Murray’s no nonsense approach to the question of the Union. Labour can not afford to brexit itself over Scotland. It’s going to need to win seats in Scotland in 5 years time end of.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not the thread of course, because we NS Chatters have enormous stamina in such matters, but is this leadership thing still going on? Surely this must have been dreamed up as a way to pay outgoing leaders a three month bonus as a leaving present!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yep saw that last night, very impressed with Kier Starmer pleased I had already voted for him.

Just watched that interview with Keir Starmer and I was very impressed. I thought he came across as sensible and level headed. I saw him recently when he was up against all the candidates and thought he came across as a little flustered but I think he has polished up his act and I think he handled Andrew Neil as well as anyone I have seen recently........certainly better than Bluster Boris who cannot handle the same sort of ' interrogation ' interviewer.:D

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You don’t know much about Labour ffs and you have a vote?

Unbelievable man, how old are you?

Over 18

Extreme centerists like myself feel we just need an opposition to hold these crooks to account. Look what Labours veer to the left has done to Britain, we're on the brink...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
As a non Labour voter and someone who opposes everything Corbyn stands for despite being about as manual worker as you can get, I'm shocked that he's still in power and hasn't gone yet.

I just don't understand the reason why he's still in power unless it's to ensure his replacement is going to follow in his footsteps which is a total disaster for the Labour Party and political landscape of the UK. We need an effective opposition to keep the party in power, in some sort of control.

Every time I can think of a party getting trounced, the leaders not lasted a day. Here's Corbyn still in power months later.

Doesn’t bode well IMHO. Both for his replacement and for the Labour Party's reputation for not getting rid immediately after that shit show of an election.

But what do I know. :shrug:

As a Labour member I’m actually very pleased you’re not.
Corbyn is in ‘power’ still because the democratic process of the party, says he should be.
There’s an election, for the leader. Once that Is decided, then he will step down.

What do you think should happen?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Personally I’m thinking Murray. If you go Starmer I’d worry going with Rosena as it looks all too London. I also like Murray’s no nonsense approach to the question of the Union. Labour can not afford to brexit itself over Scotland. It’s going to need to win seats in Scotland in 5 years time end of.
Yep, my vote went Starmer and Murray :smile:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just had my first email from Angela Rayner's team (had a few texts but nothing else),

Still haven't heard anything from Dawn Butler - very strange

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a Labour member I’m actually very pleased you’re not.
Corbyn is in ‘power’ still because the democratic process of the party, says he should be.
There’s an election, for the leader. Once that Is decided, then he will step down.

What do you think should happen?

Let's imagine Corbyn was PM and died in the job. The idea that the nation would have to be put on hold for 4 months while labour have a nudie mud wrestle with the process of internal democracy is rediculous. As that little bird in the Rose and Crown used to say to me, "faster, FFS, faster!".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not the thread of course, because we NS Chatters have enormous stamina in such matters, but is this leadership thing still going on? Surely this must have been dreamed up as a way to pay outgoing leaders a three month bonus as a leaving present!

As noted above.....

Michael Foot's manifesto was described as the longest suicide note in history. It is heartwarming that Corbyn's labour have found fit to channel that moment.

Hopefully Starmer will sweep away all this stupidity when he takes over. He'll have to do it carefully, or the thicky militant lefties might notice what he's up to. Fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here