Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Ruel Fox

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Telling that Keith Chegwin, Lulu, and Liz Costa are currently equal second in the poll!

I voted for Yvette Cooper, a most astute politician in my opinion. Her partner Ed should be very proud of her.

I didn't think Ed Miliband did too badly last night, certainly no worse than David Cameron.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Telling that Keith Chegwin, Lulu, and Liz Costa are currently equal second in the poll!

I voted for Yvette Cooper, a most astute politician in my opinion. Her partner Ed should be very proud of her.

I didn't think Ed Miliband did too badly last night, certainly no worse than David Cameron.

One man's meat and all that. With her faux-concerned crinkled forehead and earnest head-nodding she is one of three people who really really turn me off Labour. The other two are her smirking husband and the creepily sanctimonious Andy Burnham.

I didn't think Ed Milliband did too badly last night. He wasn't as smooth as the slippery PR man opposing him but that didn't matter - he came across gauche but sincere and most people could see that he was ill-served by the mistress of ceremonies. A little bit of a problem for me was that he was mainly sound bite twaddle. We can only guess what his brother thought of the subsequent Paxman roasting (even Jeremy expressed concern about his victim when it was over).

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
I think Ed Milliband has grown and improved as time goes on, and although I'm not really a Labour supporter I wouldn't have a problem with him.

But if Ed Balls ends up running our nation's economy, god help us. The bloke is a clueless ass.

What, like the Guardian you mean? It's reporting exit polls suggesting a 0-1 win by Cameron.

The 54-46 poll you mean? You know that's about a 20-point improvement for Miliband from all previous comparison polls between the two? If Labour get that anywhere near parity by polling day, the Tories are ****ed by about 100 seats :thumbsup:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The 54-46 poll you mean? You know that's about a 20-point improvement for Miliband from all previous comparison polls between the two? If Labour get that anywhere near parity by polling day, the Tories are ****ed by about 100 seats :thumbsup:

Apart from that was a snap poll about the debate not overall leadership ratings, a clear distinction must be made between the two.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have thought if Red Ed departed the scene it would be a either a two-way or three-way fight between Ed Balls, Chuka Umunna and / or David Miliband. However, if Ed Balls didn't wish to stand then his wife Yvette Cooper might do so, and I think the pair of them would have quite a bit of traction in the party.

If Labour loses the election then, ultimately, I think that would do for Balls / Cooper and Umunna will get the gig. Umunna with Andy Burnham as his Deputy looks a good combo on paper, especially if up against Boris Johnson.

Apart from that was a snap poll about the debate not overall leadership ratings, a clear distinction must be made between the two.

You can make all the clear distinction you like but you know full well your prejudices on their fitness for leadership will obviously have a massive effect on your judgement of their debate performances - that closing of the gap last night represented a massive victory for Miliband.

Christ this is not a controversial point, just read any political journalist this morning apart from the ones directly hoping to work in Tory Central Office :)

synavm

May 2, 2013
Ummuna and Burnham definitely sounds like a decent enough combo. I know the former has struggled of late, but generally he seems quite articulate, potentially quite statesman like, no idea where he would stand on policy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here