Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next five games might make or "break" the season

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
:eek:

NOBODY wants that :moo:

To be fair, you both NEED someone sitting between you to keep the peace.

It’s a thankless task, you both keep trying to get little digs in on the back of each other’s heads without me noticing.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have a sneaking suspicion that we're entering a down patch of form and that our league Europe aspirations will be snuffed out in this spell and will leave us only with the FA Cup as a chance.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I was hoping for a top six push but the last two games have shown how things can go wrong. Win a couple and we can all start to dream again. UTA.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a gap opening up between us and the teams ahead of us now. Games in hand, blah blah, blah and all that, but it's still a gap that's opened up after the last few matches and left us playing catch up.
:(

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I responded to @Arthur on the "we've been worked out" point on a thread earlier this week.

I simply don't believe that's the case. It's certainly true that teams now have better insight into De Zerbi Ball, and have adapted the way they play us to try and counter that. The way Fulham often sat off - not giving us the press we wanted - was an illustration of that.

But against Bournemouth, Palace and Fulham we created more than enough to win all three at a canter. If those sides had "worked us out" then we wouldn't have been carving them open repeatedly. It's not a sound tactic to give a side lots of chances and hope they fluff them repeatedly, particularly a side that has been so free-scoring.

So, yes, the goals have dried up a bit, but that's because we've returned to Potter-prolifigacy mode. We need to get back to converting some of the numerous chances we are creating.
I thought Stoke were better at countering de Zerbi ball than those three teams. Rarely tempted into the pressing trap. It’s a shame Lee Dixon had so little understanding of what was happening and continually criticized both us and them for the game of cat and mouse.
As to the next five games I have long since given up on judging what is winnable and not winnable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here