Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It pains me to say it but I can't help agreeing with him! :facepalm::facepalm:
She said something at the beginning of Russia's invasion (I can't remember what it was) but she was foreign secretary and my 1st reaction to what she said was 'STFU you stupid cow'! She may as well have put us on a Google map, nuke strike target! The rest of the west were, sort of, quietly doing their thing & she opened her gob & basically singled us out! :rolleyes:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
She said something at the beginning of Russia's invasion (I can't remember what it was) but she was foreign secretary and my 1st reaction to what she said was 'STFU you stupid cow'! She may as well have put us on a Google map, nuke strike target! The rest of the west were, sort of, quietly doing their thing & she opened her gob & basically singled us out! :rolleyes:
I believe that she encourage British nationals to go to the Ukraine and fight the Russians.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trus was to political leadership what Ali Dia was to premier league football.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So the Tories don't want our head of state to attend, but Sunak is too busy to attend COP27

Is he serious about climate change? I have my doubts...

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
So the Tories don't want our head of state to attend, but Sunak is too busy to attend COP27

Maybe the Conservative's Net Zero Scrutiny Group have got involved. Much like the ERG, a bunch of thick Tory MPs pretending to be intellectual and significant. Steve Baker is involved...

It also has strong links to a climate change denial group, Global Warming Policy Foundation.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I get the impression none of our politicians, except perhaps Caroline Lucas, really give a shit about the impending death of our planet. Unless it involves making them money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Storm in a teacup, but so predictable. Until India, China and the USA agree to actually do something about it does anyone with a brain think Sunak actually being there is going to have any more effect than just pissing in the wind?

Any stick will do, it’s pathetic, there are plenty of better sticks available

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Another totally normal statement from a totally normal Government here on Normal Island

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is worth a read.

She didn't get it when she was forced to resign, so it's reasonable to assume she still doesn't get it, now that she has been reinstated as Home Sec.

'Suella Braverman in denial over forced resignation, sources say'

I can't understand why Rishi claimed 'she had raised the breach' of the ministerial code when it is blatantly apparent that she didn't and tried to cover up what she had done. Unless he actually didn't know what he was talking about and is simply incompetent.

But I don't like leaping to conclusions, and of course there's the possibility he's simply lying again like when he got found guilt of breaking the Covid laws during Partygate :shrug:

But I'm sure there's another explanation ???

Although I can't help thinking that it wouldn't have happened under Cummings :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here