Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to a man with an estimated wealth double that of the actual King telling all us plebs that we're going to have to ensure some financial hardships because of the mess he and his party helped create.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know many parents on modest incomes sacrificing a lot for the education and future of their kids. Is that so wrong?

What IS it with some on LGC not wanting people to do well?

I don't know why you started this whole debate about his childhood and parents ?
I thought his Dad was in a chemist shop. Hardly landed gentry is it?

I thought you were more of a policy man :lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know many parents on modest incomes sacrificing a lot for the education and future of their kids. Is that so wrong?

What IS it with some on LGC not wanting people to do well?
Jealousy. It's always the same.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I just hope that poor old 'silver spoon' Rishi can afford to pay his winter heating bills. Should we have a whip round?
We'll need to raise quite a bit for him - he's got his new swimming pool in his northern garden to keep warm over the winter as well as his other 2-3 properties in the UK. I guess their Californian and other properties may not need so much heating though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and I’m sure I’ve read recently that the countries with the strongest growth in Europe are those with the best public services. If benefits are at a sensible level, if public sector employees are paid at such a level that they can afford both to eat and heat their homes, that money gets spent in the local economy, keeps shops going!
the countries with highest GDP growth tend to be the east europeans, starting from a lower base. unsure how you measure public services objectively, i dont believe Croatia, Greece, Hungry are the best. interesting outlier is Ireland with consistent highest growth, which has lowest corporate tax and as far as i've heard not great in the public services area.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on Gilts watch, 10y is back to not-a-budget level, 30y is below. compared to German and US bonds which have risen ~0.3 and 0.5% they are lower than trend.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whether folk have reservations about the Tory party or Sunak's ability to govern, I will be proud to see a person of colour going through the door at number 10 with barely a murmur of discord over his origins but plenty of discord over his political persuasions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whether folk have reservations about the Tory party or Sunak's ability to govern, I will be proud to see a person of colour going through the door at number 10 with barely a murmur of discord over his origins but plenty of discord over his political persuasions.
and his wealth

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Looking forward to a man with an estimated wealth double that of the actual King telling all us plebs that we're going to have to ensure some financial hardships because of the mess he and his party helped create.

The whole world is a complete mess.

Given the two main reasons for this are lockdown and Restrictions on Russia, which one do you not agree with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here