Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see Therese Coffey is getting the respect she deserves... :lolol:
If she gets a headache you can bet she'll have some spare antibiotics in her handbag to cure it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know Wallace is popular and was an ardent Remainer but I'm afraid not for me in the current climate
  • Generally voting against measures to prevent climate change - seven votes for, 12 votes against and 14 absence between 2008 and 2020
  • Generally voting against equal gay rights - two votes for, nine votes against and three absence between 2000 and 2019
  • Almost always voting for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits - 45 votes for, zero votes against and eight absences between 2010 and 2016
  • Consistently voting for university tuition fees - five votes for and zero votes against between 2010 and 2017
  • Almost always voting for stronger enforcement of immigration rules - eight votes for, zero votes against and one absence between 2015 and 2016
I'll stick with Mad Nad. We're already up shit creek without a paddle and that isn't going to change, but at least Mad Nad would be funny :lolol:
Being interviewed by Nicky Campbell at nine in the morning, still pissed from the night before, would make great radio. But there is a fair chance that we'd wake up the next day and find she'd flogged Network Rail to the Glazers, and the NHS to Prince Maktoum Al Killja of Quatr (with a special dispensation for the Vatican to oversee Obs and Gyny). So I'm out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Being interviewed by Nicky Campbell at nine in the morning, still pissed from the night before, would make great radio. But there is a fair chance that we'd wake up the next day and find she'd flogged Network Rail to the Glazers, and the NHS to Prince Maktoum Al Killja of Quatr (with a special dispensation for the Vatican to oversee Obs and Gyny). So I'm out.
But, unlike the rest of the remains of Johnson's cabal who would likely do the exact same but via a few mates and backhanders, at least she could honestly claim she was totally pissed at the time, and that's what everyone wants in politics, honesty :wink:

Mad Nad - You know it makes sense (y)

(Well there's f*** all else we can do for the next two years other than find our laughs where we can)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I know Wallace is popular and was an ardent Remainer but I'm afraid not for me in the current climate
  • Generally voting against measures to prevent climate change - seven votes for, 12 votes against and 14 absence between 2008 and 2020
  • Generally voting against equal gay rights - two votes for, nine votes against and three absence between 2000 and 2019
  • Almost always voting for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits - 45 votes for, zero votes against and eight absences between 2010 and 2016
  • Consistently voting for university tuition fees - five votes for and zero votes against between 2010 and 2017
  • Almost always voting for stronger enforcement of immigration rules - eight votes for, zero votes against and one absence between 2015 and 2016
I'll stick with Mad Nad. We're already up shit creek without a paddle and that isn't going to change, but at least Mad Nad would be funny :lolol:
Some good research there 👍

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It will be Rishi won't it. He came second and the person who came first has given up !
Either him or Mourdant. Don’t see it being anyone else TBH.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've just watched someone on TV news saying 'we need someone experienced like Rishi'.

7 years as an MP, 2 years in cabinet, I can see my Mad Nad for PM campaign gaining momentum (y)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I gained a bit of respect for Sunak during the previous leadership campaign in that he didn’t take the route of campaigning purely on populist fiscal policies - ie low tax - and accurately predicted what would happen with Truss’s disaster.

I could just about tolerate him for another 2 years and he probably wouldn’t completely f*** up the country. Thankfully he appears to be odds-on favourite.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some good research there 👍
He's the very definition of a 'left wing' cabinet member since the Johnson cabal took over :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
BBB, (Bring Back Boris).

Would see the end of the Tories as a political force for the next ten years.
I can see I have serious competition for my 'Mad Nad for PM' campaign. That BBB slogan is an absolute cracker and will undoubtedly get a good response from the Conservative membership (and British electorate, if he gets that far), may the best person win :wink:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Whoever can lose a GE fastest hopefully! The time for Labour is now, the Tories are electorally spent, the UK needs a change of direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here