Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No mention of Ian Burchnall who seems to follow Potter where he goes? Not a compelling candidate but seems more likely than many on that bookie list.

And no mention of Wiegman or Hayes, they may be rank outsiders but more likely than Curbishley and bleeding Nigel Adkins

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Thomas Frank is a wonderful fit for Brighton and him.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm honestly baffled by why so many of you have a hard on for Kjetil Knutsen. He has no experience in managing at a higher level than the Danish Superleague, admittedly had a great result against Roma last year, but every so often an anomaly like that will happen. Can't we just go out and get a manager that has a proven background in higher level domestic/european football? Someone who's managed in a league that is equivalent to ours? Just for once, can we do something normal, instead of moneyballing every last little thing? It's tiring.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Has lallana as player manager already been mentioned on here? I've had that from 2 x non bhafc friends..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That list Naylor posted dear oh dear. Potter was a Dan Ashworth appointment we really don’t want to end up with a Sami Hypia Bloom pick.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm honestly baffled by why so many of you have a hard on for Kjetil Knutsen. He has no experience in managing at a higher level than the Danish Superleague, admittedly had a great result against Roma last year, but every so often an anomaly like that will happen. Can't we just go out and get a manager that has a proven background in higher level domestic/european football? Someone who's managed in a league that is equivalent to ours? Just for once, can we do something normal, instead of moneyballing every last little thing? It's tiring.
Might just as well get Ole G in at least he has some PL experience.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are now in a position where we don't have to take 'Punts' on unproven managers.

Top class managers will be gagging for the job and making there interest aware.

Im looking for a proven, top flight manager with something left to prove, if not from England from Spain, Italy, Germany, someone with European Experience and contacts.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
We really have a short list of uninspiring or unlikely candidates don't we?

Going through the list on oddschecker...

Knutsen, looks good on paper, massive risk being a big step up.
Steve Cooper, limited Prem experience but could be a good fit, is he willing to leave Forest?
Bruno - only just left Brighton yesterday to join Chelsea.
Postecoglou, no Prem experience but has Champions League experience and managing a top club, despite being in Scotland, would be a good choice in my eyes but again, is he willing to leave Celtic.
Brendan Rodgers, a good manager who has had a bit of a torrid summer with Leicester, if he was a free agent he would be favourite and probably a good choice.
Nathan Jones, flopped when left Luton for Stoke, no thanks
Dyche, no thanks
Porch - wages? Are we a big enough club for him?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Bo Svensson. Resuscitated Mainz season three seasons ago, finished 8th last year which looks well above par, currently 5th.

You'd think Gallardo has to make the move to Europe at some point.

I think Svensson is a great shout, and is someone the club will definitely have their eye on.

Mainz are great pressing team, very good defensively too.

Would he come though?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Crofts is interim manager with Lallana as assistant. The media have just picked up on the Lallana bit because hes a bigger name, but Crofts will take charge.

the media...!! them ****ers are gonna make our lives hell for the next 3 weeks , they are gonna dine out on the passing of HM to gargantuan proportions.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That list Naylor posted dear oh dear. Potter was a Dan Ashworth appointment we really don’t want to end up with a Sami Hypia Bloom pick.

He wasn’t

He was a Bloom appointment that Ashworth agreed with.

Ashworth said it was Bloom who had been tracking Potters career and he was also aware of him and agreed with TB

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

Have you had a look at his tactical work, you'll understand why people think he'd be a good fit, he's very similar to Potter in many aspects. Have a look on the Knutsen thread.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm surprised there isn't much mention of Steve Cooper on here, he was pretty much the heir apparent in a situation like this should GP leave the club.

Done, and still doing a fine job at Forest, has a very similar footballing philosophy, is still young and on an upward trajectory.

He would very much be my favourite candidate should we be able to prise him away from the City Ground.

Chris36d

Banned
Sep 9, 2022
2 things interest me here. One, whilst we are prepared to let our manager talk to other clubs are we prepared to approach a manager already employed? Two, is there a need to rush this? The style approach of Potter must be well drilled into the players Adam L is a top professional with no doubt a good memory. Do we need to rush an appointment e.g. no sure I want him but say the club so Brendan Rogers as the best fit...why not wait and see he could be sacked after another loss and all his reports if commitment to City go out the window and no compensation to pay = even more money to strenthen playing squad. Put a bid in fir a Chelsea player now wouldnt that shake things up?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm surprised there isn't much mention of Steve Cooper on here, he was pretty much the heir apparent in a situation like this should GP leave the club.

Done, and still doing a fine job at Forest, has a very similar footballing philosophy, is still young and on an upward trajectory.

He would very much be my favourite candidate should we be able to prise him away from the City Ground.

He is far from aesthetically pleasing on the eye though, so no thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here