Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think any manager is going to come with an element of risk, whether it’s no experience in English football or does the style of play fit with the squad we have.

I guess Bloom and Barber have to take the view of the risk/reward scale and make their decision based on that.

I trust them both to make the right decision, just like I trust the players to adapt to the change and continue to move forward.

How Potter and his team have left have made us all feel negative currently, but this is a great football club with amazing people in it from top to bottom. THEY helped Potter become a success by giving him what he needed to improve the team and to perform and the same people will continue to do that for the new coach.

I don't think style of play will be an issue - we have a squad of intelligent, adaptable players.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Who was the last BHA manager (before Potter obv.) to be effectively headhunted away from the club?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Can I ask why not? He seems to be doing really well at Luton. Did well as interim at Brighton and has a good history with the club. Would seem like a good fit if he is deemed ready for the step up.

Other than not rating his coaching particularly highly, I still have a dislike for him following his playing against us in a Yeovil shirt and overdoing his celebrations. Man has no class.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Brendan Rogers is the bookies favourite at the moment

All boxes ticked but I don’t see it or want it

Yes he does tick all the boxes, does that make him a good fit, possibly. We would need to pay compensation to Leicester, which hopefully will put Bloom off. If he was a free agent I do think he would be high on our list.

I would like the Norwegian guy or the Celtic manager. No idea how realistic they are, and both still come with risks. Rather those than a Jones or Martin lower league manager.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bo Svensson. Resuscitated Mainz season three seasons ago, finished 8th last year which looks well above par, currently 5th.

You'd think Gallardo has to make the move to Europe at some point.

Last edited:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Looking at the odds. There’s no clear front runner atm.

That’s because we play our cards close to our chest. We also don’t go for obvious choices…

Still hoping we at least talk to Roberto De Zerbi. He ticks all the boxes and is available having left Shaktar recently.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not, Kjetil Knutsen is - https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/brighton/next-permanent-manager

The book is wide open though - no-one has a clue where we might be going.

Knowing the club's philosophy as we do, I think most of us could rule out a fair few of the names on that list and I personally don't think Rodgers has the kind of profile that Tony Bloom will be looking for.

That list looks like it was done by randomly picking a number of current, wanabee and ex managers names out of a hat :lolol:

I could strike quite a few off as ridiculous knowing how Bloom works

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here