Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Interesting to see Pat Nevin say that Chelsea should look at Hayes. I really would be surprised if she's not on Bloom/Barber's shortlist if Potter goes.

She could come here and be part of the (multi-trillion pound) compensation package.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There can't have been any time in history when our job is more appealing than now. Great club structure, brilliant facilities, quality players and good recruitment team, and a few points on the board already which means that a poor run wouldn't be a disaster.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
She could come here and be part of the (multi-trillion pound) compensation package.

Yep, Hayes would certainly be near the top of my list. I'm impressed with her every time I hear her speak and she has a fantastic record at Chelsea

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So question then

Instead of who do you want, who do you think is most likely?

Imagine you were the bookie setting odds where would see the probability. Might it go something like for "next permanent Brighton manager" ? .....

Bruno 2/1
Knutsen 4/1
Hayes 4/1
Martin 6/1
Jones 10/1
Lallana 10/1
Martinez 10/1
Rogers 12/1
Poch 33/1

For the avoidance of doubt I'm definitely not offering those odds. I literally have no idea what the likelihoods are, so try hard not to mock my stupidity. That's why I'm asking if you have any thoughts on it.

And feel free to post actual odds if there are any. I can't access that stuff at work

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Going to be radical here.
Lineker, Shearer and Sutton.
They know everything there is to know about football and always know what managers should have done.
Appoint these 3 and in 3 years we will have won PL, FA Cup and Champions league.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Why not Bruno? Pep was on the coaching staff at Barca when he got the gig.
Bruno for me,.. he knows this club and system inside out,.. I feel that the reason he is still here and not back in Spain, is that he is already earmarked as Potter's replacement.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bruno for me,.. he knows this club and system inside out,.. I feel that the reason he is still here and not back in Spain, is that he is already earmarked as Potter's replacement.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It seems like a good idea from a continuity perspective but there's a chance Potter will want to take his people with him. That means Bruno might get an offer at Chelsea or he'll have to manage without Billy, Bjorn and Kyle MacAuley. Far from ideal.

I wonder if we'd instead bring in someone external who also comes with a trusted team.

I would imagine one of the many things GP will be discussing with Chelsea is who he can bring with, how much autonomy they get and how much recruitment he's expected to do himself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Going to be radical here.
Lineker, Shearer and Sutton.
They know everything there is to know about football and always know what managers should have done.
Appoint these 3 and in 3 years we will have won PL, FA Cup and Champions league.

Well, at least we won't have people crying over them not bigging us up on MOTD...

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
kjell knutsen is a great shout from [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]. him aside, would be very interested in roberto de zerbi or franck haise. suggested marcelo gallardo or Ivan juric on another thread but they'd be very tough to prise away from their current clubs

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sep - Dec 2022: Caretaker Manager

January 2023: Graham Potter (following his sacking by Chelsea)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here