[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't really see how my join date is relevant to the point I made

Because you were referencing things that were happening before your join date. No one was on Potter's back in June 2022.

Is that good enough to satisfy you?

Satisfy me of what? You're talking about things that happened before you joined. It's literally the point of moderation that you challenge things that seem odd. If you're saying that after years of suffering poor UX and adverts you signed up because of your pub mates and a graphic then who am I to challenge that? Seems legit :rolleyes:

Sinister Melon

Jun 15, 2022
Because you were referencing things that were happening before your join date. No one was on Potter's back in June 2022.

Satisfy me of what? You're talking about things that happened before you joined. It's literally the point of moderation that you challenge things that seem odd. If you're saying that after years of suffering poor UX and adverts you signed up because of your pub mates and a graphic then who am I to challenge that? Seems legit :rolleyes:

Does someone claiming that potter has received a decent amount of criticism on here over the last few years sound odd? Please do tell me if I am wrong about that

You can try being as sarcastic as you like, but my response was literally trying to let you know why I am aware that potter has been criticised by a lot of posters on here. If you want to believe I'd never been on here before and just made a lucky guess despite that, be my guest.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not affraid to play the youngsters. For me its him, knutsen or Poch

With all due respect JJ, not in a million would Pocchetino consider managing a club the stature of BHA imho. He left all that behind with Southampton and I can't see him ever going back to it, regardless of how 'attractive' some might think we are.

Yoda

English & European
With all due respect JJ, not in a million would Pocchetino consider managing a club the stature of BHA imho. He left all that behind with Southampton and I can't see him ever going back to it, regardless of how 'attractive' some might think we are.

A lot of people said the same of Peter Taylor before he showed up not long after being England caretaker manager. Stranger things have happened.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A lot of people said the same of Peter Taylor before he showed up not long after being England caretaker manager. Stranger things have happened.

Hmm, and Poch 'I've got unfinished business at Spurs' would probably be with us for less time than Taylor was. No way would TB be suckered like that, even if the guy agreed to the BHA gig.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Did Peter Taylor have a realistic chance of becoming the manager of Real Madrid, Milan, Inter or a similar sized club?

Pochettino is not going to Brighton. Its not realistic.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Did Peter Taylor have a realistic chance of becoming the manager of Real Madrid, Milan, Inter or a similar sized club?

Pochettino is not going to Brighton. Its not realistic.

But we're keeping the Palace lurkers entertained with this kind of stuff.

:lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe not with Poch, but the Knutsen or Marcelo Gallardo both realistic.

Knutsen is very realistic.

Gallardo... doesn't speak English, have turned down plenty of offers through the years, currently managing one of the biggest clubs in the world... Don't see it happening.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
And if this happens, (and it's looking very possible), it means that as Knutsen is a fellow Scandinavian, we could be stuck with Swanny for bloody years! :ffsparr:

Hee hee.

Yep. It’s written in the stars.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If the "North Stand Kollective" changed their name to the "Kjetil Knutsen Kollective" it could get interesting.... ???

I once wrote a play where there was a political party naming themselves Krama, Knulla, Kamratskap (F*ck, Hug, Comradery) trying to get in charge of the abbreviation.

It will be on Broadway any day now

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There is something deeply sad about the fact we’ve just had our club ripped apart by vultures but the endless monotonous circle that football is means we have to potentially do this to some other poor club who could be at a similar stage of their progression.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some Twitter accounts saying that both Nathan Jones and Russell Martin have been granted permission to speak to us about the vacancy. Cooper also approached although permission not granted yet.
Crikey, that’s underwhelming.
Hopefully just reflecting that we are doing a full and thorough process and that there are other candidates. Luton and Swansea 6th and 7th bottom of the Championship at present.
I don’t drink but I could possibly start if any of those got the job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Time to look forward now imho, we’ve done plenty of (justified) soul searching and expressed our emotions. It was purely career/business to Potter, at least we learnt something and to hold a bit back for ourselves from now on.

I hope nsc over time learns to ignore Chelsea to the extent it would any other club. A running commentary on their likely wins and transfer business would be a bore. The Argus is stirring things up with Potter and Chelsea threads every minute step of the way.

The club statement gives me optimism.

100A5B8B-B871-4185-94B6-4D19661A473C.png

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm not sure personality wise if he's a good fit but Domenico Tedesco is available. Haven't seen anything mentioned but is young and has some pedigree

He was my pre-Potter target

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

I mentioned him earlier in the thread but haven't seen any links online whatsoever. You'd think he'd be on the long list at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here