Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton Manager?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Thankfully the Board don’t do knee jerk reactions and so Porter will remain
Too be fair though, too sack a manger who has managed to win once at home in a whole calendar year, would hardly be knee jerk!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes I’m optimistic.

Some of our performances have been alright,just missing the goals. Connolly and Maupay are out of form/short of confidence and had one of them converted a few of their chances we’d be in a better position. I’m hopeful (optimistic if you like) that they’ll come through this, or Zeqiri might step up or we might sign a striker in January.

Just need some of these chances we’re creating to fly in, we’re simply not converting at the moment.

Everyone’s at pretty low ebb, it’s easy to get dragged down by it all but I do see grounds for optimism.

:)

Admire your belief but the strikers aren’t just short of confidence. They also lack skill. This has been more than proved now. Even Connolly doesn’t get a pass because of his youth because his ability to even tap in is highly questionable. We are so bad in front of goal, we’ve proved not only do we miss penalties but chances from just a few inches out. Again. And again. All players should be getting 50% of training on shooting practice alone. Starting from a foot out. Maybe half a foot out. And then taking a foot back after proving they can score from such distances after 10 tries each. To make it easier, no keeper. Currently, they just need to prove they can score into an empty net from a cross 6” out, 12” out, and work backwards to the edge of the box. Each player. At least ten times before the next distance is tried. And repeat.Endlessly. Up to half the training session every day. Got to improve. We are appalling. For people being paid mega bucks to do exactly that, they’re like computer programmers on 50k a week who can’t press a keyboard currently. WTF?:shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Potter shouldn’t and won’t be sacked.

There is no one realistic who I would want ahead of him. Give Jurgen Klopp a strike force of Maupay, Connolly and Ali J and he’d be doing no better.

One day Potter will be correctly appreciated on here.

Last edited:

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
If the board do that we will be in the Championship next season. 100%.
Without fail, multiple posters say this exact thing any season that is anything less than a sustained promotion campaign, and yet we haven't been relegated since 2006.

I'm not saying that it can't happen, or even that it definitely won't, but perhaps we should have a little more faith in those behind the scenes.
No-one stands to lose more than Tony Bloom if this gamble fails.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Claudio Ranieri. Never mind avoiding relegation, he might even win the bloody thing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Paolo Di Canio.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
favre just got sacked by dortmund, could definitely do a job

Whilst I'm not anti-Potter it would be nice if he were to go, that our next manager was someone truly exciting like Favre or Jardim (or the absolutely unattainable dream of Sarri), or someone with potential like Viera.

Christ, give me Quique Sánchez Flores over a Howe or a Phil Neville (he made a big impression when he failed to get the job over Hughton)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Whilst I'm not anti-Potter it would be nice if he were to go, that our next manager was someone truly exciting like Favre or Jardim (or the absolutely unattainable dream of Sarri), or someone with potential like Viera.

Christ, give me Quique Sánchez Flores over a Howe or a Phil Neville (he made a big impression when he failed to get the job over Hughton)
Oh lordy.

Phil Neville.

*Please no, please no, please no*

Potter IN.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
"It'll come" is just blind optimism, because the evidence (one home win all frigging year) suggests otherwise...

Here's the thing: he's supposed to be the cheerleader. Potter comes across as thoughtful, but dour and uninspiring.

Really not convinced that he's a winner.

neither am I, and I don't think he is either. To be a winner you need a ruthless streak, he doesn't have one.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013

There is no one realistic who I would want ahead of him. Give Jurgen Klopp a strike force of Maupay, Connolly and Ali J and he’d be doing no better.

Not on BBC South Coast Radio though, Warren Aspinall was openly criticising his decision to put on Jahanbaksh (who he despises) and called repeatedly for Gross to be put on.

Potter looked somewhat more animated at pitch-side this time, but given the pressure he was under, that's no surprise. He has to integrate so many players from completely different backgrounds now, a bit different from a bunch of Swedes with the odd other Nordic thrown in.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

I must say I was the same up until yesterday but the doubts are starting to creep in. To not be able to create enough against 10 men who had only managed a point all season was worrying. He just didnt seem to have the answers and it was all too predictable.

However in the cold light of day I am willing to assess my position and will now stick with him a bit longer as he is working with some below quality players. He has shown some really positive stuff but just needs to up the tempo a bit as the players have shown in the past they are capable of that.

It struck me watching Man U yesterday how they dismantled the man to man marking of Leeds with pace and technical precision. We just wouldn't be able to do that but maybe given time and a bit more quality we could start to get closer to it under his stewardship

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Viera?! Just failed badly at Nice despite large investment. He has no clear tactical ideas at all.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Steven Gerrard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here