Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle's slow ticket sales / new penalties for handing on tickets

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
It’s an opinion, not a “take”. Maybe doesn’t apply now to us but we are discussing Newcastle and their issues.

When we win the prem next year then maybe you’ll be glad of my rules :)

Take being generally synonymous with an opinion, view or attitude...

I'll add that anyone found to not collect their ticket for any of the European aways without a very good reason should definitely be penalised. But I think it's a non starter for domestic games

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Haha, if serious this is an incredibly stupid take. Every away game so far has gone to Albion+ members - what's the issue? Who is missing out? Everyone is being given opportunities to build up points for the big ones

If no shows were a huge issue (they aren't), I could maybe begin to understand. But you don't get points if you don't scan your ticket, no one is gaming the system. No one should be held accountable for illness, work commitments, travel issues. The club have created a system where you cannot pass on away tickets, it's on them.
I agree no shows are not an issue all the while we are taking full allocations as we are this season.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
IMG_9982.jpeg

Without knowing how many people in each band it’s difficult to comment too much, but it appears the tickets sales for their trip to the San Siro are also quite slow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't feel it's surprising that tickets don't fly off the shelf when the lower loyalty points are eligible. Of course there will always be people who have become fans recently who want to get into the away game culture, but won't most people with low loyalty points have low loyalty points becuase they don't go to games frequently?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I went to a rugby league match Keighley v Barrow last week, and stood among a group of Barrow supporters - one of whom was wearing a Keighley shirt in tribute to Danny Jones who died on the pitch a few years ago - and we all had club colours and we all celebrated our own sides' tries. It's a desperate shame we can't do that any more at football.

Living near Bath I’ve been to a fair few (union) games at the Rec. It’s all incredibly civilised, with away fans pretty much sitting anywhere. And the atmosphere is, of course, very welcoming - which is great, if that’s what you want. Personally, one of the things I love about football is the tribal atmosphere. I definitely do NOT want a return to the thuggery of the 70s and 80s, but I also want partisan supporters, a slight under-current of animosity, and plenty of winding up the opposition fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here