Newcastle's post match reactions...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
We won, I was ecstatic. Amazing atmosphere and effort from the lads.

But

IMHO a draw would of been fair and if one team deserved it, I would of said NUFC.

Alot of people on here have B&HAFC tinted glasses on?

At the end of the day it was a top ten prem side with international players all over the pitch. We played how we should of, rode our luck and if paid off.

One amazing day.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think you'll find you "got done by a" CITY "full of gays" actually:ffsparr:

Is it odd that this actually annoys me? I mean it's hard to argue with the fact that we have a relatively high number of homosexuals living in the city, and whilst I think that some of the homophobic chants are completely idiotic, they don't really bother me. But we're a city dammit, not a town! It's been 12 years now, get it right!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Did they sing a single song yesterday? Didn't hear shit!

Abandonned our 1901 perch to friends for this game. Ended up at the foot of Northstand. Heard you start a few sing songs! Wondered whether it was the position, but never heard a sound from NUFC. Numbers to noise - Worst away fans this season?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought we held our own in the first half and edged the second. We looked organised and confident ... they looked strong, but sluggish. Certainly no gulf evident on the day, though obviously NUFC are the better team in the wider scheme of things.

Disappointed with their lack of vocal contribution and sorry if some of their supporters don't have the class to give Brighton a bit of credit for beating them. As ever I'm sure that Twitter and the internet generally exaggerates the reaction of most supporters.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Vikings

..................not

Are they a different race ... yep!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"Brighton hardly had the ball all game."

You really wonder, don't you...?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looking at other forums makes me realise what a gem we have in NSC.

Completely agree on two counts :

1. The moderation on there is crap

2. It's bloody awful to read with that format !

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
To be fair they did have way more chances. BUT we played our way, we used our brains and got what we deserved. Great tactics from Gus (as usual) and a little bit of luck, that's what the cup is about.

Roll on Liverpool.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Most comments are probably on the basis of having watched the ITV highlights

It seems even the pundits went down that route after the highlights, missed out a few of our half chances and macka's 2 nd half left footer in favour of making Alan look hard done by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports