Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle vs Sheffield Wednesday

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Trying to be realistic the top two will include Newcastle so I would like Newcastle to win against the chasing pack with the exception of losing to us at home.

Where's the ambition in that!

Massive are ELEVEN points behind us at the moment.

We are ONE point behind Newcastle.

I'm not usually the ambitious type, but in football, if you're not going to dare to dream then what's the point :shrug:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Definitely a Newcastle win. I'll be happy if we come a poor second 20+ points behind them at the end of the season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Wednesday win please.

Too many people on here thinking small time, we're battling Newcastle for the title, the fans need to grow some bollocks and aim for the title. I bet this group of players won't be rolling over to accept 2nd.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Where's the ambition in that!

Massive are ELEVEN points behind us at the moment.

We are ONE point behind Newcastle.

I'm not usually the ambitious type, but in football, if you're not going to dare to dream then what's the point :shrug:

The ambition is to get promoted first or second I don't care so keep the gap on the chasing pack. I hope the chasing pack all lose to Newcastle. Destiny lies in our own hands but Newcastle can help us achieve our goal.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can see benefits whatever the score. That's assuming we win, of course.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The aim is promotion,the chasing pack and Newcastle can all get out of the way!!!!!!..........after last season i would not put it past us to win the league regardless of what Newcastle do............now back to the sherry

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Seeing as Newcastle will almost certainly win this, I'm not wasting time hoping for a draw. Rather, I'm hoping for us to stretch our lead over one of the most dangerous riders in the peloton by another 3 points.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's win win for us I reckon. Massive win and it dents Newcastle again and gives us the chance to go top. Draw, both drop two points and we can still go top. Newcastle win and we have the chance to open up a 14 point gap on Wednesday :lolol:.

Provided we win it really doesn't matter that much about this result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Top six teams drawing with each other except when they play us would be perfect imo

A draw as both teams lose 2 points.
You would have thought some on here were trying to understand quantum mechanics.
This really isn't that difficult.

'They' draw - the Albion win, is the best result. end of discussion.

No subatomic particles were harmed in the writing of this post.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If we don't at least hope that Newcastle will drop points in these kind of games, then we are accepting they will run away with it.

Too many still thinking they are some kind of JUGGERNAUT in this league, we play them in 5 or so games from now and I genuinely think we can turn them over.

I'll take a 0-0 draw with a sending off a piece, 4 points dropped in total.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's win win for us I reckon. Massive win and it dents Newcastle again and gives us the chance to go top. Draw, both drop two points and we can still go top. Newcastle win and we have the chance to open up a 14 point gap on Wednesday :lolol:.

Provided we win it really doesn't matter that much about this result.

Thinks that's covered it all,it is win win...

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
This with Christmas bauballs on :xmas:. I`ll only be concerned with the title come the end of the season if an automatic place is secured. Until then its keeping the gap between us and the chasing pack that`s the priority. Let Newcastle take points off them by all means.

You just reminded me my 7 year old cracked me up when she wrote bauble as "ballball"
:lolol:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Got to be a draw.

Gives us the chance to go top, and then stay top for the start of the new year. Would be a massive boost and put Newcastle under some pressure, especially with Shelvey being banned and their African players going away to play in the cup. Yes, they have strength in depth, but them not playing might just be enough for us.

As long as we win our game, Sheffield Wednesday 😆 gaining 1 extra point shouldn't really bother us considering how many points we are ahead of them at the moment.

I think we could win the title, but obviously we are not favourites. It would be great to have another trophy in the cabinet though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lovely dropped points.

Every result in this match is great for us in some way.

:albion2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Got to be a draw.

Gives us the chance to go top, and then stay top for the start of the new year. Would be a massive boost and put Newcastle under some pressure, especially with Shelvey being banned and their African players going away to play in the cup. Yes, they have strength in depth, but them not playing might just be enough for us.

As long as we win our game, Sheffield Wednesday 😆 gaining 1 extra point shouldn't really bother us considering how many points we are ahead of them at the moment.

I think we could win the title, but obviously we are not favourites. It would be great to have another trophy in the cabinet though.

This. The psychological boost of going into the new year top of the table and, potentially with 54 pts, cannot be understated. Newcastle think they have this in the bag yet we are on their coat tails and could be ahead at the start of the year. Dropping points at home again for them would put more pressure on them which should be good for us.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
8-0 to Newcastle will suit me fine. I just don't like those twats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here