[Football] Newcastle v Chelsea thoughts?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Its tough one.

Stealing (well, paying like £90m) staff and a left-back is a hideous crime, but you could say similar things about beheading journalists, bringing in millions of poor Asians and Africans and keeping them essentially as slaves, torturing gay people, stoning women, increased amount of death penalties for people committing crimes such as supporting human rights etc is arguably up there on the same level, but obviously that take might be biased by my perception of GP as a decent man.
No they are not and that’s a ridiculous thing to say and a false equivalence- even if it is just to back up a straw argument.

Chelsea’s own sportswashing in the Abramovich years work for you then? Or a bromance with Potter numbs the pain?

It’s complicated and not straightforward which is why I concluded in the op that 0-0 would be the most desirable result if you dont like either club!

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They won’t finish above us if Potter loses the dressing room, with the current prima donnas he has inherited, and Boehly sticks with him for a complete squad rebuild in the summer :smile:

0-0 very bad tempered draw with a couple of sendings off for me

Newcastle may not finish above us either, I’m not convinced they are that good :lolol:
Funnily enough I’m also on for a draw and a red card. Only a £5 tickle…

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle to win 5-0, and Potter to congratulate his team on their courage. State that they’ll learn from it and move on.
Chelsea fans go into meltdown and demand that Boelhy never approaches Brighton for any of our employees or players ever again.
Bitter? Never!
Not forgetting “we were playing a top team, it is what it is”

MisterEvely

Aug 27, 2019
They won’t finish above us if Potter loses the dressing room, with the current prima donnas he has inherited, and Boehly sticks with him for a complete squad rebuild in the summer :smile:

Newcastle may not finish above us either, I’m not convinced they are that good :lolol:
Howe's worked wonders but Newcastle are playing way above their heads, both backed by statistics (outperforming xG) and by the eye test (we all know Almiron isn't actually a world beater). Reckon they'll finish top half but out of Europe.

As for the rest of the thread, I think the answer is obvious - root against the club that is actively sportswashing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I disagree, l think Newcastle really are that good, and they are only going to get even better by the time another couple of transfer windows have been and gone.

Chelsea are having a lean time of it at the moment, and my best bet would be for a Newcastle victory today, perhaps by a single goal.

I fancy both teams to finish above us, but we could still squeeze into a European place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I disagree, l think Newcastle really are that good, and they are only going to get even better by the time another couple of transfer windows have been and gone.

Chelsea are having a lean time of it at the moment, and my best bet would be for a Newcastle victory today, perhaps by a single goal.

I fancy both teams to finish above us, but we could still squeeze into a European place.
Bin that small club mentality. :lolol: we played the beheaders of the park in a 0-0 draw

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Newcastle win for me. Want that losing streak at the money throwing pricks to go on and on into the break pls… With the Winstanley thing I’m even more annoyed tbh.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Potter needs a result here because that team is pure batshit. Funny how he's going through the exact routine that he did here. He really needs to work out his best team fast

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There’s no doubt Howe has put together a good team. It will be a rough clash!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think this hatred of Potter jumping ship is a bit childish. And yes, most managers will bring in their team of assistants as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think this hatred of Potter jumping ship is a bit childish. And yes, most managers will bring in their team of assistants as well.
I agree Potter should grow up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chelsea really don't like it up'em.

Tactical masterclass from Smug - that's why he's a genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports