Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle v Chelsea thoughts?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chelsea really don't like it up'em.

Tactical masterclass from Smug - that's why he's a genius.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chelsea kicking down the hill this half keep kicking it straight out.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I think Chelsea will probably finish higher than us but I did have initial hopes that we would finish above Newcastle,.. So if we had hopes of a European spot I suppose a Chelsea win would be best….. It doesn’t though sit right with me that.
Chelsea are distinctly average. We have every chance of finishing above them.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If you look at the reactions here a year ago, and then compare it with the answers in this thread... safe to say sportswashing works.
There's corruption/ murder/ dismemberment/hate/discrimination and then there's Potter being a twunt.

Which way do you look? Tricky

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Potter will get a tune out of this lot, but it’ll take much more than a January (Todd-fuelled) window. I bet GPott is standing there think my Brighton team would murder this lot.
Thought the same thing about Newcastle last year but turned out signing three-four quality players does take you places.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A lot comes down to what they will do in the January window I think
Yeah they could always buy Tross and Caicedo - that would help them 😏

Edit said with a large touch of irony in case that didn’t come across

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not watching it, but the stats look grim. 32 mins gone and just one shot a piece all game?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Watching Chelsea tonight is exactly the same as watching us in that winless run we had last season- lots of desperate defending, neat passes in midfield, lots of possession with no end product

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Only had it on for 10 minutes or so but it’s been all Toon so far. Chelsea looking very average.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Still it’s nice to see 2 English managers on the touch line. Maybe they will both get big clubs eventually

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Howe's worked wonders but Newcastle are playing way above their heads, both backed by statistics (outperforming xG) and by the eye test (we all know Almiron isn't actually a world beater). Reckon they'll finish top half but out of Europe.

As for the rest of the thread, I think the answer is obvious - root against the club that is actively sportswashing.
Chelsea are distinctly average. We have every chance of finishing above them.
I’m beginning to see that Silver but I’m still coming to terms with what is average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here