Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Pre-match Thread ****

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
They are building some momentum - and no-one can deny they have a very strong line-up of individuals, even if the team ethic doesn't always reflect this. They have the most star players in the championship, by a long way. Benitez is a proven campaigner.

It's a really, really tough test for us. The fact we have won 'against the odds' up there before is totally academic. All the personnel are different now.

I would be thrilled to see this 2-0 win for the Albion but in reality, I see a draw as an excellent result.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They are building some momentum - and no-one can deny they have a very strong line-up of individuals, even if the team ethic doesn't always reflect this. They have the most star players in the championship, by a long way. Benitez is a proven campaigner.

It's a really, really tough test for us. The fact we have won 'against the odds' up there before is totally academic. All the personnel are different now.

I would be thrilled to see this 2-0 win for the Albion but in reality, I see a draw as an excellent result.

I'm not sure of the side they will put out.

Newcastle.JPG

Not actually my tips for the automatics. I think Villa and Norwich are both stronger with more settled sides.

PS: I think our players are mostly better if we can get at near enough full team out. It should be an interesting game. For the neutrals I would say it is a better bet than Hull v Man United. If I travelled up days earlier, I think I would stay in Sunderland.

They started with four matches that I would expected an automatic promotion side to have won. The next few matches for Newcastle will be an interesting test as they do not look easy for them.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this was gonna be a tough game before this thread....unfortunately i believe our chance of tasting the bitter tang of defeat has be augmented by such foolish behaviour by the op.....oh dear , what a shame , nevva fookin maind laik.....!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gayle and Mitrovic ruled out apparently

Gayle has just got a headache. Mitrovic is not match fit. Pity about Mitrovic as I would like to see him vs Bruno. It might be good for entertainment!

Newcastle United can confirm that Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle will miss the Club’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday, after both players suffered concussions during the Magpies’ midweek EFL Cup game against Cheltenham Town.

The Club is adhering to the FA’s Concussion Guidelines, which stipulate a phased ‘return to play’ protocol over a period of at least six days before players resume competitive football.

Paul Catterson, Newcastle’s head of sports medicine and science, said: “The treatment and management of concussion in sport has received deserved attention in recent years.

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/08/off...ghton-newcastle-united/?#sthash.mulzzU3x.dpuf

PS: I think there is a risk of a second concussion before the first one is healed.

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/coach/concussion

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/coach/concussion/what-is-concussion

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Great news! There's NO WAY we can lose now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here