Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Undav has literally had no use for us, instead helping Newcastle, I don't care who comes on for him - he just needs to come off the pitch.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Pathetic half.

Utterly ludicrous challenge from Undav for that free kick. He’s been dreadful. Absolute waste of time playing him and Buonanotte, they’re totally out of their depth - as is JPVH.

Need changes now - Mac Allister, Ferguson and Enciso on for Gilmour, Undav and Buonanotte and swap Gross and Caicedo round. They totally dominated Gross and Gilmour in the middle.
Agree Undav and Buonanotte have let themselves down badly. Absolutely dire. Pathetic even. Just like Everton and they'e turned up and done the same. Undav is the most responsible for both goals. Buonanotte gives the ball away and all he's got on the evidence I've seen is turning inside. He needs to run down the wing sometimes. Technically good and lets hope RDZ can coach him like he did Julio.

Not sure I'd make any changes mind and save them for Sunday. It's worth 3 points like tonight. We tried this V Everton and led to March's injury.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We’re down to the bare bones squad wise.

But it’s clear that we won’t see Van Hecke (not a De Zerbi style player) Buonanotte (needs a loan or two) and Undav (can’t pass well enough) in the squad next year.

The killer blow is not having Veltman, Lamptey, Colwill and Webster. It’s killing us at the back.

We just need to keep the score down now.

I don't think we've been too bad at the back. Newcastle are pressing us very well and then our midfield and forwards can't keep the ball.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It's half time.

What they've done to us, we can do to them.

It's up to RDZ to identify the problem areas and address them. Let's see what he does.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Estupinian and mitoma giving them the freedom of our left. Caicedo and Benonotte giving them the freedom of our right and the middle has been atrocious. Steele the only player with any credit tonight so far
And Undav giving out free goal tokens isn't helping either.

Flex Your Head

Honestly, we have some brilliant players who are an utter joy to watch, but we're such a one-trick pony, ALWAYS playing out from the back. Some teams have sussed us out, and with this tired, depleted squad, we're going to lose as often as we win.

Having said that, I've gone 2-3 in the predictor game, so UTA!

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
A reminder tonight why I hate the match threads. Yes, we’ve been terrible tonight and yes it’s a very weak team considering our squad but still too many over reactions for my liking. We will have games like tonight, forest, Fulham a, Everton etc - just got to take it on the chin. For that reason, I’m out!
See ya!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And of those four one is leaving, one might leave and the other two are always injured.
Dunks going no where, but we need succesion
Veltman needs a good contract
Colwill needs signing
Estupinian needs retaining . .the rest . . .meh

we need reinforcements . . .less fragile

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Got to change it up

Undav, Buenanotte off

MacAllister and Ferguson on

Gross to RB
What exactly has Buenonotte done wrong? He’s hardly seen the ball. The whole teams passing is way off and we are being given a football lesson. No scapegoats for me, pretty well all of them are below par

Did I hear Colwill had just been dropped and is not injured, very bizarre if so.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Of course it is.
No need to protect them..he's making a point. He's a fiery guy.

I know he's probably seeing who can take their places, he can do that pre season.

At the moment it's like cutting your nose of to spite your face. Play the best players, in the best positions so we can get Europe.

It's not like we are mid table and have nothing to play for.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Our manager has picked the team. Being offensive to a player who is doing his best is out of order.
Out of order? It's a football fans board. Think you're being a bit precious. He is a t*** for sliding in like that when all we needed to do was see out the half. Own goal is disappointing and he didn't mean to but that foul is amateur and he's cost us imo.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Almiron has got the better of Estupinan. Which is rare as Purvis is usually absolute quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here