Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
While you're here, you don't feel like recommending a pub in the centre of Newcastle for a pint of decent beer do you?
I'm up here semi regularly but always seem to find myself in the pub opposite the station or Wetherspoon-type places.
Like NUFC1 says, it depends on what you're after. There's over 100 pubs in walking distance of the ground and if you're staying semi regular there are plenty of opportunities to find the right one for you.

Bridge Tavern is good for food and the terrace etc. The Forth is a personal favourite, decent selection of beers, good crowd, really close to the ground. Get out to the Ouseburn area and you'll find some good bars/pubs, Tyne Bar chief among them (great view of the quayside and bridges up the Tyne). The Wylam Brewery in Exhibition park is a big taproom in a Grade II listed building constructed to exhibit art back in the 1920s.

Tilleys is a bit less refined than the Forth, but it's got the sport on, and a good selection of beers too.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Initially I was surprised at your line up, but I guess it made sense to rest a few key players so that your most winnable remaining game, had the best available players.

Way more needle in the game than I was expecting, I guess with the stakes being so high for us the blood was up. Bruno and Joelinton certainly played the occasion and not the game. Mind you, your lad must have done something to make Almiron drop his perma-smile. Almiron, always looks like a kid that wants to set something alight.

Hope everyone that made it up had a good time regardless of the result, Thursday nights aren't great for an away day, especially when you have to travel the length of the country.

Congratulations on getting Europe, who'd have thought back in 2017, that we'd both be dusting off our Inter-Rail maps so soon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here