[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How many goals has he scored now !

Big clear out required in the summer others we won't progress with this squad. Fed up hearing that we have most possession, control game etc, etc. Who cares !!! Need ruthless goalscorers:ffsparr:

Agree. We need goalscorers.

We also need good midfielders which Alzate is rapidly becoming.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Never had you down for a champions league fan GB.

Without zillions surely you must realise, we are still punching above our weight and the first time we have had security.

Relegation zone to European football in one season without massive investment just isn't done.

So will we see you jumping on the AMEX turf tearing up your season ticket in front of TB and PB then?

Didn't Burnley do it?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We have quite a few outstandingly gifted players. Some of the skills shown by them this season has been breathtaking.

The manager isn't a bad manager by any means. He just isn't as good as our players.

Sadly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Instant trophies would be lovely, but unrealistic IMO, happy to wait rather than the boom and bust method personally.

Football fans have been wanting instant success since forever, and we’ve got a significant number who’ve been moaning about investing in the future rather than the now since Lancing was opened in 2014.

Forget about us making big marquee signings. We’ve spent about 50m on 5 players, aged between 18-23, since selling White for that sum in the summer. It’s clear what our MO is in terms of recruitment; it’s not great for impatient fans though.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Here we are in the PL well away from any danger of going down - a pipe dream not so long ago - yet it's so dull and frustrating to watch most of the time.

33 points isn’t ‘No danger of going down’
Last year was different, majority of years it isn’t enough

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well, NSC had us going to Europe after we'd beaten, er, Watford.

You can't tear up a designated mobile phone but if it wasn't for taking my son and the away game points I'd be giving up my ST and watching non league in all likelihood. A kind fellow NSCer did invite me to Lewes today and I would have gone had I not had to do boring family shizzle in the middle of the first half - went out for half and hour and we were two down when I came back in :down:

Erm some of NSC

Some of us dont get too carried away when its a good run or a bad run …experience has taught some of us that

Meanwhile i look forward to next Saturday and a good shout at the ref (it’ll probably be one K Friend)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We have quite a few outstandingly gifted players. Some of the skills shown by them this season has been breathtaking.

The manager isn't a bad manager by any means. He just isn't as good as our players.

Sadly.

Amazing how people see things. We have some decent technical players, but lack pace throughout the side (but especially up front) and are toothless in the final third. The players aren’t bad by any means, but the manager has the potential to be outstanding, and we won’t know until he’s has some better tools to work with.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm tempted too. I love the Albion and it's like a drug but I'm not sure I enjoy it any more. Most of my leave from work goes towards watching them, I spend a lot following them and frankly I can get another long holiday away for the time and money I would save. I suspected going up from the Championship may prove the pinnacle and I think it's proving to be the case which makes me sad. :( Hopefully it will pass and my Albion mojo comes back soon.

The highs at home games for me since August 2017 are few and far between.

My Albion nectar to date was 1976 to May 1979, then Jan 2015 to Easter 2017.

Why?

Because I'm old fashioned - I absolutely love seeing Albion goals and Albion home wins. Period.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Agree. We need goalscorers.

We also need good midfielders which Alzate is rapidly becoming.

I think we have enough good central midfielders. Biss, Lallana, Alzate, Mac, Moder all very good. Still not sure why we signed Mwepu though, especially with Caicedo coming through.

We must prioritise goal scorers though, as you say. 1 striker (not inc Undav) 1 or 2 wingers, and 1 or 2 CB’s needed in the summer.

You just know it’s all going to be be done with the players out on loan though. Khadra, Mitoma, Sima ect. We don’t want to spend the going rate on attacking talent.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

You don’t think we’ll pick up another point at all until this season?
We are safe but what’s frustrating is a season that promised much is going to peter out with a whimper. I can see us finishing 16 or 17, which seems to be our level sadly. The much vaunted mid table aim won’t be achieved this season.

boik

Dominated possession. Not goal scoring. And that's what counts. Absolutely nothing entertaining about constantly passing it sideways. And we were the worse team against Villa and absolute dogshit against Burnley.

Were those 15 shots at goal ALL sideways then? Understand peoples frustrations at losing but don't rewrite the whole season because of a few bad games. Geordies were desperately hanging on today - everyone could see that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

33 points on its own might be a bit squeaky bum for survival - although I’d not be surprised if it was enough given that 5 teams currently only have 23 or fewer. Failing to get a single point from our next 11 games would however be unprecedented. Even in Derby’s record breaking season they got something like 0.25 ppg.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Please don’t say that - he is truly appalling

Agreed LOL

..making sure he gets some autographs and a shirt after the game

6A1DB817-55DB-41B0-987C-64E59BB0A0EC.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Were those 15 shots at goal ALL sideways then? Understand peoples frustrations at losing but don't rewrite the whole season because of a few bad games. Geordies were desperately hanging on today - everyone could see that.

Wasting your time, he’s feeling so entitled he’s talking about binning his season ticket now, with some cock and bull story about not doing it because of his son, who I am amazed has any interest in following us given the indoctrination about how shit we are with Potter at the helm. The guy has been whinging about Potter ever since he arrived, with a few backhanded compliments when we were doing well. Now back to whinging as we are on a bad run.

The stats and any sensible person’s eyes will tell you that we were in that game until the whistle, even though we went two nil down within 14 mins. I despair about the entitlement of some of our fans

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The highs at home games for me since August 2017 are few and far between.

My Albion nectar to date was 1976 to May 1979, then Jan 2015 to Easter 2017.

Why?

Because I'm old fashioned - I absolutely love seeing Albion goals and Albion home wins. Period.

So quite long periods in between when it wasn’t ‘high’ ..despite not being in the PL

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wasting your time, he’s feeling so entitled he’s talking about binning his season ticket now, with some cock and bull story about not doing it because of his son, who I am amazed has any interest in following us given the indoctrination about how shit we are with Potter at the helm. The guy has been whinging about Potter ever since he arrived, with a few backhanded compliments when we were doing well. Now back to whinging.

The stats and any sensible person’s eyes will say say we were in that game until the whistle, even though we went two nil down within 14 mins. I despair about the entitlement of some of our fans

Ain’t that all just so ….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports