[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They haven't been doing that though, even with a back three. Cucurella has had a couple of subpar performances and Lamptey hasn't been the player he was before the injury.

In Lamptey's case, he's just been marked out of games. Still manages to produce a few crosses (usually our biggest goalscoring threat), but it is infuriating how often they get to good positions, stop, check back and pass sideways to a weaker position than they were in.

I want to see Lamptey try and go by his man every time, not one in ten. Cucurella doesn't have that option, but a little bit more positivity is welcome.

This is because we haven't been moving the ball quickly enough IMO. Too many ponderous build-ups where the opposition is comfortably set by the time it reaches Lamptey/Cuc. The transition through MF needs to be much swifter to take advantage of our wingbacks bombing forward into space. We need some greasy first-time balls down the flanks, rather than turning backwards looking for the simple pedestrian pass.

Newcastle are on a decent run of late, but we DO have the tools to unlock them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone able to connect to audio on MyAlbion? I've got Radio Sussex at moment but will cut out at match time as I'm not in the county.

Not working for me either - not sure how long before kick off it usually starts though. Fingers crossed!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The inclusion of Wellbeck suggests we will be trying to get Lamptey and Cucurella high up the pitch, Alzate is great at moving the ball with pace and purpose and Groß offers a set piece danger which with dunk and duffy in the side is needed.

Would be great if Trossard can shake off his recent performances and offer a threat.
Gross on set pieces? Maybe - but PERLEEEASE not on corners!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bissouma getting a kick up the arse? March being dropped I am happy with, Mac not so much

We’ll see, I have some trepidation about 50,000 excited Geordies and their confident team against a team that have been devoid of any confidence for two and a half games

In Potter I trust though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bissouma getting a kick up the arse? March being dropped I am happy with, Mac not so much

We’ll see, I have some trepidation about 50,000 excited Geordies and their confident team against a team that have been devoid of any confidence for two and a half games

In Potter I trust though.

Agree about Bissouma, maybe GP not happy with his recent contributions either

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yet another pre-match interview on the radio where Potter seems to talk down the home fans. He really needs to accept that very few clubs will see their team go 8 games without a win 2.5 months without an open play goal, and not have a small section of the fans be unhappy and boo. Even if you pass the ball well against a poor Leeds team.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How has Duffy not scored there

For someone so good aerially his attacking heading is shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports