Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Great performance by Brighton vs Newcastle 0-3 Brighton :) :) :)

Loving Lamptey’s scintillating pace and commitment, and Newcastle football forums celebrating the fact that he was substituted after 63 mins, “(sic) Lampty coming off thank **** for that” :) :) :)

Loving the style of bossing play,

Loving Maupay successfully scored a penalty :) ,

Loving the mastermind of Potter’s team picks, and the adaptation in-play, totally confusing to us lesser mortals,

Loving Ryan was bored which is testament to our great defence,

Loving the commentator’s singing Brighton’s praises…. WTF, don’t they know they are talking about Brighton lol

Loving the fact of being a proud Brighton supporter of 50 years and living through these times

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good day for my fantasy side.

Ryan: clean sheet
Lamptey: clean sheet and MoM
Maupay: 2 goals

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And today is why I feel this way.

What an incredible manager we have and what a team we are building. To play like that away from home in the Premier League. Stunning.

Indeed. After 7 minutes I was shaking, thinking, please let's not blow this. I need to have a little more failth. Truth be told I got so used to the Hughton way that I got into the habit of going into reflex clench the moment it starts to look good for us early in a game.

Yes, yes it is early in the season, and we shall certainly get duffed up here and there, but at least this is fun, hopeful and it makes me proud to be a Brighton supporter (and I'm not really one to 'do' pride).

Happy days. :thumbsup:

Also, all that hysteria about having no strikers; we played with three crackers today and brought on another towards the end. We are a-bloody-wash with strikers - we just didn't realise, being for so long a not very attacky sort of side :mad:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Love this. Sometimes, fans do know better than managers.

[TWEET]1307673435372486656[/TWEET]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I've loved him from the beginning (that above post wasn't serious BTW). It was great seeing the defence last season not hopelessly hoofing it up field plus us keeping hold of possession especially after how negative we'd become the season before. Last season was Potter knocking out that deep rooted negative style out of our game which we started seeing come to completion in the last 3rd of that season. This season is us turning that possession and composure on the ball into winning games and dominating teams.

Potter is a genius.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Comprehensive win, not much wrong with that. Biss got bored of football and rightly so, he's beyond that game.

Street fighter is more his level.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Description of Connolly's goal from The Chronicle (local Geordie rag).....

84 mins: GOAL! BRIGHTON
Maupay is allowed to drive forward, the defence backing off all the time.

There is so much space.

Connolly gets the ball off Maupay, and has time to order a Greggs before he fires home. :lolol:

One of the wags on their forum even reckoned Connolly could have driven off and got a Covid test and then got back to the game to score, the amount of time he was given!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Obviously a lot of praise elsewhere however a special mention for Alzate today, I thought he was outstanding and didn’t let the Chelsea error affect him

Class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also really thought Lallana had a good performance when he came on. Some quality defending & ball winning play

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Fantastic effort, performance and result.

Let's also not overlook, that both White and Lalana played their part after going off injured just 6 days ago.
We keep playing like this and the #teamslikebrighton comments will get binned off ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here