Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Bissouma looking good again. They aren't getting anywhere near him at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That'll do very nicely - we've controlled the game and look the better side in every single department.

Lamptey is causing them all kinds of problems down the right, as is Bissouma through the middle (the way they're going, I can't see Shelvey and Lascelles both finishing the game). Another positive as well - through Bissouma, Lamptey and Alzate it's so refreshing to see us attacking and countering with genuine pace.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Trossard playing more towards the middle is what I’ve been wanting for bloody ages, getting him as involved in the game as we can is what we need.

Spot on, I said this after we signed him.

There was no way he is that effective on the wing, down the middle as a CAM just seems like a no brainer.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This Lamptey could be a superstar. My only worry is he could get seriously injured with his 100% commitment and opponents trying to kick him off the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else still a bit worried? :lolol: (too long an Albion fan)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Aside from a couple of hairy moments a flawless performance.

They simply have no way to handle Lamptey, and if they do again they’re getting a red next time. Some lovely passing from Ben White as well.

Same again in the second half please. Let’s not let them back in.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What a superb all round performance.

Ironically, I think we are now seeing the benefit of all that work Hughton did with Solly :p

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Steve Bruce warming up to bring himself on for the second half.

50b449043eaa828184ffac8d95cad554.jpg

Clinton Morrison

Former Crystal Palace striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

It's one-way traffic. I think Steve Bruce can't wait for half-time so he can change a few things. Brighton have so much pace, it feels like every time they break they are going to score.

Article Reactions
Like104 likes104Dislike30 dislikes30

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here