Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Loving the way the play, but we dropped points to an extremely poor Newcastle side who will be down the bottom of the table with us.
Really don’t think we have the quality going forward at the moment. You know your in trouble when you see Bong’s name anywhere near the line up, let alone seeing him on the pitch!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To play attacking football and keep a clean sheet away means we are well balanced.

The danger of playing attacking football is leaking goals, but we are fairly solid at the back.

Lots to look forward to with the youngsters not looking out of place and the more chances we make we will get better at taking them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Take the game in isolation and not part of other games

Decent performance , not far away from being a very very good side

71% possession

Plenty to be positive about . Need a bit of luck but not far away from something very good

Chelsea could be interesting

It's weird isn't it, we had over 70% possession......more shots than Newcastle, pass percentage was much higher, every stat we were equal or better and still whoscored.com gave Newcastle a higher score than us. What plums.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Sometimes it's worth listening to neutrals....
Premier League strugglers Newcastle and Brighton played out a largely forgettable draw which does neither side many favours.
We need to improve even though it was much better than the dross the last year.
if we'd won 0-2 the headline would have read 'Dominant Brighton outplay sloppy Newcastle', but we didn't score.

Newcastle were surely the worst team we've played in the Premier league so far? Apart from maybe WBA?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully our team will get clinical in front of goal, lovely possession play and chances created.........

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was a great performance. We were by far the better team, and we are starting to believe. We just need to put these teams to the sword when we have such a massive advantage.

Plenty of positives to take from the game, especially Alzate, but we need that creative genius to open up teams and finish them off.

All will come crashing down in the next two games. Then it will be a reality check for quite a few on here. With two defeats coming up which are bankers that will be 1 win in 8 games.
Still the football is easy on the eye just not the league table :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The first time I've had the chance to watch the 'new' Seagulls and compared to last season I haven't got anything to moan about. The only mystery was why Glenn Murray didn't come on for the last 20 minutes. I think we possibly could have nicked it then. Overall, a good point away and the possession was unbelievable. I expect Muzza will be given a chance against Villa on Wednesday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Their opinion carries no more weight than yours or mine. We are all just fans of the game. I didn't say it wasn't controlled. All I said was that first half they were happy to concede possession

They weren’t according to the experts. It was not a clever counter attacking game, as the home team they wanted to come out of the traps and get the huge crowd behind them. They patently failed, due to our quality passing game with a threat.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The first time I've had the chance to watch the 'new' Seagulls and compared to last season I haven't got anything to moan about. The only mystery was why Glenn Murray didn't come on for the last 20 minutes. I think we possibly could have nicked it then. Overall, a good point away and the possession was unbelievable. I expect Muzza will be given a chance against Villa on Wednesday.

Muzza rolled his ankle in training and I don't think he was ever likely to come off the bench. Just there to give Newcastle something to wonder about. And not many other options for the bench anyway.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its like day and night. Ok the points are not much difference yet, but possession and using the youngsters already. Just been a bit unlucky so far, but I think this will even it self over the season.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Muzza rolled his ankle in training and I don't think he was ever likely to come off the bench. Just there to give Newcastle something to wonder about. And not many other options for the bench anyway.

Ah, I was surprised by the two latter subs so that explains it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
All will come crashing down in the next two games. Then it will be a reality check for quite a few on here. With two defeats coming up which are bankers that will be 1 win in 8 games.
Still the football is easy on the eye just not the league table :lolol:

You've been predicting calamity every week. You'll get it right one week, I'm sure.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

if we'd won 0-2 the headline would have read 'Dominant Brighton outplay sloppy Newcastle', but we didn't score.

Newcastle were surely the worst team we've played in the Premier league so far? Apart from maybe WBA?

Huddersfield definitely.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You've been predicting calamity every week. You'll get it right one week, I'm sure.

Just like the last two results ? Maybe you should check the score predictor ? Some people understand football better than others. It's life i'm afraid.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Thought we were great. Need to be more of a threat and decisive going forward although we did more than enough to win. A fit and raring Izquierdo instead of a Mooy or Alzate (yes they played well) would have given us more of a threat with pace in behind. What's also good is that our dropped points under CH would have been worrying but we can pick up points against Chelsea, Spurs, Bournemouth, Leicester etc.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just like the last two results ? Maybe you should check the score predictor ? Some people understand football better than others. It's life i'm afraid.

Understand better? Why do you feel the need to be so arrogant? You spout all this negativity and when you're called on it lean back into classic gatekeeping shit.

Oh you just wouldn't understand.
Some people get it.
You'll wake up one day.

Engage people, don't diminish them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The fact of the matter is if Burnley had missed their one decent chance of the match last week and Connelly's shot had gone an extra four inches we would be 5th in the table right now.

And all the boo boys wouldn't be here.

Oh they effin' well would! Can't you just hear them? - "we just scraped two lucky 1-0 wins - just like last season; flukes. We'll be stuffed when we play anybody good".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

WBA beat us, didn't they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here