Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
We controlled the game. When did we last have 71% possession? Some lovely 1 and 2 touch play. Some great youngsters coming through. An away point at Newcastle. What’s not to like?

Ok we didn’t win, but had Connolly scored, this thread would have been completely different. My glass is half full!

D

Deleted member 2719

To be honest I was rather hoping that we had sorted out that final 3rd bit, we were clinical against Watford first game and I was like a dog with 2 cocks.
But all is not lost all the time we are going forward with pace and creating chances but we need to get it sorted out quickly.
I think the players and manager will be a bit down tonight and see it as 2 points dropped.

Connolly was halfway over the line and needed an amazing clearance.

Fine margins and all that.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
At what point will your patience run out? If we manage to stay up I’m confident we will build, but if we get relegated I’m convinced we will be in deep shite!

Why? We have plenty of players getting valuable Championship experience plus we will have the core of a good squad and decent manager but, even though we do have some problems, we are miles from having to worry about that yet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Take the game in isolation and not part of other games

Decent performance , not far away from being a very very good side

71% possession

Plenty to be positive about . Need a bit of luck but not far away from something very good

Chelsea could be interesting

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9079338 said:
Anyone who's frustrated watching that can't have been watching the Albion for long :lolol:

TBF I haven't been watching the Albion for that long, but it *is* frustrating.

Last season we played poorly but were clinical with the few chances on goal. Now we're creating chance after chance and getting nothing.

We finally look like a side that will score from open play but it's just not happening.

At the same time I don't think we've scored from a set piece which was how we got almost all our goals last season.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We controlled the game. When did we last have 71% possession? Some lovely 1 and 2 touch play. Some great youngsters coming through. An away point at Newcastle. What’s not to like?

Ok we didn’t win, but had Connolly scored, this thread would have been completely different. My glass is half full!

Yes, I agree. But the problem is Connolly didn't score. I hope you all realize your feeling better might get us back in the championship.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Need to take our chances, simple as that. If we'd got mugged off 1-0 after that first half it would have been criminal but it was looking increasingly likely. Very impressed with Alzate and Connelly was very unlucky not to score. The biggest mistake in front of goal was Gross not heading home but trying to square the header - just bury those.

It's an away point with a decent performance and we will only get better. There are a lot of reasons to be positive. But that's another 2 points dropped and we cannot keep on doing it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The fact of the matter is if Burnley had missed their one decent chance of the match last week and Connelly's shot had gone an extra four inches we would be 5th in the table right now.

And all the boo boys wouldn't be here.

So the message is to keep doing what they are doing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All the Sky team during and post match said we dominated the game from start to finish. Still saying that now. The only team comfortable on the ball, we stopped NU and their fans getting a head of steam up.
Their opinion carries no more weight than yours or mine. We are all just fans of the game. I didn't say it wasn't controlled. All I said was that first half they were happy to concede possession

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Wouldn't say it was domination. Newcastle intentionally surrendered position. They wanted to hit on the break. Brighton did well not to get sucked in. Good tactical match but not very open. Both with virtually 5 in midfield it was never gonna be pretty. A point is good

71% possession says it was and away from home it don’t get any better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a great performance. We were by far the better team, and we are starting to believe. We just need to put these teams to the sword when we have such a massive advantage.

Plenty of positives to take from the game, especially Alzate, but we need that creative genius to open up teams and finish them off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are some people on here who get off on us not winning, despite how we played. Must be fun being them

I thought I could be a moany supporter, but these extremely unhappy fans make me seem happy clappy.

Imagine writing us off as doomed to the Championship in mid September, when we’re 15th. You couldn’t make it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here