Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle U Youth v Brighton & Hove Albion youth (Official Thread)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Newc miss, still 2-1, three pens each

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
At least they won't be on view on tv:nono:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Gargan unlucky every pen he took when i played with him he smashes it down the middle, good luck to all of them, not lucky to get there, deserved the wins all through!

Let's use that team for plymouth :smokin:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
looks like tommy fraser and sam gargan missed 2 of them reading the posts above

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Got back to Brighton at 5am. Managed to doze on the coach on the way home.
I love St James Park. It is better than the Millenium stadium.
We set off at 9.30 and had enough time to visit the Angel of the North in Gateshead before heading off to the stadium (I've taken some photos which I will post later today)
We arrived and the parents of the team who were on our coach went to the reception desk to collect their tickets. The remaining supporters had a look round the club shop and had a drink in Shearer's bar. Liz went back to reception to find out where the fans were to be placed and found that they had several tickets left over so the remaining supporters from the coach also went in the executive suite for cups of tea (and stronger beverages) and had seats in the director's boxes.
You reach these by escalators or lifts. It is a different world in the Prem. I've done the Old Trafford tour and it wasn't a patch on the facilities at St James Park.
Dick Knight and all the directors were there along with MM BB and Dean White.

We were right behind the press seats which is why you could hear the singing (the irritating little Geordie girl was about 11 btw) We could see Hawesy and Paul doing the commentary.

All the other fans were the opposite side of us. We could see the BHALBAs Scottish flag clearly and hear them singing and chanting.

The commentary may have sounded dull but the game was anything but. Newcastle had done their homework as every time Gatting got the ball he was pounced on by 3 defenders. Hinshelwood was taken to hospital as his knee looked badly jarred when he went down under the tackle.
Lualua (junior) shows great promise. Their keeper was superb.
I really thought we had the victory in the dying minutes and came so close. Lynch had a stormer of a game.
There were loads of scouts watching the game. I spotted the Palace scout (I growled as I walked past him :angry: )
We watched the end of the England game back in the Kielder suite. They don't just have one executive suite but several.

It was no disgrace to go out to a team like that especially when we matched them ball for ball. The cramp was suffered by the Newcastle team (who had just returned from a fortnight in Italy) Our lads looked fitter and didn't appear to suffer cramp at all.
I'm glad I went and the lads have every reason to be proud of the way they played.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Yorkie said:
Got back to Brighton at 5am. Managed to doze on the coach on the way home.
I love St James Park. It is better than the Millenium stadium.
We set off at 9.30 and had enough time to visit the Angel of the North in Gateshead before heading off to the stadium (I've taken some photos which I will post later today)
We arrived and the parents of the team who were on our coach went to the reception desk to collect their tickets. The remaining supporters had a look round the club shop and had a drink in Shearer's bar. Liz went back to reception to find out where the fans were to be placed and found that they had several tickets left over so the remaining supporters from the coach also went in the executive suite for cups of tea (and stronger beverages) and had seats in the director's boxes.
You reach these by escalators or lifts. It is a different world in the Prem. I've done the Old Trafford tour and it wasn't a patch on the facilities at St James Park.
Dick Knight and all the directors were there along with MM BB and Dean White.

We were right behind the press seats which is why you could hear the singing (the irritating little Geordie girl was about 11 btw) We could see Hawesy and Paul doing the commentary.

All the other fans were the opposite side of us. We could see the BHALBAs Scottish flag clearly and hear them singing and chanting.

The commentary may have sounded dull but the game was anything but. Newcastle had done their homework as every time Gatting got the ball he was pounced on by 3 defenders. Hinshelwood was taken to hospital as his knee looked badly jarred when he went down under the tackle.
Lualua (junior) shows great promise. Their keeper was superb.
I really thought we had the victory in the dying minutes and came so close. Lynch had a stormer of a game.
There were loads of scouts watching the game. I spotted the Palace scout (I growled as I walked past him :angry: )
We watched the end of the England game back in the Kielder suite. They don't just have one executive suite but several.

It was no disgrace to go out to a team like that especially when we matched them ball for ball. The cramp was suffered by the Newcastle team (who had just returned from a fortnight in Italy) Our lads looked fitter and didn't appear to suffer cramp at all.
I'm glad I went and the lads have every reason to be proud of the way they played.
well done Yorkie, good report. I'm so jealous. :bounce:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just got back to sunny Bristol after an overnight stay in Newcastle.....brief report follows. I read the match report in the Newcastle Chronicle this morning, which wemt out of their way to mention how strong Lynch & Elphick were in the centre of defence - I'd agree.

The last thing I wanted was extra time and pens....I'd already planned to watch the second half of the England game in the nearest pub after our match finished, but it wasn't to be.

Anyway, what a fantastic stadium St James' Park is - almost bang in the city centre, and a real cauldron - with the fans close to the pitch and all the corners properly "filled in".
There were probably about 2,000 at the game, with a guesstimate of around 50 or so from Brighton. This included the Scottish ALBAs, who were in good voice. The atmosphere was very friendly, and during the first half there was a decent amount of singing from the small Albion contingent (in the 2nd half the ALBAs went and sat somewhere else, not sure why, so it was difficult to get the singing going). Some excellent Newcastle kids around us joined in with all OUR songs....they were abit surprised though to find out that we had our own version of the Blaydon Races.
The match itself was not a classic. Both sides were very well organised and neither team found it easy to create chances. We played 4-5-1 the whole game, with Gatting the lone striker. To be honest he didn't do much, and had only one real half chance*, which was a header he put well wide. As the match progressed we seemed to get more confident, and by the time we reached extra time were beginning to play some good stuff. The final 15 mins was virtually all Albion, and we were very unlucky not to win the game when Sam Gargan (i think) hit the post in the last minute. This possibly evened up a Newcastle opportunity from the second half when a free kick came back off the bar, but Gargan's chance really should have been taken.
So, on to pens, and we took an early lead with Fogden (possibly) and Gatting both scoring, whilst Newcastle's no 9 blazed over. There were then some good saves from both keepers, and if memory serves Gargan hit our 5th penalty against the bar, leaving Newcastle their final kick to win - which they did.
On the run of play over 120 mins this was harsh....personally I thought we were slightly the better team....defensively we worked very well, and most of the time passed the ball out very neatly. Lynch played left centre back, Tommy Elphick to his right. Cobbs played very well at left back against Chelsea, but looked suspect this evening. I was impressed by Chamberlain in midfield, although at times he tried to do the difficult, rather than easy thing. Also, I thought Gargan (who came on as a sub) really added something to our play. Gatting, to be frank, didn't look up for it - but had a pretty thankless task operating as the lone forward. Hopefully he's not too knackered for Saturday..
So, disappointing to go out, but there are some good prospects in this team. Having said that, we managed to catch the last 10 mins of the England game, and it was just amazing to see the difference in speed that the two games were played at....not a fair comparison, though!

See some of you at Plymouth on Sat.

*The Newcastle Chronicle said it was Gatts who hit the post in the last min, whereas I thought it was Gargan....but their report was very good, and I'd back them to be right!

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Yorkie, I hope you told those scouts to keep their hands off Tommy Fraser. The boy was an inspiration - just what our midfield needs.

Now, can I post piccies without going through all that Image Shack palaver ?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
scotjem said:

Now, can I post piccies without going through all that Image Shack palaver ?
If you've saved them to a folder on your pc, you can add them as an attachment if they are not too large.......better to just host them......it doesn't take that long.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Spot Yorkie.

Attachments

• newcastle1.jpg
    newcastle1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 284

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.