Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle U Youth v Brighton & Hove Albion youth (Official Thread)

St. James Park is literally the Cathedral of Newcastle. Unlike all other stadiums I know, perhaps, with the exception of the new Wembley, it dominates the Geordie skyline from all around the city.

When you arrive at Newcastle the stadium is there beckoning you to come over!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:

Fogden seemed to be the only midfielder who could find any space, but Newcastle had the better chances.

Fogden was moved to rightback to cover for the injured Hinshelwood but still contributed well, and had a decent shout for a penalty near full time.

In extra time I think we got the upper hand and Fogden set up a great chance for Gatting near the end but it summed up a frustrating evening for him that he hit the post.
I thought Fogden was excellent too, I would choose him as our most hardworking and creative player, with Chamberlain coming through well too after a quiet start.

I was very impressed with Wes Fogden at Blackburn. A very talented youngster.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yorkie said:
The 'shiny' bits on the seats are perspex covers for the press. We were in the left hand block immediately behind them, in the front row.
:p
i never realised my eyes had got that bad...........:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bakesy said:
i never realised my eyes had got that bad...........:lolol:

Get yourself to Specsavers, lad.
Go to the Eastbourne one and taunt that Palace fan. :jester:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
London Irish said:

The Toon goalie, a big Dutch lad, was very impressive and filled the goal, apparently he'd got them through a penalty shoot-out in the earlier rounds against Stoke. Sam Gargan was very unlucky with the last pen, great connection but unfortunately unlike Adam Virgo's it didn't clip the underside of the bar but just a little bit higher and it bounced out.

Apart from the goalie I thought Newcastle had the best player of the night in an attacking midfielder called James Troisi.

The Newcastle paper said there were 1,200 there - and well done to BHAlba for giving the local Geordie urchins a good contest with the singing :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

That Hans Krul was always gonna be a problem. He actually scored one of the penalties against Stoke as well as saving them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I notice your seats had names on as well. Mine was sponsored by Royal Bank of Scotland.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
London Irish said:

The Newcastle paper said there were 1,200 there - and well done to BHAlba for giving the local Geordie urchins a good contest with the singing :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thanks LI.. We did our best..
Where's your hammer net? Where's your hammer net?

:lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :angel: :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here