Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I reckon we will get about 22k tomorrow. The west upper will be about half full. Also big gaps between the toon fans and us. Still a pretty good turnout considering the price, time and tv coverage.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brighton have no business sense what so ever do they. A few years ago they were doing really well getting in gates of over 6,000.
We were in league 1 and were doing well.
Now they have totally lost it, they start by building a big stadium and then they fill it most weeks. What do they do then, they ask to put more seats in and only go and sell more STs at a higher price. And again they are getting in 26,000 for home games.thet really have no clue as all the other clubs are getting higher attendances then us for home games. They have not got a clue have they

I didn't say they have no clue. I said they overpriced the Newcastle game. Your reliance on repetition, hyperbole and misrepresentation does your argument no good at all.

But here is a thought. We are still not making a profit and I spoke of our business sense. Gus is already making noises that we can't afford English talent and Paul Barber has now royally f***ed up his first chance to price up an individual game. Tell me that doesn't need questioning.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Christ I can't wait until tomorrow to see what the gate is knowing that there will be a couple of days of whinging or I told you so and then we can start the whole bloody process again, hopefully, for round 4.

Might be an idea for the club to review the loyalty scheme so that for prestigious away ties, priority goes first to STH who, if relevant, took up their tickets for home games in the cup over the previous two years.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just got this from the Albion at 17.44 - must be getting desperate:

Dear Super Steve Earle

Supporters still have time to purchase tickets for Albion's FA Cup third round tie with Newcastle United at the Amex, tomorrow at 12.30pm.

Just got this from the Albion at 17.44 - must be getting desperate:

Dear Super Steve Earle

Supporters still have time to purchase tickets for Albion's FA Cup third round tie with Newcastle United at the Amex, tomorrow at 12.30pm.

Sorry, posted twice in error!

Sorry, posted twice in error!

Aaaaargh!!!

Aaaaargh!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It isn't limited to Brighton, but I firmly believe that if the FA cup is going to have relevance to teams outside the Premier League, and for some in it, then it needs to represent great value for fans. I have no doubt that watching MotD on Saturday night we'll be seeing swathes of empty seats at grounds across the country. Football is massively expensive, and supporters prioritise the competitions they can afford - gone are the days you could spend to watch every single game.

Brighton is definitely being a progressive club, the DD's and competitive ST prices bare that out, however personally, I think they've got this one wrong. We'll see tomorrow anyway...

I agree that at a time when, we are all in this together. Clubs should be doing more to encourage supporters to come and watch football. They could do deals for those on benefits and low incomes. Players could do more. The club are in transition at the moment and as they move forward, we are no longer a small club,

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I didn't say they have no clue. I said they overpriced the Newcastle game. Your reliance on repetition, hyperbole and misrepresentation does your argument no good at all.

But here is a thought. We are still not making a profit and I spoke of our business sense. Gus is already making noises that we can't afford English talent and Paul Barber has now royally f***ed up his first chance to price up an individual game. Tell me that doesn't need questioning.

Who says he has messed up, where are your facts?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

It's a simple fact that we can sell out league games against mid table opposition but not a big cup game against a Premier team with a huge away following. We should have. You may say it's on telly to which I say that should have been factored in to the pricing. Also Watford was on the telly.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm not going because it's the FA Cup and i don't have much time for it. I'm looking forward to the Derby game and Birmingham away when new player may be involved. I'll enjoy watching it on terrestrial TV instead after barely rolling out of bed. I don't have Sky you see. Nothing to do with prices. Some might be like me.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A few spaces left on the Gus bus from Haywards Heath to Falmer contact the Mid Sussex Seagulls club normally sold out?

We ARE Sold Out. Usual double decker, 77 seater coach.

Looking forward to it.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It's a simple fact that we can sell out league games against mid table opposition but not a big cup game against a Premier team with a huge away following. We should have. You may say it's on telly to which I say that should have been factored in to the pricing. Also Watford was on the telly.

Lets finish this tomorrow when the game is over and as you think an half empty ground.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I'm not going because it's the FA Cup and i don't have much time for it. I'm looking forward to the Derby game and Birmingham away when new player may be involved. I'll enjoy watching it on terrestrial TV instead after barely rolling out of bed. I don't have Sky you see. Nothing to do with prices. Some might be like me.

I think a lot of people are the same. You pay for sky and there will be plenty of football on the telly over the weekend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Lets finish this tomorrow when the game is over and as you think an half empty ground.

I didn't say half empty. I used the 21k figure quoted on twitter. Half our capacity is not 21k. It IS however less than the number of Season Ticket Holders we have. Our minimum aim should have been our season ticket number plus the Newcastle sales.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Christ I can't wait until tomorrow to see what the gate is knowing that there will be a couple of days of whinging or I told you so and then we can start the whole bloody process again, hopefully, for round 4.

Might be an idea for the club to review the loyalty scheme so that for prestigious away ties, priority goes first to STH who, if relevant, took up their tickets for home games in the cup over the previous two years.

great idea!

imagine the carnage on here if those who didnt buy their ticket for newcastle couldnt get a ticket for the next round? Sorry boys but I would laugh my tits off

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

I know it's even said but the game would have sold out if the club had been more generous to the fans with the pricing. The club may have made more money with these prices but it will be a shame that there will be big empty spaces tomorrow when the ground has been pretty much full for every other game this season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I didn't say half empty. I used the 21k figure quoted on twitter. Half our capacity is not 21k. It IS however less than the number of Season Ticket Holders we have. Our minimum aim should have been our season ticket number plus the Newcastle sales.

Anything less than what we had against them last year would be a major disappointment for the club.

We have 3,000+ more STH than last year.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

If I wasn't busy my seat would be £37 + £2 as opposed to £26 x 23 for league games. As others do & we have done previously if my season ticket were to include our first FA cup home tie in the overall ST price what would the price be ?
The answer EVERY time would be £26 x 24 total.
This is the key fact the club have misread

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Well if the crowd is 21,000 then it cannot be seen as a success.

5,500 less people for a game against Newcastle than for a league game (also on TV)

IMO prices should have been same as we pay pro rata for our ST.

Then it would have sold out.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Well if the crowd is 21,000 then it cannot be seen as a success.

5,500 less people for a game against Newcastle than for a league game (also on TV)

IMO prices should have been same as we pay pro rata for our ST.

Then it would have sold out.
the prices are the same as what people pay for a championship match at the amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here