Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just got this from the Albion at 17.44 - must be getting desperate:

Dear Super Steve Earle

Supporters still have time to purchase tickets for Albion's FA Cup third round tie with Newcastle United at the Amex, tomorrow at 12.30pm.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Dear Super Steve Earle

Supporters still have time to purchase tickets for Albion's FA Cup third round tie with Newcastle United at the Amex, tomorrow at 12.30pm.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Dear Super Steve Earle

Sorry, posted twice in error!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Dear Super Steve Earle

Sorry, posted twice in error!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

I can just see it now the same people moaning from their sofas tomorrow that the atmosphere does not sound as good as usual

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
OK I'm going to use an approximate average here because of concessions and different stand prices but the business sense behind the high prices does not stack up. £35 X 21000 = £735,000 whereas £30 X 27000 = £810,000. You then have 6,000 more people buying pies, pints and programmes. If we can sell out Watford we should be able to sell out a Prem club shirly???

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
OK I'm going to use an approximate average here because of concessions and different stand prices but the business sense behind the high prices does not stack up. £35 X 21000 = £735,000 whereas £30 X 27000 = £810,000. You then have 6,000 more people buying pies, pints and programmes. If we can sell out Watford we should be able to sell out a Prem club shirly???

So this! But Barber is pushing hard to deliver results. I think he pushed to hard here. Also if you've paid nearly 40 notes for the east upper, are you then gonna spend your usual amount on pies etc?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Its because people think its too much to pay for a cup game, despite the fact the EXACT SAME prices are charged for league games. Plenty of the cheapest £28 seats available too.

Remember that attendance announced is tickets sold, not how many are actually there too.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Brighton have no business sense what so ever do they. A few years ago they were doing really well getting in gates of over 6,000.
We were in league 1 and were doing well.
Now they have totally lost it, they start by building a big stadium and then they fill it most weeks. What do they do then, they ask to put more seats in and only go and sell more STs at a higher price. And again they are getting in 26,000 for home games.thet really have no clue as all the other clubs are getting higher attendances then us for home games. They have not got a clue have they

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brighton have no business sense what so ever do they. A few years ago they were doing really well getting in gates of over 6,000.
Now they have totally lost it, they start by building a big stadium and then they fill it most weeks. What do they do then, they ask to put more seats in and only go and sell more STs at a higher price. And again they are getting in 26,000 for home games.thet really have no clue as all the other clubs are getting higher attendances then us for home games. They have not got a clue have they

It isn't limited to Brighton, but I firmly believe that if the FA cup is going to have relevance to teams outside the Premier League, and for some in it, then it needs to represent great value for fans. I have no doubt that watching MotD on Saturday night we'll be seeing swathes of empty seats at grounds across the country. Football is massively expensive, and supporters prioritise the competitions they can afford - gone are the days you could spend to watch every single game.

Brighton is definitely being a progressive club, the DD's and competitive ST prices bare that out, however personally, I think they've got this one wrong. We'll see tomorrow anyway...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

This, well said. Think of all those other new grounds, Cardiff, Derby, Leicester, Coventry (and many others), they know how to ensure as many seats as possible are left empty, match in, match out. Brighton haven't a clue how to do this, so they've ended up getting an average of over 20K+ since we moved to the Amex. They must rue the day we moved out of the Withdean Stadium.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is one of the great problems with the ticket system at the moment. Their communication is poor. Everyone assumes you can't buy tickets without a purchase history. But for this fixture you can and have been able to do so for weeks. YOU NEED NO PURCHASE HISTORY TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE NEWCASTLE GAME.

Guy at work who has never been just phoned up and got three tickets straight away.

Cheers mate, and others who replied, I'll get on the case first thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here