Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd love to buy a ticket for my Shoreham-based mate, who's seen us at Withdean many a time. But the online app won't let me buy him a ticket because I've already bought my own ST seat. It also won't let HIM buy a ticket because he hasn't a purchase history in the previous few years, mainly because I've bought him tickets as birthday treats and the like. I could prob persuade a human the ticket office to sell me one, but I can only phone in my lunch hour, but only ever get the classical music and it doesn't even tell you what position you are in the queue. Not surprised there's a few seats left. With a bit of luck the club will ease the sale restrictions a bit between now and Saturday so that anyone local who wants to buy a ticket can do so.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'd love to buy a ticket for my Shoreham-based mate, who's seen us at Withdean many a time. But the online app won't let me buy him a ticket because I've already bought my own ST seat. It also won't let HIM buy a ticket because he hasn't a purchase history in the previous few years, mainly because I've bought him tickets as birthday treats and the like. I could prob persuade a human the ticket office to sell me one, but I can only phone in my lunch hour, but only ever get the classical music and it doesn't even tell you what position you are in the queue. Not surprised there's a few seats left. With a bit of luck the club will ease the sale restrictions a bit between now and Saturday so that anyone local who wants to buy a ticket can do so.

You probably covered this but if not, do you not have anyone on your friends and family who isn't going and you can purchase under their name?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Online sales are restricted to those with purchase history over last 3 years but anyone can buy a ticket over the phone or in person at either club shop.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Absolutely hilarious isn't it!?

That number has gone up and up over the last few weeks as the objectors got more and more worried that ticket sales would make them look daft.

By kick off anything less than a full house will be cataclysmic :lol:

At least if we dont get the biggest crowd it looks as if we will see the biggest forward line with Shola and Sammi Ameobi in tandem. Could be problematic for us ???

So true mate

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
... I try and get to as many away games as I can and they cost a lot more then a ticket for a home cup game...

I'm not moaning, just not going. There are three of us ST that travel to the Amex from distance. We had decided some time ago to go to the away game at Birmingham (our first away of the season) and the FA Cup would have meant five successive Saturdays! Not only that but with early booking my return to Birmingham is cheaper than the return to Brighton, and the match ticket is cheaper.

... and given how much Harvey's I get through before and after I'm not convinced that the home games are cheaper!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
This thread has really demonstrated what a lot of old women there are on here who just won't let their absessions go.

How many of those whining about the cost of going to the game have also whined about us not signing a 20+ goals a year striker - err how much do they cost? Do they expect TB to keep dipping his hand into his pocket or perhaps is it reasonable for him to look for funding from other sources?

How many of those whinging about the price of a ticket have considered choosing a cheaper seat and factored in that their travel is subsidised within the Brighton area?

How many of those bleating about the price of a ticket realise that they can see it on the television, if they think it is too expensive then just do that, what are they bleating on about?

How many of those negative posters would really prefer all Brighton games to be televised so they could stay at home and watch it and have the drink of their choice and the pie of their choice and not worry about going to the Amex at all?

How many naggers have considered that the club won't get it right every time but 20K attendance for the FA Cup 3rd round is what most Championship teams would dream about?

How many niggling nabobs of negativity are going to realise that we are in a transition and prices that were reasonable on the chicken run are not going to sustain TB's ambition for us to be a top flight club?

How many of those bitching on and on about the cost are really happy, just really happy bitching on and on?

How many of those Moaners just need an embrace?

With you all the way.

I'd only add one more observation: I wonder how many of the "I'm staying away and watching it on TV" brigade will also moan about people leaving the East Stand on 86 minutes when the ITV cameras inevitably pick them out?

JOKYLE

Feb 26, 2009
I am going and i have a 400 mile round trip from stafford alot of people forget where we have come from new stadium etc all costs money tb hasnt got an endless pot of money.

I am going and i have a 400 mile round trip from stafford alot of people forget where we have come from new stadium etc all costs money tb hasnt got an endless pot of money.

f*** SAKE, will people STOP using this argument about forgetting where we've come from in every single thread.

NO I HAVEN'T, how could I possibly FORGET the 2 years at Pikeyville, 12 years sitting in the rain at Withdean. Yes Tony hasn't got an endless pot of money, but neither have I FFS and I spent a shit load of my limited pot of money supporting the team when they were utter shit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

This is one of the great problems with the ticket system at the moment. Their communication is poor. Everyone assumes you can't buy tickets without a purchase history. But for this fixture you can and have been able to do so for weeks. YOU NEED NO PURCHASE HISTORY TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE NEWCASTLE GAME.

Guy at work who has never been just phoned up and got three tickets straight away.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I still firmly believe that the Albion have got this one wrong. The ticketing system needs to be completely reviewed again and I believe that the Albion have got this game wrong as far as the ticket prices were concerned. That said, we have come a hell of a long way in a short period of time and to get anywhere near 20K as an attendance for this game would be excellent. As for those who thought this would be a sell out / record attendance.....reality check please. Lots of tickets still not sold and the WSU will have lots of seats going spare but that will allow some people to get a better seat simply by moving around a bit. Silver lining, eh?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I am surprised that there are so many North Stand tickets available. I assume these are a bit cheaper aswell. Still looking forward to what will hopefully be another win against the Geordies. SOme of my favourite moments against them.

1979 Best day out ever as an Albion fan at an away game

This is one of the great problems with the ticket system at the moment. Their communication is poor. Everyone assumes you can't buy tickets without a purchase history. But for this fixture you can and have been able to do so for weeks. YOU NEED NO PURCHASE HISTORY TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE NEWCASTLE GAME.

Guy at work who has never been just phoned up and got three tickets straight away.

The Club has made it very clear that "no purchase history" is required for buying tickets for this match. What else could they have done , in this respect ?

Looks to me that the North Stand (West) is a problem area - hardly any seats sold. Very disappointing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks to me that the North Stand (West) is a problem area - hardly any seats sold. Very disappointing.

...yet if you log on to the ticketing site it says (or did the last time I looked) that you needed a purchase history from the last 3 years in bright red letters.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
...yet if you log on to the ticketing site it says (or did the last time I looked) that you needed a purchase history from the last 3 years in bright red letters.

It does. Those without a purchase history can only buy tickets via phone or club shops.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The purchase history online thing doesn't help things. Mate of mine wants to come, so he's going to pop into the Queens Road ticket officer tomorrow morning to buy his ticket as he doesn't have a purchase history. Actually i wonder how many people will wake up tomorrow and think 'oh f*** it, i'm going' and get themselves down to the ticket office nice and early to bag a ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here