Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
can see Newcastle putting out a weak team - they need to concentrate on staying in the Premier League at the moment surely.

I can also see the complete reverse being true. Pardew needs his players remembering how to win, and what winning feels like. They've lost 3 on the bounce, and 8 out of the last 10. Last thing he'll need, even if it is a weakened team is another defeat. I suspect he may rest one or two, but it will be a strongish team for them I reckon.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Hardly ripped off at £28 a ticket - good value really. It's the £39 ones which are the problem - and in that case those people should just sit in the cheaper seats and save £11 - not exactly hard.

I agree £28 is ok but half the ground costs over £36 when you include the booking fee so how can everybody move to the cheaper seats?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If they want a full ground they can't keep rising prices, hopefully this highlights that to Barber before he starts charging £40+

Are you going? If not why can't you let it go as you have made your point.

If you're going why? if you feel so strongly why did you pay the price when you could watch it on tv.

Do you pay for a tv license? Is that value for money? I hope you make this much of a fuss for all other taxes, duties and increases in your life.

If so many st holders are staying away I think this highlights what fantastic support this club has if there are still 1000s of people wanting to go.

For the record I think the prices were a bit steep, but were very good for one adult and child which I got, if the attendence is down the major factors are the early kickoff and tv, not so much prices imo.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
For the record I think the prices were a bit steep, but were very good for one adult and child which I got, if the attendence is down the major factors are the early kickoff and tv, not so much prices imo.

That sentence doesn't make sense, it is an early kick off and on tv - therefore they should've dropped the price

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
That sentence doesn't make sense, it is an early kick off and on tv - therefore they should've dropped the price

I guess the club felt they could sell them at the normal price, i don't think anyone knows how many have been sold do they? Supposedly about 3 weeks ago we had sold 21k so maybe they have priced it right. As much as I and many see football as a sport and a love, it is also a business.... We will see come Saturday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Oh how times have changed did we ever think we would see the day a crowd of less than 24k being painted as a disaster!!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I guess the club felt they could sell them at the normal price, i don't think anyone knows how many have been sold do they? Supposedly about 3 weeks ago we had sold 21k so maybe they have priced it right. As much as I and many see football as a sport and a love, it is also a business.... We will see come Saturday.

Don't get me wrong I really want the ground to be full. I don't want to see loads of empty seats. I just think the club got this wrong. £37 to sit in my seat is just too much.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think it's a shame that fans will let themselves get ripped off and give the club licence to continue to rip them off in future. If the crowd is over 24k then maybe the club are right. Less than that I think they have it badly wrong. And for those comparing last seasons gate, it was a sell out so no more fans could have gone.

Edit - mistaken

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Don't get me wrong I really want the ground to be full. I don't want to see loads of empty seats. I just think the club got this wrong. £37 to sit in my seat is just too much.

Agree that is high, I am going in the east and I think mine was possibly just under that for myself and my lad. Which I feel isn't too bad, but keep can see why others are aggrieved.... Let's hope the st renewals are not inflated, which with the increased capacity I hope they can achieve.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

This is a simple case of supply and demand. We have the highest attendances in the league and these types of games have sold out easily in the past, so it makes commercial sense to charge towards the higher end of the scale. If there are thousands of empty seats im sure pricing will adjust accordingly for next equivilant game.

However, the policy of selling expensive seats first is wrong and.counterproductive. My brother has looked into going to several games, but decided against due to thinking all the cheap seats were sold. By the time extra blocks in the south went on sale, he had other plans. I'm sure attendances.would have been higher if all seats available from the start.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
However, the policy of selling expensive seats first is wrong and.counterproductive. My brother has looked into going to several games, but decided against due to thinking all the cheap seats were sold. By the time extra blocks in the south went on sale, he had other plans. I'm sure attendances.would have been higher if all seats available from the start.

This has been raised with the club on several occasions, and has never been satisfactorily answered.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is a simple case of supply and demand. We have the highest attendances in the league and these types of games have sold out easily in the past, so it makes commercial sense to charge towards the higher end of the scale. If there are thousands of empty seats im sure pricing will adjust accordingly for next equivilant game.

I know of several people who have opted out because of the early 34-36 quid tics. It's madness.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

I know of several people who have opted out because of the early 34-36 quid tics. It's madness.

It is madness, apart from the fact that it penilises people who can only afford cheaper seats, Barber is losing money in the long run this way by putting potential fans off.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh how times have changed did we ever think we would see the day a crowd of less than 24k being painted as a disaster!!

Absolutely hilarious isn't it!?

That number has gone up and up over the last few weeks as the objectors got more and more worried that ticket sales would make them look daft.

By kick off anything less than a full house will be cataclysmic :lol:

At least if we dont get the biggest crowd it looks as if we will see the biggest forward line with Shola and Sammi Ameobi in tandem. Could be problematic for us ???

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This thread has really demonstrated what a lot of old women there are on here who just won't let their absessions go.

How many of those whining about the cost of going to the game have also whined about us not signing a 20+ goals a year striker - err how much do they cost? Do they expect TB to keep dipping his hand into his pocket or perhaps is it reasonable for him to look for funding from other sources?

How many of those whinging about the price of a ticket have considered choosing a cheaper seat and factored in that their travel is subsidised within the Brighton area?

How many of those bleating about the price of a ticket realise that they can see it on the television, if they think it is too expensive then just do that, what are they bleating on about?

How many of those negative posters would really prefer all Brighton games to be televised so they could stay at home and watch it and have the drink of their choice and the pie of their choice and not worry about going to the Amex at all?

How many naggers have considered that the club won't get it right every time but 20K attendance for the FA Cup 3rd round is what most Championship teams would dream about?

How many niggling nabobs of negativity are going to realise that we are in a transition and prices that were reasonable on the chicken run are not going to sustain TB's ambition for us to be a top flight club?

How many of those bitching on and on about the cost are really happy, just really happy bitching on and on?

How many of those Moaners just need an embrace?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here