Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think it's a shame that people on here are hoping for an half empty stadium. The club wants to move forward and compete at the top level, in doing this prices will rise. Add into that the transport costs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
25,000+ -

Not that I trust Barber and his bullshit 'tickets sold' attendances anyway, they don't announce the truthful attendance for league games so Saturday won't be any different..

Agree with you on the 25K number, we still might do it though.

As for the attendance thing, this is nothing to do with Mr Barber, it's almost every EPL and Championship club now, and others, and abroad too, it's not unusual, it seem 100% wrong, but it is the norm.

The travel that the club accepted a majority weren't paying for anyway?

Travel that many thousands of fans were stealing :shrug: The club still had to pay for it, in excess of £1M it cost the club in addition to the travel vouchers fans actually bought.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think it's a shame that people on here are hoping for an half empty stadium. The club wants to move forward and compete at the top level, in doing this prices will rise. Add into that the transport costs.

If they want a full ground they can't keep rising prices, hopefully this highlights that to Barber before he starts charging £40+

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
25,000+ - I'm sorry, but if we can sell 26500 tickets for a televised game against WATFORD, we should be sold out for this match.

Not that I trust Barber and his bullshit 'tickets sold' attendances anyway, they don't announce the truthful attendance for league games so Saturday won't be any different.

The meaningless Chelsea game was £30, so in most areas was actually cheaper, and against more glamorous opponents (Champions of Europe!), and we only just sold 16,000 (from memory) the day before the game. About 4000 of those were Chelsea 'fans'. Admittedly it WAS meaningless, but it wasn't on free to air TV, and was at 3pm on a Saturday. This is against less glamourous opponents we've played recently, our home form is dire and it's on ITV1 at a funny time. It was blindingly obvious to all but the most blue tinted spec wearers that these prices were hopelessly out of touch with what they should have been.

Unfortunately though, Barber's here for the £ decisions. It seems unlikely to me, but maybe a crowd of 19,500 at these joke prices will bring in more revenue than 27,000 paying more reasonable prices? But it's impossible to prove that without knowing how much the average punter brings in in merchandise/food sales etc, and also the proportion who pay kids tickets. If that is the case, then it's a real worry that fans will continue to be shafted and pay the highest prices in the league.

19500 x £30 average = 585000
27500 x £20 average = 550000

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Agree with you on the 25K number, we still might do it though.

As for the attendance thing, this is nothing to do with Mr Barber, it's almost every EPL and Championship club now, and others, and abroad too, it's not unusual, it seem 100% wrong, but it is the norm.

Travel that many thousands of fans were stealing :shrug: The club still had to pay for it, in excess of £1M it cost the club in addition to the travel vouchers fans actually bought.

I paid my £30 last year, I paid it last year in the price of my season ticket.

£24 for a Newcastle ticket last year, £28 this year.

I'm not blaming the club for making people pay for travel, but I don't think this defends £39 tickets in some areas, it's daylight robbery.

Anyway, we'll see what attendance they conjure up on Saturday...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
19500 x £30 average = 585000
27500 x £20 average = 550000

19500 x £30 average = £585000
27500 x £22 average = £605000

It's not hard to make up numbers to suit your usual pro club agenda, and you've completely ignored the impact on an extra 8000 people spending money at the ground.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
19500 x £30 average = £585000
27500 x £22 average = £605000

It's not hard to make up numbers to suit your usual pro club agenda, and you've completely ignored the impact on an extra 8000 people spending money at the ground.

I used your figures in post #341.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How would you feel [MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION], if Paul Barber did want to lower prices for this match but was talked out of it?

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Just swapped my usual WSU ticket for 1 adult & 2 kids in the family stand, as both my kids want to come. £40 for the lot, so only £11 to pay for the kids. nice :)

Done the same - feels like really good value to me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I paid my £30 last year, I paid it last year in the price of my season ticket.

£24 for a Newcastle ticket last year, £28 this year.

I'm not blaming the club for making people pay for travel, but I don't think this defends £39 tickets in some areas, it's daylight robbery.

Anyway, we'll see what attendance they conjure up on Saturday...

Regarding the anecdotal evidence here of a £4 like-for-like rise, are the club saying that % rise is a direct result to pay for the cost of transport on the day, and not a penny more?

The reason I ask is that transport cost comments are dominating this thread.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How would you feel [MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION], if Paul Barber did want to lower prices for this match but was talked out of it?

I'd be angry at whoever made the decision, I don't really care if it was Barber or someone else.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

WSU is normally full with season ticket holders and would be surprised if not full, why else are they no on the website.

It not for sale as the club will want the east stand as full as possible as that is what the cameras will be facing. If wsu has had the same uptake as N1A it will only be 20% full and being most is more expensive than the ns I see no reason why it won't be. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I really can not see what people are moaning about. If the tickets is more then you are willing to pay. Then do not pay it, stay at home and watch it on the TV. If we had drawn Newcastle away it would have cost a lot more for the fans who were willing to travel to watch the game. It's a cup game home or away and if the club think that they can make money on the ticket price, then good luck to them. As long as the money is put back into the club and money is put in the transfer budget, then we are all winners, if the club invest in better players. I try and get to as many away games as I can and they cost a lot more then a ticket for a home cup game.

Non league is a lot cheaper to watch, you can stay to the end without having to leave on the 85 min
Hastings were selling cup tickets for a £10 all you have to do is get to Middlesborough.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I think it's a shame that fans will let themselves get ripped off and give the club licence to continue to rip them off in future. If the crowd is over 24k then maybe the club are right. Less than that I think they have it badly wrong. And for those comparing last seasons gate, it was a sell out so no more fans could have gone.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
can see Newcastle putting out a weak team - they need to concentrate on staying in the Premier League at the moment surely.
Or putting out a strong squad to get a much needed morale boosting victory. Pardew must also be sweating about his future

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

I think it's a shame that fans will let themselves get ripped off and give the club licence to continue to rip them off in future. If the crowd is over 24k then maybe the club are right. Less than that I think they have it badly wrong. And for those comparing last seasons gate, it was a sell out so no more fans could have gone.

Hardly ripped off at £28 a ticket - good value really. It's the £39 ones which are the problem - and in that case those people should just sit in the cheaper seats and save £11 - not exactly hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here