Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why ? Do they get upset on a train if some passengers got a better deal ?

I would imagine, if we won, and were drawn a medicore premiership team at home in the next round hardly any tickets would be sold before hand and the ticket office would be snowed under two or three days before the game as people would just wait expecting the ticket price goes down.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would imagine, if we won, and were drawn a medicore premiership team at home in the next round hardly any tickets would be sold before hand and the ticket office would be snowed under two or three days before the game as people would just wait expecting the ticket price goes down.

Then don't reduce it next time.

To be fair I understand the reasons for not reducing prices - but I doubt not hurting the feelings of those that had paid a higher price is the reason.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The solution would be for the club to announce "early bird" prices and to make clear that prices will be INCREASED nearer the time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now with two days to go - if there are large numbers of seats reducing the price would bring in additional money and perhaps people who can't afford the full price. Isn't it what airlines do ?

Airlines tend to do exactly the OPPOSITE, surely?

The last few seats, bought nearest the date, are the most expensive.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dunno. If you purchased early you got the best seats and the security of knowing if it had sold out - you were still going.

Now with two days to go - if there are large numbers of seats reducing the price would bring in additional money and perhaps people who can't afford the full price. Isn't it what airlines do ?
Oh I'm sure the feelings of a few mug punters such as myself count for absolutely nothing when there's revenue at stake, and in some ways it makes a degree of sense to discount the remaining seats to 'paper the house' as they say in theatrical circles. However I think in the long run, leaving aside the 'pissing off' factor, it would backfire. Firstly next time everyone will hold off buying until the last moment gambling that the price will come down - I certainly will. Secondly what if they extended it to league games? If you knew that a couple of hours before kick-off you could get a seat for a tenner would you bother with a ST? Your point about not being sure of your preferred place still applies, but more casual fans may abandon their STs and just get the late tickets.

Most flights I take (roughly 2 a month, mostly internal) are no more than two thirds full.

Bit like the Amex will be on Saturday then.

Slightly different analogy though, most flights will use this because people will need to get somewhere at short notice where flying is the only option, ie abroad. The plane is going anyway so they have you by the scrotum.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Oh I'm sure the feelings of a few mug punters such as myself count for absolutely nothing when there's revenue at stake, and in some ways it makes a degree of sense to discount the remaining seats to 'paper the house' as they say in theatrical circles. However I think in the long run, leaving aside the 'pissing off' factor, it would backfire. Firstly next time everyone will hold off buying until the last moment gambling that the price will come down - I certainly will. Secondly what if they extended it to league games? If you knew that a couple of hours before kick-off you could get a seat for a tenner would you bother with a ST? Your point about not being sure of your preferred place still applies, but more casual fans may abandon their STs and just get the late tickets.

All fair points my old fruit. Amongst all this about prices - the £37 for an adult and two children is excellent. And it is that type of pricing that needs to be encouraged.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Is it too late to get Groupon involved?

No chance mate, they've got their hands more than full trying to ship the gypos into the deserted stands of Smellworst.

Anyway, given the shocking job they do there, I don't think they are particularly well qualified!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd reserve judgement until the release WSU so we can see how many seats have really been sold

Sure. Agree completely. I'm just surprised at how some seem SURE that it's going to be a very low crowd.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All fair points my old fruit. Amongst all this about prices - the £37 for an adult and two children is excellent. And it is that type of pricing that needs to be encouraged.

That is normal pricing for the family stand for any game. Adults are £29, kids U10 £4. It is pretty much sold out to ST holders though for league games - hence it's not generally a deal most people see.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sure. Agree completely. I'm just surprised at how some seem SURE that it's going to be a very low crowd.

I hope its not but I also think people shouldn't think its going to be a bumper one either. I was shocked tbh when I saw how few seats have been sold in N1A which was released earlier, meaning about 10% of STH have purchased their seats, in the cheapest part of the stadium. I hope the same isn't true about WSU. There are also a few other blocks not up for sale yet, the last block on WSL by the NS for example, which I believe isn't ST seats at all, so one assumes it is currently empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports