Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maths not your strong point obviously. 27k paying an average of £25 brings in more money than 20k paying an average of £30.
Actually, isn't the point that the club don't really know what the price elasticity is for a stand a lone cup game? Your maths are right there, but that doesn't mean we would have had 27,000 if ticket prices averaged £25. Another factor to consider is that the club doesn't want to undervalue it's product, and yet that would be the effect of setting prices too low.

I for one will be very pleased if we draw a poorish crowd as it will send a message to the club that we wont be taken for a ride if prices are too high.
I would too. I know the club is fostering a culture of being run professionally, but they are walking a dangerous tightrope of not listening to it's fans, or customers as some of the top brass might prefer to call us. As such, I don't really see there is anything to gain from a sell-out at high prices. Fan loyalty doesn't really count for much in the current circumstances.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just swapped my usual WSU ticket for 1 adult & 2 kids in the family stand, as both my kids want to come. £40 for the lot, so only £11 to pay for the kids. nice :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Pretty sure the phone line is a third party. When I was trying to get 2 seats for Forest in the West they said they could only sell me what was showing on the ticket site as that was all they could see. If I wanted elsewhere then I had to phone Customer Services (which I did and got "unreleased" tix)

If you go and buy a ticket in person the people behind the counter are doing phone bookings as well as serving the customers in the queue.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If you go and buy a ticket in person the people behind the counter are doing phone bookings as well as serving the customers in the queue.

Correct, but when I phoned the ticketline number the bloke said all he could sell me was what was visible online and if I wanted others I had to phone the ticket office at Amex and he gave me that number and also the Customer Service number if I couldn't get through. I didn't ask direct but figured he was a ticket agency fella

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The club are not making me take down the site. This is a personal choice as for this game I misread my own data and have made a bit of a tit of myself. As others have mentioned on this thread WSU seats dont seem to have been released so the data cant be accurate (other blocks or areas within blocks also may be in this position also).

Basically the site really isn't intelligent enough at the moment to understand season ticket holder seats and seats that have ever gone on sale and then are sold and therefore is leading (as I think it may have done for me yesterday) to some false positives. I think I would need to invest more time in the site to make it more accurate to show the real state of play in ticketing at the Amex which could be made simpler and more accurate by the clubs own ticketing site where I have to get all my data from.

In it's current state of just automating counting of dots in currently available blocks I think we have all seen that this is a fruitless exersise (and a bit misleading without knowing which other seats ever came on sale) so maybe the site has run it's course.

I think it was still an interesting and useful site. Maybe, in order to reduce confusion, you could label the figures "Seats currently available" rather than "Seats remaining" and add a note to say the figures could rise if and when more blocks are released for sale.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Actually, isn't the point that the club don't really know what the price elasticity is for a stand a lone cup game? Your maths are right there, but that doesn't mean we would have had 27,000 if ticket prices averaged £25. Another factor to consider is that the club doesn't want to undervalue it's product, and yet that would be the effect of setting prices too low.

I would too. I know the club is fostering a culture of being run professionally, but they are walking a dangerous tightrope of not listening to it's fans, or customers as some of the top brass might prefer to call us. As such, I don't really see there is anything to gain from a sell-out at high prices. Fan loyalty doesn't really count for much in the current circumstances.

More bums on seats means more money being spent in the concourse and club shop.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think it was still an interesting and useful site. Maybe, in order to reduce confusion, you could label the figures "Seats currently available" rather than "Seats remaining" and add a note to say the figures could rise if and when more blocks are released for sale.

Could you track the release of seats? I think that could be quite interesting.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

It's ironic that those complaining about the ticket prices will be the same ones complaining that we haven't spent £x million on a new striker.

You can't have it both ways.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Correct, but when I phoned the ticketline number the bloke said all he could sell me was what was visible online and if I wanted others I had to phone the ticket office at Amex and he gave me that number and also the Customer Service number if I couldn't get through. I didn't ask direct but figured he was a ticket agency fella

I know people who've rung the ticketline, recognised the voice of the person they've spoke to (as someone who'd previously served them in person) and still been charged the booking fee :shrug:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just swapped my usual WSU ticket for 1 adult & 2 kids in the family stand, as both my kids want to come. £40 for the lot, so only £11 to pay for the kids. nice :)

Hope they enjoy the day PL.

Just out of interest, do your kids call your wife Mama Lazarou? :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I know people who've rung the ticketline, recognised the voice of the person they've spoke to (as someone who'd previously served them in person) and still been charged the booking fee :shrug:

Buggered if I know then - thought I'd cracked it :annoyed:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Gutted I can't make this I really wanted to but the finances just wont allow it with money being personally very tight. It is a shame but I will have to settle for a pub and hope for a win.

If it is a sell out then no one can moan at the club really as they have just bagged enough moola to get the player we all want. Yes it seems alot of an fa cup third round match but lets not forget it is a Prem club we are playing have we become that snobbish now?

Enjoy the game those who go, and whichever bastard is in my seat you better make noise! ;)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nope, I don't use my NSC name in real life.... :)

Some do. I was only talking to my sons, Baldrick and Percy the other day They asked if Nursey would be joining us. No Chance!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here