Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Maths not your strong point obviously. 27k paying an average of £25 brings in more money than 20k paying an average of £30.

I for one will be very pleased if we draw a poorish crowd as it will send a message to the club that we wont be taken for a ride if prices are too high.

Would £25 (which is more than I pay for my seats) be cheap enough to appease people? Reading on here I seriously doubt it so assumed something under £20 would be needed to boost attendance by six or seven thousand?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Would £25 (which is more than I pay for my seats) be cheap enough to appease people? Reading on here I seriously doubt it so assumed something under £20 would be needed to boost attendance by six or seven thousand?

I think under £30 would have made a big difference to the ten sth's in our group, all of which have refused to pay the £34 plus bf. I honestly think many people consider over thirty quid for a footy match a psychological barrier especially if on tv.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Maths not your strong point obviously. 27k paying an average of £25 brings in more money than 20k paying an average of £30.

I for one will be very pleased if we draw a poorish crowd as it will send a message to the club that we wont be taken for a ride if prices are too high.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bloody students.

If you're refering to me then I bloody wish! You're about 30 yrs too late!!!!!

As for Husty, we assume he isn't a STH as he appears to be from Leeds. It's probably not the ticket price but the travel costs!!!!! Still, who cares if he or others don't want to go. Those that are there will enjoy it and those that can't afford to go can enjoy on ITV. Those of us there will no doubt record the match anyway!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Doesn't explain the booking fee you are charged if you do it by phone.

Pretty sure the phone line is a third party. When I was trying to get 2 seats for Forest in the West they said they could only sell me what was showing on the ticket site as that was all they could see. If I wanted elsewhere then I had to phone Customer Services (which I did and got "unreleased" tix)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I suspect there will either be an agreed value between the two clubs or the Albion will have nominated a price at the start of the season. I suspect the former

Or perhaps the 1901 seats are not regarded as tickets, seeing as 1901 seats are not sold per match, they are sold, in effect, up front as a single entity. There are no options for ticket exchange, seats are not sold individually by normal channels.

For the third time: The fact we are selling the tickets at extortionate prices doesn't alter the fact that they are extortionate.

How are they extortionate? They are list price, they are the standard ticket price, published before the season started, or are you saying carte Blanche that our ticket prices are extortionate? Match on match record attendances at the Amex suggests otherwise don't they? FA Cup 3rd round matches are notoriously low attendances accross the country, we bucked that trend last season, we might well do the same this season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
How are they extortionate? They are list price, they are the standard ticket price, published before the season started, or are you saying carte Blanche that our ticket prices are extortionate?

Fair point. I do think our prices for game by game tickets are at best pricey. And for younger people - people in their early twenties say on the start of the earnings ladder - they are extortionate. I do not know what the answer is - but I do understand why some would hope for a lower than expected turnout - because there is only one way the prices are going at the moment, and a lower than expected turnout might cause a moment for thought.

But we all want that striker - so it is not straight forward.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We can see there is a total of 815 tickets left (http://amextickets.azurewebsites.net/) for the Newcastle game

• only about 500 of these left are not individial tickets (I guess going to football on your own is less appealing).
  • more people will turn up for this one as they have paid specifically for the seat
  • we still have 3 days of selling to go

Therefore I think we are pretty certain to see more people at this fixture than any game so far this season. This is amazing, a real success for the club that shows how impressive our support now is, especially as people could have stayed at home and watched it on the telly for free.

I know a few (vocal minority) really whinged at the pricing. I'm afraid any they were wrong...Hats off tothe club for really knowing the level of support for the club and getting the stadium full to the brim!

:albion2:

Come on then spill the dirt, why did the club make you take your site down, is it beacause there are still 1,000's unsold in WSU and NS, which I suspect is probably true with the blanket "please buy a ticket" advertising

Come on then spill the dirt, why did the club make you take your site down, is it beacause there are still 1,000's unsold in WSU and NS, which I suspect is probably true with the blanket "please buy a ticket" advertising

The club are not making me take down the site. This is a personal choice as for this game I misread my own data and have made a bit of a tit of myself. As others have mentioned on this thread WSU seats dont seem to have been released so the data cant be accurate (other blocks or areas within blocks also may be in this position also).

Basically the site really isn't intelligent enough at the moment to understand season ticket holder seats and seats that have ever gone on sale and then are sold and therefore is leading (as I think it may have done for me yesterday) to some false positives. I think I would need to invest more time in the site to make it more accurate to show the real state of play in ticketing at the Amex which could be made simpler and more accurate by the clubs own ticketing site where I have to get all my data from.

In it's current state of just automating counting of dots in currently available blocks I think we have all seen that this is a fruitless exersise (and a bit misleading without knowing which other seats ever came on sale) so maybe the site has run it's course.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The club ar enot making me take down the site. This is a personal choice as for this game I misread my own data and have made a bit of a tit of myself. As others have mentioned on this thread WSU seats dont seem to have been released so the data cant be accurate (other blocks or areas within blocks also may be in this oosition also).

Basically the site really isn't intelligent enough at the moment to understand season ticket holder seats and seats that have ever gone on sale and then are sold and therefore is leading (as I think it may have done for me yesterday) to some false positives. I think I would need to invest more time in the site to make it more accurate to show the real state of play in ticketing at the Amex which could be made simpler and more accurate by the clubs own ticketing site where I have to get all my data from.

In it's current state of just automating counting of dots in currently available blocks I think we have all seen that this is a fruitless exersise (and a bit misleading without knowing which other seats ever came on sale) so maybe the site has run it's course.

:thumbsup: I still don't understand why the club cannot make all available seats available to buy for league games

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
:thumbsup: I still don't understand why the club cannot make all available seats available to buy for league games

Because they can squeeze more cash out of the punters by pretending it is close to selling out and only advertising the more expensive tickets. Apparently. Unless someone else has a better explanation?

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
If I knew how to create a poll, my question would be
How many emails will I receive between now and Saturday saying tickets are available
None - we have sold out
1-3 - one each day
More than 3 - we are looking desperate

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because they can squeeze more cash out of the punters by pretending it is close to selling out and only advertising the more expensive tickets. Apparently. Unless someone else has a better explanation?

It seems to be the case and I could also understand selling a block out before moving onto the next, if we have loads on match by match tickets to sell but there must be sleeper fans who look on the site and see only expensive tickets left and say "sod that" but had the cheaper ones be available would have decided to buy. After all its not like were have many free seats on offer at the moment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

It seems to be the case and I could also understand selling a block out before moving onto the next, if we have loads on match by match tickets to sell but there must be sleeper fans who look on the site and see only expensive tickets left and say "sod that" but had the cheaper ones be available would have decided to buy. After all its not like were have many free seats on offer at the moment.

I imagine many fans look at the ticket availability online, see mainly single tickets, think "I can't get a group of tickets for me and my mates" and decide to give it a miss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I imagine many fans look at the ticket availability online, see mainly single tickets, think "I can't get a group of tickets for me and my mates" and decide to give it a miss.

That scenario is definitely a possibility, and for sure they should find a better way.

In reality I guess most people in that situation would ring and ask though, hopefully.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
For the third time: The fact we are selling the tickets at extortionate prices doesn't alter the fact that they are extortionate.

Rather than keep repeating yourself, maybe spend a little time considering the difference between a "fact" and an opinion.

Blimey - 13 pages of people getting excited about the possible attendance (a lot of whom claim they couldn't care less about attendances)

Does it really matter? :whistle:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Erm... tickets are £28 which INCLUDES the travel voucher. Return fair from, say, Shoreham to Falmer is about £5 so knock that off the ticket price. If you can't afford to come then that's fine. But if you're using the pricing as your excuse, because you just can't be bothered or you'd rather spend your £28 in the pub (rather than supporting the team) then at least be honest about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here